ADVERTISEMENT

1st day of early signing period = media declares UMich victory

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
there was no acknowledgement that this early period is 3 days or even that UM has no more dry powder for offers. PSU and also tOSU still have a lot of open slots left and will close the gap on UM. I expect PSU to pass UM after final signing period in Feb. these standings will shift but the media treating it like a UM victory. if we get surprises this week, we may se the change by tomorrow.

Reactions: NedFromYork
there was no acknowledgement that this early period is 3 days or even that UM has no more dry powder for offers. PSU and also tOSU still have a lot of open slots left and will close the gap on UM. I expect PSU to pass UM after final signing period in Feb. these standings will shift but the media treating it like a UM victory. if we get surprises this week, we may se the change by tomorrow.
Media spin: "PSU Stocks up on Leftovers to Limp Past Stellar UM Class"

Last edited:
There was a guy from the BTN on Mark Packer’s show today and they asked him about the upcoming bowl games he said the two most interesting games were Ohio State’s game and Michigan’s game. Then when asked about the highlights for signing day in the Big 10 he said the two biggest highlights were Ohio State landing Harrison and Michigan’s class. Basically his whole segment was a discussion about Ohio State and Michigan...you know, the only schools in the Big 10.

Don't know how many open slots PSU has left and if you will pass Michigan when all is said and done but Ryan Day said yesterday that OSU has room for just 2 or 3 more - many are expecting around a max of 18 in their class. They only have 8 seniors on scholarship and are waiting on several underclassmen to declare (or not). So it looks like Michigan and PSU will finish with the top 2 classes with OSU finishing 3rd due to numbers. In other words, OSU has a ton of players returning next year - not good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anison
Don't know how many open slots PSU has left and if you will pass Michigan when all is said and done but Ryan Day said yesterday that OSU has room for just 2 or 3 more - many are expecting around a max of 18 in their class. They only have 8 seniors on scholarship and are waiting on several underclassmen to declare (or not). So it looks like Michigan or PSU will finish with the top 2 classes with OSU finishing 3rd due to numbers. In other words, OSU has a ton of players returning next year - not good.
The biggest concern is if they get Fields.

I checked two national articles about NSD and neither mentioned PSU - both mentioned Michigan.

There was a guy from the BTN on Mark Packer’s show today and they asked him about the upcoming bowl games he said the two most interesting games were Ohio State’s game and Michigan’s game. Then when asked about the highlights for signing day in the Big 10 he said the two biggest highlights were Ohio State landing Harrison and Michigan’s class. Basically his whole segment was a discussion about Ohio State and Michigan...you know, the only schools in the Big 10.
C’Mom the Big10 - just a great place for PSU!

Our class is currently the best in the B1G. We all know it. So, who cares what the others think. Does anyone really believe that Michigan's class is better because they watered it down with 11 3*s?

Franklin kicked their a--es this year and they should get used to it!

Last edited:
Well, to be perfectly honest, 1/2 the media AND 3/4 of the fans don’t know that the early signing period extends through Friday. But based on results from last year (and so far this year), today and tomorrow are meaningless.

AND

While the Feb signing date has always extended into March and April, the media has always treated those months as non-existent, focusing always and only on the first Wed.

SO

Same old, same old, nothing new this year.

I normally listen to Packer on Ch 84 but he has been way down on PSU and JF the last couple times I listened. He comes off as a Michigan homer though I have no idea where he is from.

I normally listen to Packer on Ch 84 but he has been way down on PSU and JF the last couple times I listened. He comes off as a Michigan homer though I have no idea where he is from.
He’s a Clemson grad. And you’re right, he mostly tries to be impartial and speaks highly of most programs but he does not like Franklin for some reason. He spent two days trashing Franklin for calling the timeout against Ga State then he spent even longer trashing Franklin about his comments after the OSU game. It seems Franklin is the only coach he trashes.

Yeah, that could end up being a nightmare for all of us. Somehow, someway the NCAA needs to block his immediate eligibility. Of course, those spineless a-holes won't
Yeah there’s pretty much no way us Michigan fans have a leg to stand on with this one. If you weren’t calling for Patterson to sit a year, then you are either a supporter of 100% “free” transfers (like me) or a raging hypocrite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT