ADVERTISEMENT

Woke LA DA let's Chappelle's attacker off easy.....

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
More normalization of violence....... MORE LEFTWING VIOLENCE.....

And here "white nationalists" were the greatest threat to America.... Not.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/12/las-treatment-of-dave-chappelles-attacker-incentivizes-crime/

Another reason for Gascón’s lenience? His office said there was no evidence Lee had prior animus toward Chappelle. Really?

Lee has a rap video showing him standing on the hood of a police car — reminiscent of the Black Lives Matter riots — in a track titled “Chapell.” Yet Gascón says a review of the lyrics found nothing threatening. I’m surprised he also didn’t deny any connection because Lee didn’t spell Chappelle’s name correctly.

Rolling Stone unearthed the most plausible motive: Lee’s brother Aaron says Isaiah has mental-health issues, was homeless and within LA’s homeless shelters developed many friendships and a concern for the trans community — a community desperately trying to cancel Chappelle. “Yeah, it could have definitely been a factor,” Aaron said.

Comedy and free speech die on legal calls like these. Gascón’s decision is a dog whistle for present-day John Hinckleys to commit violence and fans our species’ natural thirst for vigilante justice. “Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time” is losing its meaning.

Indeed, Gascón is providing legal incentive to commit crimes. Incentives matter a lot. It’s common sense 101: If you want less of something, you tax it. If you don’t tax it, expect more of it. As comedian Howie Mandel said: “You saw what happened at the Academy Awards, and I thought that just triggers — violence triggers violence. And I think this is the beginning of the end for comedy.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News