ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Moments of 2023-2024

AgSurfer

Aug 9, 2013
This thread mirrors the one by McPat.

I can only think of one worst moment and I'm betting everyone will agree it was probably #1 on the list

Carter getting his knee injured at the end of his match against Edinboro. 😖

Kerkvliet giving up a stalling point w/ 13 sec. left in his 8-1 semi-finals victory against Schultz. Winning the team title by a measly 100 points instead of 101 really stings! I'm sure that extra team point would have won over all those detractors who say Penn State only broke the record because of the scoring changes over the years.

Not counting injuries but:

5. Barraclough/Griffith, I am aware Terrell was much smaller but he absolutely had that win (and I think TB is too good of a wrestler to want morale victories anyways) and it would be an insane feather on his cap right now.
4. Bernie getting Rogotzke'd
3. Nagao was in a funk all year and I hope he gets some of his magic back in 2025
2. Mesenbrink seemingly being unaware of RT at the end of his finals match
1. Bartlett inches from getting the 3 on Mendez before Mendez turned it to his own

Not counting injuries but:

5. Barraclough/Griffith, I am aware Terrell was much smaller but he absolutely had that win (and I think TB is too good of a wrestler to want morale victories anyways) and it would be an insane feather on his cap right now.
4. Bernie getting Rogotzke'd
3. Nagao was in a funk all year and I hope he gets some of his magic back in 2025
2. Mesenbrink seemingly being unaware of RT at the end of his finals match
1. Bartlett inches from getting the 3 on Mendez before Mendez turned it to his own
In August or September Nagao left practice via ambulance with what initially was thought to be a pretty serious elbow injury. I wonder if that had much to do with that lost magic.

It has to be Davis' childish behavior against Figueroa. Instead of getting out and tying the match he was trying to win by getting him hit for locked hands/stalling and then he cried about it when he lost.

It has to be Davis' childish behavior against Figueroa. Instead of getting out and tying the match he was trying to win by getting him hit for locked hands/stalling and then he cried about it when he lost.
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Gabe not wrestling on 2/9
Winner

ajpRWL1_d.jpg

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
One of my favorites! I have that hanging on the wall in my office.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT