ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Wrestling Session 4 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

Penn State with 5 finalists. Where have I seen this before?
The Beatles .. . plus one (the photo got cropped)
beatles.0.jpg

It’s 108 to 84.5 right now.

Assume Lewan, Amine, Massa and Parris ALL take 3rd. (They’ll need to beat the likes of Carr, Hamiti, Kemerer, Kerkvliet, etc.) but let’s say they do.

And Kerk doesn’t win again.

But no bonus.

Then it’s 108 PSU to 102.5 to start the finals.

Suriano wins by decision. Now it’s 108 - 106.5.

If PSU wins any final (and Brooks vs Amine is one of them), then Penn State wins the team championship.

Someone check me. I was too drunk three hours ago to see ADS pelican kick RBY.

It’s 108 to 84.5 right now.

Assume Lewan, Amine, Massa and Parris ALL take 3rd. (They’ll need to beat the likes of Carr, Hamiti, Kemerer, Kerkvliet, etc.) but let’s say they do.

And Kerk doesn’t win again.

But no bonus.

Then it’s 108 PSU to 102.5 to start the finals.

Suriano wins by decision. Now it’s 108 - 106.5.

If PSU wins any final (and Brooks vs Amine is one of them), then Penn State wins the team championship.

Someone check me. I was too drunk three hours ago to see ADS pelican kick RBY.
Enjoy the night. Hammer a few more down. Enjoy the night. Figure it out in the AM. Or the Crack of Noon. Whichever.

Reactions: mcpat
We're up by 23.5. If Michigan's 4 guys all get 3rd tomorrow without bonus, they get 18 (and that's assuming Kerk loses out lol) Then assuming a Suriano decision win, if we counter with a Lee decision win (only guy who is a noticeable favorite over his counterpart in the finals), then Myles needs to pin Aaron Brooks to get the team title win. I'm pretty sure Kerk has Parris and if he wins, that more or less ends Michigan.

So, we're sitting pretty good overall.
Lewan gets Carr in the consolation semis. Carr hasn't looked great, but has managed to win four straight in the backside bracket. Teemer and Robb are on the other side.

Amine gets Hamiti. Wick and Marinelli are on the other side.

Massa gets Kemerer, who despite the injured wing has won two straight in the consolations. Hidlay and Plott are on the other side.

Parris gets Kerk. The winner of that match may be the favorite for 3rd place. Wood and Davison are on the other side.

That's a tough road for Lewan and Amine, though these two usually wrestle close matches. Massa may have a slightly easier path, given Kemerer's injury. The toughest match for Parris is probably Kerk.

I think the Math says we win one final, then we win team trophy.

See my earlier post on the matter.

And we might not even need to do that depending on non-finals matches.

Reactions: ccdiver
I said this earlier in year and caught all kinds of hell for it but I can’t help myself…saying it again..Carter is the best wrestler on the team. I just believe that..
Who gave you hell. Carter Starocci is freaking brutal and he is the best wrestler on the team. Carter wins any weight, except MAYBE Hwt.

cant wait to hear those 2 iowa clowns tell us how they should have won but got screwed by the refs everyone stalled against them etc etc etc it willl be funny as hell!

ADVERTISEMENT