ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 Schedule

nerfstate

Oct 10, 2017
Edit:
So far
  • NWCA All Star Classic 11/16? (Rec Hall?)
  • @Lehigh 12/8
  • Wyoming 12/15 (Rec Hall)
  • Journeyman Duals (Nashville) 12/21-22
  • American (Rec Hall) 2/21
B1G Opponents
Home: Iowa, MSU, Mich, Maryland
Away: Nebraska, Illinois, anOSU, Rutger

Last edited:
Was this discussed? I read we will host American University at 7 pm in Rec Hall on Friday Feb 21st.

We heard “iron sharpens iron!” American head coach Jason Borelli said when announcing the matchup earlier this year. “Excited to announce that @AU_Wrestling will be taking on the returning NCAA champions, @pennstateWREST, this upcoming season in State College. Curious, what’s the biggest dual meet upset you recall in college wrestling?!”

Reactions: creamery freak
Now that we know Iowa will be in Happy Valley…any clue in when? Will it be a BJC dual?
Iowa at BJC is a reasonable assumption for now. Michigan is unlikely because they're typically the same weekend as Sparty. Maryland doesn't really merit BJC.

"For now" because we haven't seen dates for the basketball teams.

Iowa at BJC is a reasonable assumption for now. Michigan is unlikely because they're typically the same weekend as Sparty. Maryland doesn't really merit BJC.

"For now" because we haven't seen dates for the basketball teams.

i might rather have iowa at rec hall after their most recent transfers. i'm not scared, but that will be our toughest dual this year. i'm not sure why michigan usually being the same weekend as msu is a dealbreaker for that being a bjc dual, since that's how it was 2 years ago, michigan at bjc on friday then msu sunday at rec

Another poster messaged me that he saw Wyoming is coming to Rec Hall on Dec 15th, according g to their released schedule. I waited for him to post it here but he didn’t.
Lilledahl vs. Volk before Holiday Break!

197 could also be a decent match. Whoever we send should beat Novak, but he's not a pushover, went 2-2 at nationals last year.

3 other NQs (149, 157, 285), but they're not gonna challenge our guys at those weights.

Otherwise, 5 complete mismatches.

If he's the same poster that messaged me.... he's ok in both categories I guess. Lol
giphy.gif

This poster you speak of must be a really smart dude.

And ridiculously good looking too, I bet.....
He is ok, other than his affinity for wearing Steelers colors despite not being a Steelers fan, or being from Western PA….. though I guess you could say he is from west of PA.

I will give you the smart part!

I also waited for him to post

Reactions: jrod65
Yes, I just got an email from Journeyman about this and also information on the Collegiate Classic in Bethlehem that PSU attended last year. PSU was not on the list for this year so they will NOT be at the Collegiate Classic (November 9th & 10th). Bummer, I liked that event last year and this year's event looks even bigger.

Lilledahl vs. Volk before Holiday Break!

197 could also be a decent match. Whoever we send should beat Novak, but he's not a pushover, went 2-2 at nationals last year.

3 other NQs (149, 157, 285), but they're not gonna challenge our guys at those weights.

Otherwise, 5 complete mismatches.
Any chance Cael sends out McHenry or someone else until second semester?

Potential for a lot of great matchups, depending on exactly which teams we'll face.

A heads-up for anyone who might consider going: don't be fooled by "Nashville," you'll definitely need a car. It's a private HS out in the exurbs, a good 30 min SW of the city. Not much of anything near it. Lunch options are probably 10-15 min away (unless they have food trucks for the event).

That said, don't let that deter anyone from going. Should be a great 2d of wrestling, and Nashville is still a lot of fun afterward.

Potential for a lot of great matchups, depending on exactly which teams we'll face.

A heads-up for anyone who might consider going: don't be fooled by "Nashville," you'll definitely need a car. It's a private HS out in the exurbs, a good 30 min SW of the city. Not much of anything near it. Lunch options are probably 10-15 min away (unless they have food trucks for the event).

That said, don't let that deter anyone from going. Should be a great 2d of wrestling, and Nashville is still a lot of fun afterward.
Would love us to group with Mizzou & Little Rock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT