ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling: Penn State vs. Iowa Match Thread

slushhead

Mar 10, 2014
Under 90 mins to go, let’s get the chatter going . . .

• Television coverage on BTN @ 8:30 PM
Eastern
• Radio coverage via LionVision
I’m a few beers in already
• johnstown picked Lar up at the airport and got him to SC safely (and with a whole new perspective on the value of NLWC to Olympic hopefuls)
• Pregaming w/ Wino is a smashing success

The table is set. Let’s put the kiddies to bed and go looking for dinner.

Someone posted on Intermat that Warner wasn’t going tonight. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Someone posted on Intermat that Warner wasn’t going tonight. I’ll believe it when I see it.

So Iowa will be down
Woods - who is suspended because his cousin refereed his match last week which somehow causes him to miss this match (rather than a DQ or No Contest from last week)
Assad - HR rumor
Warner - InterMat rumor

So Iowa will be down
Woods - who is suspended because his cousin refereed his match last week which somehow causes him to miss this match (rather than a DQ or No Contest from last week)
Assad - HR rumor
Warner - InterMat rumor

Not to mention that Starocci is going to major Brands according to Wrestlestat. ;)

Reactions: danoftw
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

I'd also hope for both teams to be at full strength, but in relation to the team score, Assad and Warner being out might not make too much difference, possibly two extra team points for PSU? Sure, Warner could have beaten Dean, but at PSU, maybe not terribly likely. Still a chance though for sure. Assad wasn't beating Brooks and might not have avoided a major. Trying not to see things too much with blue-colored shades, but there are several Iowa wrestlers whose absence might mean more.

I'd also hope for both teams to be at full strength, but in relation to the team score, Assad and Warner being out might not make too much difference, possibly two extra team points for PSU? Sure, Warner could have beaten Dean, but at PSU, maybe not terribly likely. Still a chance though for sure. Assad wasn't beating Brooks and might not have avoided a major. Trying not to see things too much with blue-colored shades, but there are several Iowa wrestlers whose absence might mean more.
Warner and Assad being out is pretty significantly since Warner has a shot to beat Dean and Abe in the very least has never given up bonus to Aaron.

I have no idea since I am not near a TV and there is no radio coverage.

Pathetic.

Warner and Assad being out is pretty significantly since Warner has a shot to beat Dean and Abe in the very least has never given up bonus to Aaron.

We'll see. I would have picked Brooks by decision and close to a major and would have taken Dean by decision, so if Brooks and Dean go out and tech or pin their opponents, sure, big swing. Like I said, Dean COULD lose to Warner tonight, but I think it was somewhat unlikely.

In no small part because Aaron wrestled a pretty poorly managed match. His NCAA final was the high point, and I mean a masterpiece. The Assad match, from a tactical standpoint, was a low ebb.

Reactions: eddy line
Telling me “This video is not available on your platform.”

I’m using Safari via my iPhone. This happened at the beginning of another dual earlier this season but cleared up after I hit refresh a few times. Not working for yet this time, though.
Same on my end.

ADVERTISEMENT