ADVERTISEMENT

Wow...Miami just fired Josh Gattis

Before we hired a WR coach forums were full of Miami fans hoping we'd hire Gattis for that position. Tells you how they felt about it, they are probably happy with this news.

Before we hired a WR coach forums were full of Miami fans hoping we'd hire Gattis for that position. Tells you how they felt about it, they are probably happy with this news.
Both Michigan and Bama fans were happy to see him go as well. He was a poor coordinator and a worse position coach. Of the three tasks position coaches are historically required to perform, he was bad at two of them; identifying prospects and developing talent. Good at one; signing recruits. You need to be really good at two and he wasn't. As a coordinator, he merely attempted to copy what Joe Moorhead installed at State and didn't do a particularly good job of it given the talent he had to work with.

Both Michigan and Bama fans were happy to see him go as well. He was a poor coordinator and a worse position coach. Of the three tasks position coaches are historically required to perform, he was bad at two of them; identifying prospects and developing talent. Good at one; signing recruits. You need to be really good at two and he wasn't. As a coordinator, he merely attempted to copy what Joe Moorhead installed at State and didn't do a particularly good job of it given the talent he had to work with.
While they got smoked by Georgia, his offense was good enough to get the other UM to a CFP berth and beat Ohio State, so possibly a little bit of a harsh critique.

This may placate them for a while, but I'm not all that impressed with Cristobal. Manny Diaz is probably finding what's happened there fitting. Karma.

He lived in my buddies neighborhood. He earned a bad reputation for being a slime ball.
What’s your buddys first name? Josh and his family lived down the street from us where they rented one side of a dup. His ex still comes back to visit their former neighbors. I’m calling BS.

• Wow
Reactions: PSUfiji and GSPMax
what the heck happened?

The guy has single handedly destroyed his own career. He left PSU ostensibly because CJF promoted Rahne. He left Bama after a short time and pissed off Saban ...to follow his once buddy Locks, then stiffed him to jump to Michigan.....where he left POed at Harbaugh and tweeted some $$hit as he went out the door. Time to realize that he wasn't worth all the tears and recriminations cast at CJF when he exited State College.

So looking at some Miami quotes, he was "let go" over a month ago. They just didn't announce it, giving him time to find another job. I guess the clock ran out. He won't have a problem finding work as a WR coach. If his ego permits a step back. Some thought that he will latch on to something at Iowa, because of his working relationship with Cade McNamara.

The guy has single handedly destroyed his own career. He left PSU ostensibly because CJF promoted Rahne. He left Bama after a short time and pissed off Saban ...to follow his once buddy Locks, then stiffed him to jump to Michigan.....where he left POed at Harbaugh and tweeted some $$hit as he went out the door. Time to realize that he wasn't worth all the tears and recriminations cast at CJF when he exited State College.
Article discusses his UM exit and the tweet. Not sure what all means? He reminds me of guys I came across, and there were many, who were well educated, had resumes full of accomplishments, rose up quickly, but failed when they had to do a turnaround. Frequently saw this in private equity.

When he had to do a rebuild and turnaround on his own, without the benefit of all that PSU,AL, and UM, bring, he didn’t have the chops to pull it off. Things must have been pretty bad for him to let go so quickly.

Article discusses his UM exit and the tweet. Not sure what all means? He reminds me of guys I came across, and there were many, who were well educated, had resumes full of accomplishments, rose up quickly, but failed when they had to do a turnaround. Frequently saw this in private equity.

When he had to do a rebuild and turnaround on his own, without the benefit of all that PSU,AL, and UM, bring, he didn’t have the chops to pull it off. Things must have been pretty bad for him to let go so quickly.

LOL. Don’t forget great PPT presentations with all of the most recent buzz words!

SIAP....but looks like Maryland is set to bring Gattis on board as the Co-OC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT