ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 76ers Thread

Something has to be changed ASAP

31 point road loss

How is a team that is 20-2 at home, stink this bad on the road? Giving up 138 points? It's almost unbelievable with that size. It's to the point where you know they are going to lose on the road. Unwatchable. This team will be done in one round. Easy. they aren't even as good as when they just had Saric, Reddick, and RoCo.

This year is a huge dissapointment. The pieces just don't fit, or Richardson is that important. That could be part of it as they don't have a shooting guard in a shooting guard league. It rubs salt in the wounds watching Butler go off for 38. If the Sixers didn't offer him the full max, they blew it.

First thing to try is can the coach. #2 would be trade someone, probably Embiid, becasue he is the one that's going to break down first. That would have to happen after the year, and just take the beating this year.

How is a team that is 20-2 at home, stink this bad on the road? Giving up 138 points? It's almost unbelievable with that size. It's to the point where you know they are going to lose on the road. Unwatchable. This team will be done in one round. Easy. they aren't even as good as when they just had Saric, Reddick, and RoCo.

This year is a huge dissapointment. The pieces just don't fit, or Richardson is that important. That could be part of it as they don't have a shooting guard in a shooting guard league. It rubs salt in the wounds watching Butler go off for 38. If the Sixers didn't offer him the full max, they blew it.

First thing to try is can the coach. #2 would be trade someone, probably Embiid, becasue he is the one that's going to break down first. That would have to happen after the year, and just take the beating this year.

I dont think Butler wanted to come back. It sounded like he really questioned Brown on his coaching and pretty much called out Simmons or Embiid, possibly both. I'm sure the Sixers knew he would never be content in Philly.

I dont think Butler wanted to come back. It sounded like he really questioned Brown on his coaching and pretty much called out Simmons or Embiid, possibly both. I'm sure the Sixers knew he would never be content in Philly.

Butler has never been content ANYWHERE!

Ya- I've heard a few rumors. I'm not sure I wanted the guy for 5 years, but this isn't working. He sure would elevate the team. Overpaying for Horford looks like a bad fit. He's a good guy too, but oh well.

Not a bad trade for the Sixers. Probably the best they could do without trading a starter.

Good job by Elton. Got a couple wings that can shoot and strengthened the bench. He needs to cut two from the roster.... who???

Maybe find someone to take Mike Scott as he is having a terrible year. Ennis isn't producing much either.

Can they send Bolden to the G League?

O'Quinn may be a candidate ... Simmons was playing center when Joel was out.

Scott, Enis may stay with playoffs in mind ....

Speaking of the GLeague, I read teams are unimpressed and werent interested in Zhaire Smith.

He has a lot of work to do .... missed his rookie year due to injury and illness. Converting from a small in stature forward in college to an NBA shooting guard is not an easy thing. Great in college shooting guards fail in the NBA all the time! That pick was all about upside but came with a high risk of failure.

The dreaded “Players Only” meeting....being organized by a player who has been on this team for 51 games. Usually not a good sign

Last edited:
I was at the Miami heat game vs the sixers. What stood out to me was how invested josh Richardson was on the bench. That dude acted like a coach on the bench. He’s incredibly invested and positive.

embiid got his, but it’s clear that something isn’t clicking, particularly with him.

my sense is that he’ll kick it into gear in the playoffs. But the body language on the floor isn’t flattering for embiid specifically. Even during the national anthem, both embiid (first) and Ben (second) ducked out of the anthem prematurely. It wasn’t a political protest or anything, but it was (to me) about respect for the game. Embiid just didn’t give a darn about it. Ben followed. Nobody else on the heat or sixers did the same.

ben is flawed, but he’s wholly invested. Embiids investment is suspect. That said, he needs to sit out because of the hand. He’s clearly not right with the bum hand.

Last edited:
Someone start a poll: who do you want to keep, Ben or Joel?

I have never really cared for Embiid. He talks way too much trash for a guy who has accomplished nothing in this league in terms of team success. He just doesn’t have the championship work ethic in my opinion and guys who do not take their fitness seriously throughout their careers tend to break down much sooner than the average player. Their championship window might be closing quickly given that the massive contracts given out to Embiid and Simmons really precludes them from going out and getting another superstar.

I say they trade them both and build around Furkan Korkmaz aka The Turkish Mamba!!

I feel like I want this season to end sooner rather than later....it’s been a mess.

I feel like I want this season to end sooner rather than later....it’s been a mess.

Where do the Sixers go from here? I’m not an NBA trade cap/trade guy, but it’s hard for me to see how they can significantly improve or remake this team without moving Embid or Simmons. Joel is clearly the better player but his injury history still scares me for a guy his size. Do they build a roster around Simmons and Richardson with 3 & D guys? The Sixers are in a better place than before the process but now seem to be stuck in the good but not good enough spot they so desperately sought to avoid.

Why would he be unhappy, they let him shoot way to many 3's, he plays soft, he turns the ball over way to much and nothing is ever said from the head coach. What a joke.

Why would he be unhappy, they let him shoot way to many 3's, he plays soft, he turns the ball over way to much and nothing is ever said from the head coach. What a joke.

To top it off, an article came out today saying Simmons and Embiid are jealous of each other. Other articles say that its Embiid that will be traded and teams will put big packages together to go after him. It very actively being discussed by interested teams.

Simmons and Embiid on the court together isnt going to work. They pretty much have to trade Embiid because of this injury and out of shape issues. Its also a foregone conclusion that Brown will be let go.

To top it off, an article came out today saying Simmons and Embiid are jealous of each other. Other articles say that its Embiid that will be traded and teams will put big packages together to go after him. It very actively being discussed by interested teams.

Simmons and Embiid on the court together isnt going to work. They pretty much have to trade Embiid because of this injury and out of shape issues. Its also a foregone conclusion that Brown will be let go.

read this one today...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj...el-embiid-on-trade-market.html?outputType=amp

They played great last night. Putting Kork in as a starter when he's been lighting it up off the bench was Brown's only major flub last night, that I could see.

A second unit of Horford surrounded by shooters like Alec Burks, Thybulle and Kork would be a game changer.

They played great last night. Putting Kork in as a starter when he's been lighting it up off the bench was Brown's only major flub last night, that I could see.

A second unit of Horford surrounded by shooters like Alec Burks, Thybulle and Kork would be a game changer.

This was a great win. But there’s no way this team is gonna suck me back in yet. If you told me they had 2 nights off and had a back to back on the road at Washington and Cleveland I would guarantee a loss in Cleveland and more than likely a close loss to DC.

Until I see some progress on the road I can’t have faith in this team. 4-5 times now this season they have come off a bad road trip to win big games at home and rope me back in.

NOT THIS TIME!

Hopefully this break will do them so good and get ready for the second half of the season.

Great win today over the Bucks. The Sixers were draining 3s.

121-109, Sixers

The Greek had a tough shooting day for the Bucks, and JoJo played very well on both ends.

Great win today over the Bucks. The Sixers were draining 3s.

121-109, Sixers

The Greek had a tough shooting day for the Bucks, and JoJo played very well on both ends.

35-DFDDF0-E59-C-4718-8-A22-AEB2-AA1067-C1.gif

I’m confused...I’m watching the game now. Does Tom have a time machine he’s not sharing??

I’m confused...I’m watching the game now. Does Tom have a time machine he’s not sharing??

my bad

it's been a very long day, with a lot of stress. I thought I sat down and watched the end of the game, and it turns out i was watching a replay of the Christmas day game between the two teams.

Bucks up 56-50, at the half, in the actual game

my bad

it's been a very long day, with a lot of stress. I thought I sat down and watched the end of the game, and it turns out i was watching a replay of the Christmas day game between the two teams.

Son of a bitch. I was going to ask you who wins next year’s national championship and bet huge money on it. Guess I can’t quit my job after all.

Hope your day gets better.

Son of a bitch. I was going to ask you who wins next year’s national championship and bet huge money on it. Guess I can’t quit my job after all.

Hope your day gets better.

watching this Sixers game won’t make his day better! Down 20 after 3.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
my bad

Lol, I can just imagine. “Damn, what a day. At least the Sixers won, salvaged the day somewhat. Let’s see what the tools on BWI have to say before I turn in. WTF? The Sixers are still playing? Crap.”

It seems an amazing coincidence that you pulled up the Xmas Bucks game on the day the Sixers played the Bucks again.

Hope your day today is better, Tom.

Sixers looked pathetic last night. There's no even flow with their offense. They were struggling at times to beat the shot clock. Milwaukee has a nice looking team and will be tough if they keep healthy. Something has to happen at the end of the season with the Sixers possible coaching change maybe players traded. The team just doesn't mesh and the signing of Al has been a really big bust. If Simmons is out for a while with back issues its over for this year. Hes been the bright spot of the team.

Talk about a slow board......lol Hey, how about Shake Milton! At least he is taking advantage of his opportunity to shine.
Great game for Shake. I was hoping that Horford would step up but his signing looks to be a bust thus far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT