ADVERTISEMENT

Yeah, her banner cartoon pisses me off too

Maybe I'm not aware of the background here, but I don't see the problem. Can someone enlighten me?

I don't like it. She would be well advised to change it.

The Post Gazette's coverage of the Penn State story has been awful. Their editorial board has written a couple of unsigned editorials that were unfairly critical of Joe Paterno. It's seemed like they may have thought the Freeh Report was factual. When are they going to print the rebuttal?

Reactions: simons96
Sure. He's referring to her being a parasite.
Still don't get it.
confused-smiley-013.gif

Still don't get it.
confused-smiley-013.gif

The banner picture on her Twitter account looks like an artist's rendition of Joe being hounded by the media in November 2011. If she were a Penn State fan or respected Joe, she could have chosen a better image of him.

Reactions: simons96
Okay, thanks but I don't remember of the media having access to Joe post firing therefore I doubt that that is the intent of the rendering. I think we are making far too much of this.

Reactions: Westcoast24
I didn't detect any of that in her stories.

Is that supposed to be her in the background over Joe's right shoulder. If so, she won't get to ask many questions from there. I guess she is just holding a recorder. If I were a reported I think I would prefer to be in front of the person being questioned.

Nope, very positive in her stories.

Agree. I can see what the OP was upset about......but I really don't think that was AS's intent at all.

Everytime I've run into her....and she is around a LOT of PSU events....she always has impressed me as a good person - all the way around.

Her articles have been solid, and she wasn't even with the Pittsburgh Post Gazette back then.

artist's rendition of Joe being hounded by the media

Why would this depict 2011 as opposed to any other time where Joe was surrounded by media? There is a lot wrong with the media, and I know nothing about this specific writer, but sometimes this rush to incite lynch mobs against the media is over the top.

No but I wouldn't think that a decent person would be proud of hounding a dying man. Four years later, this is how she chooses to represent herself. Her finest moment covering PSU football.

Yeah. None of these people who think it is not big deal are going to back off that now....because it is 2015 and we cannot be admitting we are wrong, etc.

LOL.

This is why we cannot have nice things around here. Some folks are just so GD (and willfully) thick that you cannot even begin to explain basic things to them. For krisesake, been watching this kind of shit since Reagan "hit the ground running."

For godsake, NOBODY was supporting Penn State or Paterno. We all KNOW that. Why should anybody seeking to claim otherwise be given ANY credibility?

Of all the pictures you could use as your profile as a Penn St. beat writer you choose to post that one. That's what we are upset about. Might as well have Emmert giving his sanctimonious speech about PSU Culture. It shows she doesn't get it or is careless. When the media uniformly followed the narrative set out by the BOT, then by the NCAA based on the Freeh report (paid for by said BOT) they lost their "due process" forever in my opinion.

No but I wouldn't think that a decent person would be proud of hounding a dying man. Four years later, this is how she chooses to represent herself. Her finest moment covering PSU football.

Just ignore the tramp.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT