ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

In other (not surprising) news, Ben Askren picked Ohio State to beat us in a dual this year. Every uncertainty goes their way, no bonus, etc.

He’s all over the board re: Penn State. Admires Cael and the coaching style - and his style is closely aligned with what Cael wants out of his guys - but there’s always some sort of biased undercurrent going on. Maybe no surprise none of his AwA guys have ended up with Cael?

In other (not surprising) news, Ben Askren picked Ohio State to beat us in a dual this year. Every uncertainty goes their way, no bonus, etc.

He’s all over the board re: Penn State. Admires Cael and the coaching style - and his style is closely aligned with what Cael wants out of his guys - but there’s always some sort of biased undercurrent going on. Maybe no surprise none of his AwA guys have ended up with Cael?
We need an eye-roll reaction emoji. Maybe Ben doesn't want anyone else taking credit for his kids successes? Maybe not.

Isnt that Van Ness in pic w Kerk?
Yep

Reactions: RandyL

Will lose casual duals and answer questions all day to casual wrestling fans about Penn State is down and then follow back up after Big Tens to then shatter scoring records at Nationals all day.

Does Askren believe everything he says?

1*-q1204K3HK1MXcG0EIm5sQ.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: creamery freak

Bennie uses PSU wrestling as his click bait. You know Bennie knows wrestling, but he babbles a lot of bullshit simply looking for reactions. If ever he babbles some BS that actually happens he can proudly say, "yeah I was wrong the first 99 times, but I got that one! Look how smart I am."

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Fairly stout list from Themat but really not one PA kid in any of those years? Hunter and Guilbon both 4-time state champs in those years plus 3-timers like Darling or Oliver getting no love
It's a good reminder that the best HS wrestler in the country can come from anywhere, even if one state produces more total top-level talent.

I don't remember Chamberlain's HS career (except he dominated Peppelman at Dapper Dan), but Oliver would've been a good choice. Also: flagged for not picking Quentin Wright in the same year.

Gulibon got pinned by Heil his SR year. Darling was very good in HS but not national wrestler of the year caliber, and lost his Dapper Dan match.

IMO the one PA guy in that stretch (other than Q) who perhaps could've won was Coleman Scott in 2004. Maybe Nico in 2011, except Morgan was much better in freestyle than Nico, on top of his folk success.

Reactions: hlstone
I count 18

That's a quick 36 points in freestyle. o_O

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Just drove to Lincoln. Nothing there. Didn’t see any banners.
Stayed in Champaign last night on my way home. Lots of NCAA trophies but looks like 4 of them are there and they are individuals. Who knows. Drove through Columbus and no one was there. Just a sign on the door that read At the Bahamas, see you in the Fall. I was disappointed. I was going to leave 1 star review, but decided on a 5 star with no substance review.

Last edited:
@El-Jefe - In the match footage that reveals new gems every time you watch it, I think I spotted our boy CJ Magrum in the crowd looking pained as Bo turned the tables on Martin. I think he’s in the black sweater behind the poor Ohio State fan in red shirt and grey hoodie with one hand on his head. You see him at about 5:40 standing. Then he peaks right over the guy’s shoulder and puts both hands on his head. Looks just like him - meathead wearing glasses Sly Stallone style to make himself look intelligent.

@El-Jefe - In the match footage that reveals new gems every time you watch it, I think I spotted our boy CJ Magrum in the crowd looking pained as Bo turned the tables on Martin. I think he’s in the black sweater behind the poor Ohio State fan in red shirt and grey hoodie with one hand on his head. You see him at about 5:40 standing. Then he peaks right over the guy’s shoulder and puts both hands on his head. Looks just like him - meathead wearing glasses Sly Stallone style to make himself look intelligent.

Love the footage, when Bo screws up it never deters him from his mission. Incredible.

Reactions: creamery freak

He's got the chin!

Love the footage, when Bo screws up it never deters him from his mission. Incredible.
I did a deep dive on YouTube of Bo’s matches with Martin and found a probable family member of Martin (Rossie Martin) laying out a litany of trash talk and excuses:

* Bo was never in the first title match (note it was 4-3 Bo in the second when he got thrown)
* Bo got lucky in 2nd title match
* Even though Bo had a slight edge in their series, it was because Myles had a late start in the sport - Myles would show he was better when they got into freestyle (seems like the whole family employs the “Myles is always improving” excuse for predicting future wins and excusing losses

ADVERTISEMENT