ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 B1G Tournament

197 is nuts. ultimate irony would be to watch warner spiral ride his way to a title from a low seed

Allred has the length and strength that are always a difficult match up for Max, who is a small 197. I'm not counting out Max in a rematch at Natties.

Allred was very impressive in his post-match interview. Seems like a quality young man.

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
Max looked bad against another guy that is a lot longer. Couldn't defend the pick from distance. Need a better plan
It's more about his offense or lack thereof. He has always been gettable from neutral, but he used to be a lot more aggressive. He was out-shot about 7 - 2 in that match and looked sluggish. I have a lot of confidence we will see a better version in 2 weeks

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Iowa fans got rock hard when the ref called that stall on Parris. Without even trying Kerk executed the Iowa push out to a T... but it should not have been called

Reactions: nitlion6
Honestly Spencer (and Woods) is the main reason I expect Iowa to contend. I do think it's frustrating for Spencer because he obviously wanted to finish with his guys on a contending team (not that he doesn't like the new crop but I mean Kemerer, Marinelli, ADS, those were the guys he was here with) I think that's truthfully part of the reason he decided eff it I'm going to show a little emotion this year.
he wanted team title he should have gone to PSU!

Kerk v Parris
  • Parris with a fireman's dump for two
  • Nice job by Kerk to get away. :48 RT for Parris.
  • Period ends. 2-1 Parris.
  • Kerk chooses bottom, RT up over a minute now.
  • He's out with 1:03 RT hanging over him still. 2-2.
  • Period ends. Niether guy committed to a shot in the second.
  • Parris out, but RT under a minute :56)
  • Kerk with a double attempt but Parris stuffs it.
  • Parris hit with a second stalling and it's tied, going to SV.
  • Kerk with a double attempt, Parris stops it, looking to go behind, but drives through for two. Parris wins 5-3.

• Sad
Reactions: creamery freak
Welp, Kerk figured out Cass this year ... and Parris figured him out (though obviously Parris was hindered last year also) Need a new game plan as people said, straight on shots vs Parris won't work.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
I don’t think either wrestler knew it was tied. Kerk was taking late desperation shots that didn’t help his energy level for SV.

Reactions: creamery freak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT