ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin at Indiana MBB

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Painful to watch. PSU's next game is at Wisconsin but their leading scorer Wahl will probably be back from an ankle injury.

This seems like a winnable game for PSU and they'll need every one they can get to make the dance.

From what I've seen Rutgers, Northwestern, and Nebraska are better that Wisconsin without Wahl.

Painful to watch. PSU's next game is at Wisconsin but their leading scorer Wahl will probably be back from an ankle injury.

This seems like a winnable game for PSU and they'll need every one they can get to make the dance.

From what I've seen Rutgers, Northwestern, and Nebraska are better that Wisconsin without Wahl.

Agreed

Wisky traditionally has size and packs it in defensively, so obviously PSU will be firing 3's all day. Can they make enough? Possibly...but they will need balanced scoring to have a shot to win...and not too many empty box scores from guys which has happened in numerous losses.

Wisky traditionally has size and packs it in defensively, so obviously PSU will be firing 3's all day. Can they make enough? Possibly...but they will need balanced scoring to have a shot to win...and not too many empty box scores from guys which has happened in numerous losses.
They don’t have quite as much size this year, especially without Wahl. They’ve been starting three guys 6’4” or smaller, so it’ll be a good night for Pickett to do his thing in the post.

They mirror us in many ways on offense…don’t turn it over, don’t get many offensive rebounds, more dangerous from outside than inside, and don’t get to the line.

They don’t have quite as much size this year, especially without Wahl. They’ve been starting three guys 6’4” or smaller, so it’ll be a good night for Pickett to do his thing in the post.

They mirror us in many ways on offense…don’t turn it over, don’t get many offensive rebounds, more dangerous from outside than inside, and don’t get to the line.
Ah, good to know...I was just assuming they had trees inside as they usually do...thx for the info. PSU probably won't 'outsize' anyone so at least if they can 'nearly' match up in size, we'll take it!

Ah, good to know...I was just assuming they had trees inside as they usually do...thx for the info. PSU probably won't 'outsize' anyone so at least if they can 'nearly' match up in size, we'll take it!
They do have a 7 footer, but he shoots about a third of his shots from 3 and gets to the line less than Lundy. We’re better than them without Wahl, but he could be back, and it’s on the road…they should be favored by about 2.5 with him I’d guess.

Wisky shot about 30% vs IU and 21% from 3. Guaranteed they will shoot and play much, much better versus us. Would be huge to get a win there but will be very difficult.

Reactions: bison13
agree, if there was a time to get Wisconsin at their place, it’s probably as good as any right now.

Wisky shot about 30% vs IU and 21% from 3. Guaranteed they will shoot and play much, much better versus us. Would be huge to get a win there but will be very difficult.
I fully expect them to play like their 2015 Final Four team against PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT