ADVERTISEMENT

You gotta love Faux News.

LafayetteBear

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2009
It's not just their rapacious and unethical ownership and management. It's also their remarkably unintelligent on air "talent." Greg Gutfield just managed to do a faceplant into a big but eminently avoidable pile of doo doo. I just have to laugh. What a moron. Here's the link to one of many news reports on this latest Gutfield fiasco.

For those conservatives who are inclined enough toward the ostrich approach that they don't want to click on the above link and read to see what this is all about, I am copying below the most salient, and entertaining, part of the report:

Gutfeld courted controversy on Monday during a segment on the Fox talk show The Five, where the panelists were discussing Florida’s new slavery curriculum, which teaches students that slaves “developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit".

One of the commenters on the panel, Jessica Tarlov, said that provision within the standards made her uncomfortable. As a Jewish person, she felt a similar framing of the Holocaust would be highly offensive.

Gutfeld then compared the situation to Jews who “had to survive in a concentration camp by having skills”. He said: “You had to be useful. Utility. Utility kept you alive.”

“I’m disgusted, basically,” said Holocaust survivor Michael Bornstein, while responding to Gutfeld’s comments.

“My father was an accountant. And he had, basically, negotiating skills. He and my brother were gassed in Auschwitz," Mr Bornstein told CNN.

He continued: "My mother knew how to pack – learned how to pack bullets that killed Jewish people.

“There were over six million people killed in the Holocaust, over a million people killed in Auschwitz, and there’s no silver lining to killing six million people, or talking about slaves and the benefits of slaves and learning what they were doing.”

So the takeaways, according to DeSantis and Gutfield, are:

1. Slavery had real benefits for the slaves, and that message should be part of the Florida school curriculum.
2. Nazi concentration camps had real benefits for the Jews.

ROFL ... 🐘 🤡 :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: NJPSU and lionlover
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News