ADVERTISEMENT

21 Guns FRL Shout Out

Damn right. Warrior Pride.

Now I know why you remembered Henry Green vs Jimmy Carr so well. I"m willing to bet a lot of money that you were there.

How did you figure it out?
I was definitely there. Watched my good friend Duane Fossler beat district VI's OW Al Fisher at 145.

I was definitely there. Watched my good friend Duane Fossler beat district VI's OW Al Fisher at 145.

Fossler........

Dubois?

He did, that's right. He beat Al Fisher. That weight class was LOADED, I think Rodgers from North Allegheny? Don Rohn? Wow.

Do you remember Dean Ryen and Tim Howe from West Branch in the PIAA championships in 1971 I think? A bit before my time, but they both got to the State's but lost. Howe lost in overtime to Terry DeStito of Beca(I think, maybe Easton).

Also, do you remember Al Fricke? When I was a kid, he drank beer in my pop's house during a big wrestling club party. Shorty Hitchcock was there, and a bunch of other name's I could drop, but won't, haha.

Last edited:
Fossler........

Dubois?

He did, that's right. He beat Al Fisher. That weight class was LOADED, I think Rodgers from North Allegheny? Don Rohn? Wow.

Do you remember Dean Ryen and Tim Howe from West Branch in the PIAA championships in 1971 I think? A bit before my time, but they both got to the State's but lost. Howe lost in overtime to Terry DeStito of Beca(I think, maybe Easton).

Also, do you remember Al Fricke? When I was a kid, he drank beer in my pop's house during a big wrestling club party. Shorty Hitchcock was there, and a bunch of other name's I could drop, but won't, haha.
Fricke and his brother was from Clearfield. When did you leave West Branch? Sister-in-law was the librarian / tech teacher for 20+ years... think she started in 1978

Fricke and his brother was from Clearfield. When did you leave West Branch? Sister-in-law was the librarian / tech teacher for 20+ years... think she started in 1978

I remember her well. She was a good teacher and a good person. Lisa, I believe?

I'm class of 82.

Small world.

P.S. In real life, I'm a pretty good guy, no matter what the powers that be think on a message board.

I remember her well. She was a good teacher and a good person. Lisa, I believe?

I'm class of 82.

Small world.

P.S. In real life, I'm a pretty good guy, no matter what the powers that be think on a message board.
yep, Lisa Kim. I graduated from Clfd in 80, my brother in 74. You were able to listen to all of the Bison wrestling matches on the radio. Made you feel like a celebrity when you made the lineup!

yep, Lisa Kim. I graduated from Clfd in 80, my brother in 74. You were able to listen to all of the Bison wrestling matches on the radio. Made you feel like a celebrity when you made the lineup!

Exactly! ALL of the matches were on radio. The Tyrone station had the matches, the Bellefonte station had the matches, the Philipsburg station had the matches. Holy shit, brings back memories. So did WCPA, and the Dubois station too.

Remember Dave Gallaher vs Jerry White? Great match, they wrestled a few times. Jerry beat Dave 6-4 in duals, then again in regionals. They both wrestled in college, of course Jerry was AA at PSU, Dave was at E. Kentucky I think? They met again in an all star match at WB, and Dave knocked off Jerry in that match, hehe. It was awesome to grow up among all the wrestling people in our little towns, eh?

Remember Dave Gallaher vs Jerry White? Great match, they wrestled a few times. Jerry beat Dave 6-4 in duals, then again in regionals. They both wrestled in college, of course Jerry was AA at PSU, Dave was at E. Kentucky I think? They met again in an all star match at WB, and Dave knocked off Jerry in that match, hehe. It was awesome to grow up among all the wrestling people in our little towns, eh?
yep, Dave had a little brother Doug that was pretty good as well. The Kassab's had a nice little run with two of them being pretty good - Lou and Mike. Remember Mike Stewart (74)? Had a late start at wrestling but did pretty well. THink he went to MIllersville. Up in our area, Duggan from Mo Valley had a good AA streak. Not sure what happened to him. Dave Irwin from Curwensville - multi AA state champ at 98 is still around town.
Yes, flashback... but filled with some regrets (that I'm over). Sure was fun though.

Listen, I just watched the show, and I laughed my ass off. I literally cracked up about 4 times, from CP and Willie's comments. And yes, I was laughing at myself. They just creamed me amigo!
Posts like this, and the HS discussion above, are probably more what you are really like. This personna most people would probably not have a problem with.

Reactions: Gebmo
"P.S. In real life, I'm a pretty good guy, no matter what the powers that be think on a message board."

Saint Jimmy from American Idiot?

Posts like this, and the HS discussion above, are probably more what you are really like. This personna most people would probably not have a problem with.

I had to see what the hub bub was all about on here and 1000% agree.

Waiting on the wife to confirm our ability to get to the Ale house on saturday. I have the feeling Gunz in person will be more like these last posts then the "persona" he has created that drives people nuts across the interwebs.

Fossler........

Dubois?

Yes. I'm DHS class of 1972. We had some damn good wrestlers back in the day. Fossler, Pete Morelli, Dick Whitaker, Tom Delong, Ed Fordoski, etc.
Funny thing, Henry Green showed up at a graduation party at my buddy's house in DuBois in June of '72 and it isn't like Huntingdon is next door. We treated him like a celebrity. That was the best HS match I ever saw.

Guns, my buddy Jim Carlson is trying to figure out who you are. If you care to divulge your identity, email me at hartzie@gmail.com.

Take the good with the bad I guess- Guns I would be happy to share a beer and some wrestling chatter with you any day. Online personalities always leave too many gaps to judge a person imo. I have met exactly zero wrestling fanatics that I didn't like when I sat down with them in person. We are all pretty weird to have tied a huge portion of our lives to what happens between guys we often don't know in a sport most don't understand.

Reactions: Gebmo
is this the Jim Carlson who use to write for The Progress... a column called 'matside'?
Yes, and the CDT, and the Patriot News. Still writes wrestling stuff for pennlive.com..

On second thought. I think Matside was Jim Butler. Carlson's column was
Carlsons Clipboard I think.

Last edited:
Yes, and the CDT, and the Patriot News. Still writes wrestling stuff for pennlive.com..

On second thought. I think Matside was Jim Butler. Carlson's column was
Carlsons Clipboard I think.
yep - you are right! thanks for jolting my memory to be correct! I always thought Jim Butler was a great guy who card a lot about wrestling and the wrestlers!

Reactions: Hartzie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT