ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Don't sell him short!

(I have a t-shirt from this place -- it's in Austin. "If Mom calls, I'm at The Library.")

2432553447_f2c62b0efb_b.jpg
Did semester abroad in Spain. Tuesday night happy hour at La Biblioteca (Spanish for library) consisted of calling a coin flip when you get your drink. Call it right, drink is free. Call it wrong, you just pay for your drink.

Sammy Alvarez, who can't make 141 at Rutgers, transfers to Okie State, where Carter Young is the starter, and is 6-7 on the year.

Please, John Smith, just let Alvarez go 149 and wrestle Voinovich for the spot.

Reactions: Sullivan
Sammy Alvarez, who can't make 141 at Rutgers, transfers to Okie State, where Carter Young is the starter, and is 6-7 on the year.

Please, John Smith, just let Alvarez go 149 and wrestle Voinovich for the spot.
I must say, after their two bouts his freshman year, I was really hoping we’d see more matchups between Sammy and Roman. That obviously isn’t ever going to happen again, which is a pity. Those matches were insane, if a bit frustrating.

Reactions: danoftw
Recruiter Lar and Tom updating the Binder . . .

looney-tunes-daffy.gif

writing-notes.gif

And, of course, Terry . . .

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Recruiter Bob and Tom updating the Binder . . .

looney-tunes-daffy.gif

writing-notes.gif

And, of course, Terry . . .

giphy.gif
That's really the issue, isn't? To coach with emotional intelligence requires possession of it. I'd love for Tom and Terry to go on that journey--it'd be inspirational for so many. But I'm not gonna bet on it happening. Tom at least has wisdom and perspective to help his athletes--but it's always with the chip on the shoulder, and the war metaphors. . . .

Reactions: slushhead
That's really the issue, isn't? To coach with emotional intelligence requires possession of it. I'd love for Tom and Terry to go on that journey--it'd be inspirational for so many. But I'm not gonna bet on it happening. Tom at least has wisdom and perspective to help his athletes--but it's always with the chip on the shoulder, and the war metaphors. . . .
Ha, now I’m realizing I stretched myself too thin this morning and botched the intended joke while multitasking. Recruiter Lar, not Recruiter Bob. Eviction Bob manages the building, not the binder. Duh!

Editing now to fix. 😳

Reactions: danoftw

I knew Iowa fans in their L was going to try to pull the class card lol the minute I heard Spencer booed.

We're apparently supposed to give a standing ovation (or not boo) someone about to go kick our guy's ass to kick off a dual. What has he even done to warrant one at PSU? Is he an Olympic Gold Medalist who is about to retire and wrestled last in a dual where he was one of two winners?

No? He's just an extremely good wrestler I see. What defines the standing O then?

1. Hodge Winner? So was DT going into 2014.
2. He's a nice guy also? So is Zain.

And I don't even need to bring up some of the incidents in Carver just from the last year? Lol.

I knew Iowa fans in their L was going to try to pull the class card lol the minute I heard Spencer booed.

We're apparently supposed to give a standing ovation (or not boo) someone about to go kick our guy's ass to kick off a dual. What has he even done to warrant one at PSU? Is he an Olympic Gold Medalist who is about to retire and wrestled last in a dual where he was one of two winners?

No? He's just an extremely good wrestler I see. What defines the standing O then?

1. Hodge Winner? So was DT going into 2014.
2. He's a nice guy also? So is Zain.

And I don't even need to bring up some of the incidents in Carver just from the last year? Lol.
No way he should have received a standing ovation based on what you said. . However, when your fans preach how virtuous your program is, it can lead to some calling you out.

Reactions: moug
No way he should have received a standing ovation based on what you said. . However, when your fans preach how virtuous your program is, it can lead to some calling you out.
It's just a replay of the "PA fans booed Saint Spencer in Hershey" trope. Lame then and lame now.

Just a guess, nobody boos Lee if he attended Michigan State or Stanford.

Go for it, it looks hypocritical bottom line with some other stuff I said I won't mention. Booing someone about to go on the mat isn't that bad. Could do without it obviously.

Fan is short for fanatic, they don't tend to act classy with opponent players/wrestlers bottom line.

ADVERTISEMENT