ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2023 Penn State Football Depth Chart -- Post Spring Ball Edition

I think I saw either on a youtube podcast or at the blue/white game telecast that Rojas was already up to like 224 lbs. It was one of the most amazing body transformations in such a short time they had seen from an incoming freshman. Anyone else remember seeing that?

It's been quite a topic all spring. I thought he arrived 185 and the 29 lbs gain got him to 214, but it could have been 195 and now he's 224.

Current roster says 214. I assume that was updated near the BW game. 224 to 230 would be awesome if achieved before fall camp begins because he's going to run if off once the season starts based on everything I read about him prior to enrolling.

I think I saw either on a youtube podcast or at the blue/white game telecast that Rojas was already up to like 224 lbs. It was one of the most amazing body transformations in such a short time they had seen from an incoming freshman. Anyone else remember seeing that?
Yep, Rojas put on lots of weight in a short period of time as he needed size. And his performance in the B/W game seems to indicate that most of that weight was good weight, i.e. muscle.

As fast and quick to react to plays as Rojas has exhibited in a small sample size should get every PSU fan excited about his future in Blue and White, and his skill set should make him a nice backup this season with a chance to excel at Sam as a starter in 2024. Rojas should also be a terror on special teams coverage this season as well.

I don't believe he was 224 lbs during the B/W game as he looked more like a big Safety making plays. But it wouldn't be surprising to see him at 225 lbs by September. Given that Rojas knew he needed more muscle in the year leading up to enrolling at PSU it is hard for me to believe that he came in so light, and also hard to believe that he could successfully add all good weight/muscle to get much bigger than the 220's given that those 25-30 added lbs would be up to 15% of his body weight when he got to PSU...

We are fortunate to have an experienced and talented starting LB group of Jacobs, King and Carter, with some talented young and developing players competing for playing time in Wylie, Rojas, Robinson, and DeLuka.

Also remember that Keys is a summer enrollee of the 2023 class and the staff went so hard for him for so long in order to flip him from NC that I'm expecting big things from him as well going forward. Keys is reportedly bigger than Rojas and it seems like Keys might begin his PSU career at Will. I can't remember PSU having as much talent at LB in years, and the starting group also has to be one of the most experienced groups in some time as well.

Last edited:
Yep, Rojas put on lots of weight in a short period of time as he needed size. And his performance in the B/W game seems to indicate that most of that weight was good weight, i.e. muscle.

As fast and quick to react to plays as Rojas has exhibited in a small sample size should get every PSU fan excited about his future in Blue and White, and his skill set should make him a nice backup this season with a chance to excel at Sam as a starter in 2024. Rojas should also be a terror on special teams coverage this season as well.

I don't believe he was 224 lbs during the B/W game as he looked more like a big Safety making plays. But it wouldn't be surprising to see him at 225 lbs by September. We are fortunate to have an experienced and talented starting LB group of Jacobs, King and Carter, with some talented young players competing for playing time in Wylie, Rojas, Robinson, and DeLuka.

Also remember that Keys is a summer enrollee of the 2023 class and the staff went so hard for him for so long in order to flip him from NC that I'm expecting big things from him as well going forward. Keys is reportedly bigger than Rojas and it seems like Keys might begin his PSU career at Will. I can't remember PSU having as much talent at LB in years, and the starting group also has to be one of the most experienced groups in some time as well.
This position group went from who do we even have for a 2 deep to this 2 deep is stacked with NFL caliber talent very quickly. OL has had a similar but not quite as complete transition. Would love to see the WR group go this way in short order.

This position group went from who do we even have for a 2 deep to this 2 deep is stacked with NFL caliber talent very quickly. OL has had a similar but not quite as complete transition. Would love to see the WR group go this way in short order.
Yep, all the focus on portal WR's could lead us to believe the roster is pretty void of young WR talent. But Evans, Saunders and Ivey showed some talent this Spring, along with Wallace and McClain. It will be interesting to see the first reports out of Fall camp on Cephus, who I believe has 2 years of eligibility remaining.

I'm disappointed that the staff hasn't gotten a couple verbals from the group of top WR's they are after for the 2024 class. But if the staff could close on 3 or 4 top WR's for 2024 and even half of the current PSU young WR's break out the WR depth chart could be pretty stacked in the next year as well. Ideally a couple of the yet to commit top 2024 WR's enroll next January and end up contributing on the field in 2024.... ;)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT