ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Wrestling Session 4 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

Excellent effort by Kerkvliet. Steveson is unreal.
Thought he had Gable a couple times. But to Stevesons credit, he's a freak athlete in every way. Just too much speed, agility, power. In my semi uninformed opinion, this version of Gable is the absolute perfect wrestler.

You can tell he wrestles Kerk a little different. Which is a credit to Kerk.

Watching the Gable interview. He's another who has gone from a cocky ass to a great young man. Wrestling will be less without him.

As much flak as Schultz and Wood may get for being old school heavies, they’re both world class Greco guys and exceptionally strong as evidenced by that late flurry. Both of them are full sized heavies too which makes Wood’s double leg lift and Schultz’s counter all the more impressive

Thought he had Gable a couple times. But to Stevesons credit, he's a freak athlete in every way. Just too much speed, agility, power. In my semi uninformed opinion, this version of Gable is the absolute perfect wrestler.

Watching the Gable interview. He's another who has gone from a cocky ass to a great young man. Wrestling will be less without him.
Agree

Chances of locking it up in the morning? Basically if we're 12 points ahead of Michigan at the end of the morning, we lock a share (barring spikes) but obviously, it's more like if we're up by 8.5 since it's hard envisioning Suriano/Amine bonusing their counterpart and us going 0-5.

Reactions: yekrut321
So….can someone do rough math? What’s tomorrow look like? How many do we need to win the finals? Or how many wolverines need to lose to lock up the title?

Also, maybe he hasn't forgotten that Kerk's coach was Cassar's coach, too.

We're up by 23.5. If Michigan's 4 guys all get 3rd tomorrow without bonus, they get 18 (and that's assuming Kerk loses out lol) Then assuming a Suriano decision win, if we counter with a Lee decision win (only guy who is a noticeable favorite over his counterpart in the finals), then Myles needs to pin Aaron Brooks to get the team title win. I'm pretty sure Kerk has Parris and if he wins, that more or less ends Michigan.

So, we're sitting pretty good overall.

Kerk needs to get a lite bigger, without losing any quickness just like gable did after Cassar beat him. Even if he can do that I still don't think he'll be better than gable. Gable is a unicorn.

I may get hammered for this but I think he and Kerk are friends and he did what he had to do and not much more.

explosion.gif

Penn State with 5 finalists. Where have I seen this before?

Like I said after B1Gs - PSU would replicate their 5 B1G Finalists at Nationals and scUM wouldn't. Predicted PSU would have 5 Finalists and 6 or 7 AAs.... and since nobody else could match this top-end firepower, that PSU would win easily while Gunsie was busy telling us how much trouble we were in because we had too many holes in our lineup... blah, blah, blah.......

We're up by 23.5. If Michigan's 4 guys all get 3rd tomorrow without bonus, they get 18 (and that's assuming Kerk loses out lol) Then assuming a Suriano decision win, if we counter with a Lee decision win (only guy who is a noticeable favorite over his counterpart in the finals), then Myles needs to pin Aaron Brooks to get the team title win. I'm pretty sure Kerk has Parris and if he wins, that more or less ends Michigan.

So, we're sitting pretty good overall.
Michigan is looking at 4th and 10 and a full court press.
In all seriousness barring a monumental collapse this thing is over. It’s got to be like a 1/1000 likelihood Michigan catches the good guys.

Tomorrow morning:

Lewan vs Carr
Amine vs Hamiti
Massa vs Kemerer
Parris vs Kerk

Yeah I feel pretty good about those anti Michigan matchups (except maybe Kemerer but damn, he's battling)

Lewan vs Carr - advantage Carr
Amine vs Hamiti - push slight edge Hamiti
Massa vs Kemerer - push
Parris vs Kerkvliet - advantage Kerk

That coukd be a lot of 5/6 matches.

I am thinking if things break correctly...

R.6d7dbac22932ea28acbd0a8710d2fbb1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT