ADVERTISEMENT

10,000 on ignore, Book 165: The Days of Reckoning, Part 24.....

Ten Thousan Marbles

Gold Member
Feb 6, 2014
We've now reached the 'Ricky Schroder harassing Costco employees' phase of the pandemic
Aldous J Pennyfarthing

ScreenShot2021-05-16at10.40.58AM.png

I'm not sure if this is an indication that the COVID pandemic is winding down or that civilization is. It might be both, honestly, but that’s not for me to decide.

Ricky Schroder first came to prominence as the kid on Silver Spoons. I tuned in once, because I just assumed it was a show about preadolescent children and their drug paraphernalia. Instead, it was about a snotty kid with a far-too-elaborate train set. Or something like that. It was the mid-’80s, and if my logbooks are accurate, I spent most of that time getting ferociously high while sending an increasingly prurient series of Western Union telegrams to Phyllis Schlafly.

Schroder later went by “Rick” and starred in shows like NYPD Blue. His last TV credit was from 2016 (a Dolly Parton Christmas special) and his last movie credit came in 2010. Until this morning, that is, when this showed up on his Wikipedia profile:

ScreenShot2021-05-16at10.20.22AM.png

It says, “Angry and dumb white man refused from shopping at COSTCO for not wearing a mask.”

Of course, as you can see in the following clip, he now just goes by “dick.”

So as you can see in the embedded video, Schroder argues with a Costco employee about whether Costco is allowing people without masks to shop in their store. Schroder, who presumably doesn’t work at Costco, believes he knows Costco’s rules better than a Costco employee.

Schroder—who, let’s not forget, also helped bail out accused Kenosha murderer Kyle Rittenhouse—then demands, and presumably gets, a refund. He also suggests “everyone in California” solicit a refund from Costco “until this rule is lifted.”

But here was my favorite part:

SCHRODER: “If they grant us that, our kings, the people in power, you’re going to listen to these people? They’ve destroyed our economy, they’re destroying our culture, they’re destroying our state, and you’re just going to listen to their rules.”

Someone please explain this to me. What’s so ****ing hard about wearing a mask in a store? I’ll never understand this as long as I live. It’s a small piece of cloth that can be slightly uncomfortable or inconvenient at times. If you want to adorn your mask with a MAGA message or a pair of TruckNutz or whatever, that’s up to you. So long as you’re not spritzing all over me in front of the 6-pound jar of olive tapenade.

You know, I thought when the revolution came it would be over voting rights or something more fundamental to our democracy. Instead, Republicans have decided to die on this hill—of corpses.

Rick Schroder started out life with big advantages. Now he’s, like, halfway to Kirk Cameron. And, no, that’s not a good thing.

Turn Left

May 16, 2021 at 04:07:14 PM

So Schroder says the King or the Power or whatever have ruined our economy — while all these people go into Costco around him to spend a lot of money.

What an ass.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News