ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 B1G Tournament

141: 3rd Place Match
2 Beau Bartlett vs 9 Dylan D’Emilio

Beau in on a single and lets it go. Not sure why; it was deep. Tried for a cradle when prob could have had the TD. Shoots again. Nothing. Dylan finally takes a shot after 2:30. Easily stuffed by Beau. 0-0 after one.

Dylan on bottom. To his feet. Finally a mat return. To his feet again. Returned again. If it were the other way around, I’d want a stall call. Slow returns. To his feet again and out in 0:31. 0-1. Dylan a shot of just air. Beau shoots but nothing. 0-1 after two. 31 secs RT for Beau.

Beau on bottom. To his feet. Out after 17 secs. 1-1. Beau in deep on a single. Gets the finish. 3-1 Beau. Dylan immediately to his feet but returned. OOB. 1:09 to go. To his feet. Out with 1:04 to go. 3-2 Beau. RT not a factor. Dylan shoots but stopped easily. Again. Beau shoots. Finishes! Wins 5-2!!!!

Last edited:
I just wish there was an ounce of talent at 125 to make Lee pay for his gassing. Alas, there isn’t.
Wow! You’re stating there isn’t an ounce of talent among multiple Div 1 wrestlers? Who are you to judge? What have you done? Your homerism is one thing but diminishing the abilities of all these athletes truly shows what kind of person you are.

Has Beau ever actually hit that standing cradle? He always seems to pass up the single for a big move and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him hit it.

Bartlett v D'Emillio
  • Not much through one. Beau got to a leg with no success and is looking Russian tie.
  • Bartlett on top. Two mat retuns.
  • D'Emillio out, leads 1-0. :31 riding time for Beau.
  • Third period, Beau down.
  • He's out, 1-1.
  • Bartlett with a nice single, looking to convert and he's got the two (yelled in Byers' voice)
  • D'Emillio is out, 3-2 Beau.
  • D'Emillio shoots, Beau goes front headlock, spins, gets two more. It ends 5-2, big smile from Beau.

Bartlett v D'Emillio
  • Not much through one. Beau got to a leg with no success and is looking Russian tie.
  • Bartlett on top. Two mat retuns.
  • D'Emillio out, leads 1-0. :31 riding time for Beau.
  • Third period, Beau down.
  • He's out, 1-1.
  • Bartlett with a nice single, looking to convert and he's got the two (yelled in Byers' voice)
  • D'Emillio is out, 3-2 Beau.
  • D'Emillio shoots, Beau goes front headlock, spins, gets two more. It ends 5-2, big smile from Beau.
Beau's smile is so infectious. I can't stay mad at him for long for trying a failed standing cradle after I see it.

Woods was unlucky I thought on at least the one nearfall call, but it appears the lungers helped him survive

Nice scramble at the finish of the Hardy Woods match. Probably should've been whistled potentially dangerous but that would've robbed Hardy of any shot at the match.

Woods will get beat at Natty's he just doesn't have it after the first period. Hardy had him and didn't finish

Has Beau ever actually hit that standing cradle? He always seems to pass up the single for a big move and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him hit it.
Yes he has and it does work, but in a match against the better guys it is very unlikely. This is a 3rd place medal match. Not the time to give up on an excellent single

He has to maintain the head at nationals. Get your points. They are harder to come by.

Alirez better
Agreed. Alirez is the best neutral wrestler at this weight by far. Kid is extremely good on his feet with a wide variety of attacks. People just have to keep out of Woods tilt and the match will be tight
I’m sure I’ve mentioned in the past but I’ve known the Alirez family since high school. I wrestled his dad multiple times during high school. He was very good as well. 2 time state champion in CO and a Fargo AA. Didn’t wrestle in college in though

I assume the ACC winner (Matthews/Jack) gets the 3 seed at NCAAs? Does Beau get the 5 to Hardy's 4?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT