ADVERTISEMENT

Wolve1972 B1G Preview-Predictions

rrdd2021

Jan 10, 2022
Found this on another board. Don't know if this guy is serious or not. From someone named Wolve1972. He has to be joking............maybe not. Thought it was comical

"This is actually an easy year for predictions. First, and I won't spend too much time here, the West. I'm going with Nebraska. On paper, they have the most talented team in that division (Wisconsin a close 2nd). But realistically, who cares as the East winner will stomp the West AGAIN in the B1G championship

Now on to the big boys - the East. This is probably the easiest pick in years - Jim and MICHIGAN as the runaway winners. Anybody that follows recruiting closely will agree as Jim's roster depth is the deepest since our 1997 NC. It's just incredible when you look at the waves of former HS superstars we can throw at ANYONE in CF. I can't remember the last time any CF roster had 2 excellent QBs to choose from like JJ McCarthy and Cade McNamara. Either would start for any other Cf program in 2022. And who will they be throwing to you ask ? Simply the best group of WRs in the country - Just ask former Heisman winner Desmond Howard. He should know a ton about college WRs

Desmond Howard credits Michigan for 'most talented receiving room' in college football (247sports.com)

So, Michigan lost three defensive superstars - Hutchinson, Ojabo, and Hill - early in the draft. You haven't seen anything yet. Jim can go 3 and 4 deep at almost every defensive position. Wait till you see how bad they shut down the Suckeyes this year - last year was nothing.

The closest game in 2022 will be with PSU. Sorry guys, I gotta go with the Big Blue machine - UM 28, PSU 21. On to the playoffs

Saban won't know what hit him.......UM 31, Alabama 17. The Wolverines return to the top of the CF world where they belong. Disagree ? They are the winningest program of all-time - a fact"

Last edited:
Anything wolfe1972 says has to be taken with a grain of salt. Almost like a satire site. The ultimate delusional fan boy.

He’s actually an OHIO State fan. He has this little troll thing he does with that sign on name. It’s totally for entertainment
Actually, several fans from the other PSU site think he's a PSU fan - one of their own - poking at Harbaugh and Michigan and consider him entertaining - all in fun. Sounds like he posted regularly on this site a few years ago

Reactions: Westcoast24
Found this on another board. Don't know if this guy is serious or not. From someone named Wolve1972. He has to be joking............maybe not. Thought it was comical

"This is actually an easy year for predictions. First, and I won't spend too much time here, the West. I'm going with Nebraska. On paper, they have the most talented team in that division (Wisconsin a close 2nd). But realistically, who cares as the East winner will stomp the West AGAIN in the B1G championship

Now on to the big boys - the East. This is probably the easiest pick in years - Jim and MICHIGAN as the runaway winners. Anybody that follows recruiting closely will agree as Jim's roster depth is the deepest since our 1997 NC. It's just incredible when you look at the waves of former HS superstars we can throw at ANYONE in CF. I can't remember the last time any CF roster had 2 excellent QBs to choose from like JJ McCarthy and Cade McNamara. Either would start for any other Cf program in 2022. And who will they be throwing to you ask ? Simply the best group of WRs in the country - Just ask former Heisman winner Desmond Howard. He should know a ton about college WRs

Desmond Howard credits Michigan for 'most talented receiving room' in college football (247sports.com)

So, Michigan lost three defensive superstars - Hutchinson, Ojabo, and Hill - early in the draft. You haven't seen anything yet. Jim can go 3 and 4 deep at almost every defensive position. Wait till you see how bad they shut down the Suckeyes this year - last year was nothing.

The closest game in 2022 will be with PSU. Sorry guys, I gotta go with the Big Blue machine - UM 28, PSU 21. On to the playoffs

Saban won't know what hit him.......UM 31, Alabama 17. The Wolverines return to the top of the CF world where they belong. Disagree ? They are the winningest program of all-time - a fact"
i thought you said you are on quite a few message boards. If you would see hes always doing this just to rile up people. he is NOt a UM fan. OSU first and he does like PSU a bit

Reactions: Delco Lion

Rutgers Al as a ghost writer.

i thought you said you are on quite a few message boards. If you would see hes always doing this just to rile up people. he is NOt a UM fan. OSU first and he does like PSU a bit
I've seen him on the Nebraska and Iowa Rivals boards but he's never went over the top like this one.

Bucknut1972? What a character.

Wolve1972 or whatever is a legendary troll. It’s good reading when he throws something out because im never quite sure where his true allegiance is.

Wolve1972 or whatever is a legendary troll. It’s good reading when he throws something out because im never quite sure where his true allegiance is.
Yeah, he doesn't seem to play favorites. He was on the Nebraska board a few weeks ago and really fired them up - he posted something positive about Iowa. I've seen him rip both OSU and Michigan a new one on different boards.

He'll make a crazy statement and then leave and watch everybody go berserk. He never attacks anyone directly or gets belligerent. Once you catch on to his act, it's comical and fun reading

I thought tOSU looked great this weekend against a very high-quality opponent. They reminded me of the old hey day steelers in that the team simply down-shifted to a stronger gear in the forth quarter to put the game away. It is like they just powered the game away.

I didn't watch Michigan but it was against a much lower-quality opponent.

I don't get his fear of PSU. Penn Sts Achilles Heel will be stopping the run given our lack of experience at LP and depth on the DL. I don't see how we stop their or tOSU's run game this year.

I thought tOSU looked great this weekend against a very high-quality opponent. They reminded me of the old hey day steelers in that the team simply down-shifted to a stronger gear in the forth quarter to put the game away. It is like they just powered the game away.

I didn't watch Michigan but it was against a much lower-quality opponent.

I don't get his fear of PSU. Penn Sts Achilles Heel will be stopping the run given our lack of experience at LP and depth on the DL. I don't see how we stop their or tOSU's run game this year.
Ohio State is very good, however, I think ND is a bit over rated.

Michigan is a good team, but overall I believe our talent level is similar. IMO, the Auburn game is huge in terms of this teams development and readiness going into Michigan.

We have three games to get our linebackers up to speed. Barring injury. Number 11 needs to play more.

Michigan is a good team, but overall I believe our talent level is similar. IMO, the Auburn game is huge in terms of this teams development and readiness going into Michigan.

We have three games to get our linebackers up to speed. Barring injury. Number 11 needs to play more.
Interestingly, Auburn hasn't played yet. They plan San Jose State, @ Auburn, Saturday at 7:00.

• we'll have two games under our belt to their one
  • they have a quality opponent in SJS the week before while we have Ohio U. (O U? Oh yeah!)
The other interesting thing about Auburn is that they have four home games in a row to start their year (SJS, PSU, Missouri, LSU).

Interestingly, Auburn hasn't played yet. They plan San Jose State, @ Auburn, Saturday at 7:00.

• they have a quality opponent in SJS the week before while we have Ohio U. (O U? Oh yeah!)
The other interesting thing about Auburn is that they have four home games in a row to start their year (SJS, PSU, Missouri, LSU).
Auburn played this past weekend. I don't know where you are getting your information but it might not be quite accurate.

I think they played and beat Mercer Saturday. Ran the ball 70% of the time. It will be a real good test for our run defense. They have issues, but they have a strong OLine and two above average backs.

Auburn played this past weekend. I don't know where you are getting your information but it might not be quite accurate.
Sorry, it was cut off by Google until I clicked on the link. They won 42 - 16. They were up 42 -9 going into the 4th Qtr. So Auburns first five games are at home! 285 yards rushing and 212 yards passing . tank had 147 yards rushing on only 16 carries. the second team QB, Ashford, had a 11.3 YPC average on 6 carries as well as 100 yards passing. Looks to me like Mercer was simply completely overwhelmed.

Sorry, it was cut off by Google until I clicked on the link. They won 42 - 16. They were up 42 -9 going into the 4th Qtr. So Auburns first five games are at home! 285 yards rushing and 212 yards passing . tank had 147 yards rushing on only 16 carries. the second team QB, Ashford, had a 11.3 YPC average on 6 carries as well as 100 yards passing. Looks to me like Mercer was simply completely overwhelmed.
Yea, we will find out id we can play run defense in that game.

Agree with all of your points. It's hard to base a team's strengths and weaknesses after just one game. I do agree with Obliviav's assessments though, that OSU looked totally different than the past couple of versions as ND was dropping everyone (safeties) - refusing to get beat deep and once OSU saw that, they just started pounding it on the ground- especially in the late 3rd and 4th quarters. That defense looked solid for a change.

As for Michigan, I'm in a wait and see mode as it's hard to take anything away from their domination of Colorado State. And I totally agree that on paper, PSU has equal talent to Michigan and the newly released 247 Composite Roster talent says the same thing. I'm going to be tuned into the PSU-Auburn game - that should be a solid test for PSU. The Lions can compete and beat anyone in the conference including OSU although the odds will be against them in that game but it's at PSU

I do have a question though. If you look at the attached Composite rating, why does it show PSU with only 78 scholarship players? Others have 83 to 85 players on scholarship

ADVERTISEMENT