ADVERTISEMENT

Youngstown St….er…..West Virginia whooping BYU

There's no such thing as ranked 39th because one coach coach or writer put them at 25. Only the top 25 are ranked. No one else.

There isn't a good team probably outside the top 17 this year. Again, the divide in college football is getting bigger and bigger each year. There's very few good teams.

If we played WVU 100 times how many do they win? If they're lucky once? Good teams will beat great teams 20% of the time or more. WVU has zero chance to do that. They're not a good team. Not at all. But keep pretending.
No, you're pretending that you think your opinion is actually fact. So keep pretending that one. No one outside the top 17 is good? No one is ranked outside the top 25? If you're getting votes/points in the coaches and AP, you're ranked. Just because the media doesn't say it doesn't make it so. You remind of of a sociopath where only you matter, your opinion is laced with gold and no one else matters. Prove it. Prove WVU is a bad team. And while we're at it, what is bad and what is good to you?

No, you're pretending that you think your opinion is actually fact. So keep pretending that one. No one outside the top 17 is good? No one is ranked outside the top 25? If you're getting votes/points in the coaches and AP, you're ranked. Just because the media doesn't say it doesn't make it so. You remind of of a sociopath where only you matter, your opinion is laced with gold and no one else matters. Prove it. Prove WVU is a bad team. And while we're at it, what is bad and what is good to you?
No one outside about the top 17 is good is my opinion
No on outside the top 25 is ranked is a fact not an opinion
I've explained countless times in this thread what makes a team "good" and why WVU isn't. WVU beats bad teams and sometimes loses to bad teams--that's a bad team. Their best win is arguably BYU who is under 500 in conference play. The Big XII is horrible this year. WVU exceeded my expectations (largely because Pitt, TTU, TCU and others didn't meet expectations or even come close) but that doesn't mean they're good. They're not.
I don't believe for a second anyone thinks WVU would beat us if we played them 100 times--they wouldn't--but those people just hate the fact we don't have a legit quality win. Own it.

so do you think the 1990 schedule was easier than what we play today?

It included USC, Texas, ND, Alabama in the same season. we then played Florida State in the bowl game.

in 1999 we played Arizona, Miami, Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue with Drew Brees, and MSU with Plaxico Burress

how were those schedules easier than what we have now - Delaware State, Umass, WVu? we literally have a two game season this year

That year no. Do you think the typical 70s schedule of army, navy, air force, Pitt, Syracuse, wvu, temple, Rutgers, and bc was tougher than today?

Scholarship limits did not even exist until the 70s. Do you think 105 scholarship players is better or worse than 85? Do you think that was an advantage when big schools like PSU were able to stockpile players and the players could not transfer?

This Dude is like that Monty Python sketch where the guy pays to have an argument - and then it just turns into a repetitive yes it is and no it isn't thing - Dando is exhausting with his stupidity.

This Dude is like that Monty Python sketch where the guy pays to have an argument - and then it just turns into a repetitive yes it is and no it isn't thing - Dando is exhausting with his stupidity.
You can criticize me all you want. Couldn't care less. The problem here is many of you refuse to engage in honest discussions. Pretending WVU isn't a bad team is a great example of the desperation to believe we don't have a 2 game season.

No one outside about the top 17 is good is my opinion
No on outside the top 25 is ranked is a fact not an opinion
I've explained countless times in this thread what makes a team "good" and why WVU isn't. WVU beats bad teams and sometimes loses to bad teams--that's a bad team. Their best win is arguably BYU who is under 500 in conference play. The Big XII is horrible this year. WVU exceeded my expectations (largely because Pitt, TTU, TCU and others didn't meet expectations or even come close) but that doesn't mean they're good. They're not.
I don't believe for a second anyone thinks WVU would beat us if we played them 100 times--they wouldn't--but those people just hate the fact we don't have a legit quality win. Own it.
At least you used the words, "is my opinion." Seriously, I think you're over rating the importance of being "good." There's nothing wrong with being good at 6-3, though there are different types of 6-3 teams. Above .500 is above average and that means a team is decent to good. I don't see what the big deal is. At least WVU is good enough to beat those teams and getting better each game. It certainly doesn't make them anything exceptional but they don't have to be. I think teams should get some credit for winning and sending the losing team into a downward spiral at the time they beat them. And no team should have to apologize for their opponent's records. Should Michigan apologize?

As far as the ranking issue goes, CBS Sports ranks all 133, computer polls do, which means teams beyond top 25 are ranked. That is a fact. Stop falling for the AP poll and media's love affair with it. Some teams are ranked in some polls and other polls don't rank beyond the top 25 like the new BCS playoff rankings.

I put him on ignore a while ago, so can't see his ludicrous bullshit anymore. But he's a loser poser-troll scUM fan - really pathetic, but fairly typical of their fan base.

At least you used the words, "is my opinion." Seriously, I think you're over rating the importance of being "good." There's nothing wrong with being good at 6-3, though there are different types of 6-3 teams. Above .500 is above average and that means a team is decent to good. I don't see what the big deal is. At least WVU is good enough to beat those teams and getting better each game. It certainly doesn't make them anything exceptional but they don't have to be. I think teams should get some credit for winning and sending the losing team into a downward spiral at the time they beat them. And no team should have to apologize for their opponent's records. Should Michigan apologize?

As far as the ranking issue goes, CBS Sports ranks all 133, computer polls do, which means teams beyond top 25 are ranked. That is a fact. Stop falling for the AP poll and media's love affair with it. Some teams are ranked in some polls and other polls don't rank beyond the top 25 like the new BCS playoff rankings.
Polls that rank all team do...yes
The AP and coaches do not
I don't care at all about the polls but getting one or two voters to throw you a vote doesn't have any value
Michigan should apologize for their garbage schedule but a winning record doesn't make you good or above average. It must be analyzed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT