ADVERTISEMENT

13-9: Pantherlair blogger writes entire book about 5-7 season

If that gets a book, then 42-39 must get a documentary (with a free keychain).

Reactions: Bob78
72% of the ratings are the lowest... one star. Several suggest it was written with crayons, or your you need crayons when "reading" it. Perhaps everyone's favorite Liar Board poster, Crapstain O'Reilly was a major contributer?

Reactions: harbest
Pathetic, but this is a program that measures success in terms of moral victories.

I wonder if Wandstedt received a six year extension and a raise for that 5-7 season. He did last another 3 years and even had a couple of good years before a 7-5 season did him in. I wonder how Nardouchie will fare after his 5-7 season with a big win in the finale. Somehow I don't see as much success as Wandstedt but I see the same ending in a couple of years.

It is funny to see how the expectations at Pitt have changed over the years. Wandstedt was forced to resign because he couldn't make it to the big show. Now they are rewarding mediocrity.

There have been a number of articles and media references here in Pittsburgh to 13-9. Nothing says mediocre more than celebrating a meaningless win that occurred a decade previously.

That's something like the high school nerd who still celebrates going to the prom with a somewhat pretty girl, when he's in his 50's.

The best one:

"I would rather strangle myself with my own pubic hair than to have to read that crap again."

That one gives new meaning to the term "pencil-neck geek." Freddie Blassie was ahead of his time...and always "classy."

That was one of their 37 national championship seasons. C’mon guys, of course someone is going to write a book about it.

All the negative reviews are from salty WVU fans. In fact, I would say their need to write these negative reviews further elevates this book, which is well written. Just goes to show the significance of that win.<puts down crayon>

Which type of person is more idiotic? One who writes a book about a team which went 5-7? Or one who actually paid $6.99 for it?

Note that it's independently published. Maybe that means whenever someone is dumb enough to buy it, Peak opens up the Word document and burns off a copy.

Last edited:
I can actually envision Chris Peak folding up the construction paper, stapling the 15 pages of 8.5x11 inside, then gluing a Shady McCoy picture to the front
I'd imagine it went something like this

wiggum-paste.gif

Best review ever...

"Terribly written. I've read better stories written by my 6 year old nephew so with that being said I think this book was written on a pre-school level. The front cover looks like it was printed off of a Canon Jet Ink Printer from 2002. The author doesn't show the ability to capture the imagination of the reader or even that of a comatose patient who has been in a vegetative state for the past 20 years. I would not recommend this book to anyone, not even my worst ex-wife who I hate so much. If your kid has been naughty this year I would recommend this book instead of a lump of coal. Do not buy."

All the negative reviews are from salty WVU fans. In fact, I would say their need to write these negative reviews further elevates this book, which is well written. Just goes to show the significance of that win.<puts down crayon>

All the positive reviews are from desperate Pitt fans. In fact, I would say their need to write these positive reviews further devalues this book, which is poorly written. Just goes to show the insignificance of Pitt football.

Just thought of something fun... let's title the sequel!

"Those who stayed received a beverage, the story of Pitt football 2017"

Understand that Pitt plans to hand these out at every home game to everyone in the stands at half-time. That should just about double sales. The effect on fans:

20170916140304.1505589731.jpg

Reactions: Bob78
When you suck, it is no longer about your successes, it becomes about ruining someone else's season.

Look for "42-39. How a mediocre Pitt team that lost its bowl game kept Penn State out of the CFP" in a few years.

Does Chris Peak not realize how incredibly pathetic it makes Pitt and its fans look?

Check that... He obviously doesn't

and the comment ratings on the book are fantastic. Seriously, an entire book about a team that finished 5-7 10 years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/13-9-story-g...ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=1

Wow.
I'm guessing this guy is now trying to negotiate with Ken Burns to do a 10-part documentary on their 2016 season, what with wins over PSU and Clemson. Part 11: The upset of Miami in 2017, and the 7 year extension of Duzzi's contract rewarding all these stellar seasons.

The fun never ends when you're the best college football team in Pittsburgh... well, next to Duquesne.

See, now, here's the problem with writing a book about Pitt football. You're assuming both of their fans can read.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT