ADVERTISEMENT

Adam McLean no longer enrolled at Maryland

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001

Really hope Adam McLean pulls it together. He was Penn State's biggest fan from Day 1, but these academic issues have derailed his short-term plans. Good kid who needs to take care of the little things.
B1nR4X2IMAMuUuh.jpg

Last edited:

Really hope Adam McLean can pull it together. He was Penn State's biggest fan from Day 1, but these academic issues have derailed his short-term plans. Good kid who needs to take care of the little things.

I guess PSU and Franklin were vindicated. Since this seems like a NCAA issue, Maryland probably lied to him or didn't know the rules.

He should get eligible and see if he can get back in at PSU.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I guess PSU and Franklin were vindicated. Since this seems like a NCAA issue, Maryland probably lied to him or didn't know the rules.

They were just hoping against hope it would work out (and he was worth the risk). Adam doesn't seem to have the patience or discipline to do what needs to be done and I have no idea why he thought it would work at Maryland but not at Penn State. If he can muster up the fortitude he'd do well by himself to hit up prep school, which is what CJF recommended.

This was almost inevitable. Where are the people who were slamming our coaches for letting the kid "get away" from Penn State?

I hope the kid can get his act together sooner rather than later.

He should get eligible and see if he can get back in at PSU.
I'm sure he'd want to come here after the fan base trashed him when he flipped...

He needs to take care of the "big things", I'd say (i.e., Spend less time at camps and in the barber shop and more time in the classroom). That said I agree, he always seemed like a good kid. I hope he gets it together and fulfills his goals (somewhere).

Really hope Adam McLean pulls it together. He was Penn State's biggest fan from Day 1, but these academic issues have derailed his short-term plans. Good kid who needs to take care of the little things.
B1nR4X2IMAMuUuh.jpg

I do recall seeing a lot of nonsense about him when he flipped. That said, if you add up all of the posters on these boards, Twitter, Facebook, etc. that trashed him when he flipped it probably equals less than 1% of the fan base. The rest of us are smart enough to keep our mouths shut. I hope he gets himself straightened out and is able to make it on the field somewhere. Who knows, maybe his future will lead him back to PSU.

I do recall seeing a lot of nonsense about him when he flipped. That said, if you add up all of the posters on these boards, Twitter, Facebook, etc. that trashed him when he flipped it probably equals less than 1% of the fan base. The rest of us are smart enough to keep our mouths shut. I hope he gets himself straightened out and is able to make it on the field somewhere. Who knows, maybe his future will lead him back to PSU.

It was enough to the point that McLean mentioned it.

But I'm a troll. Because I think Donovan is incompetent.

Seeing as how you joined this board not too long before yesterday (9/10/15), as a TU Troll you have no real basis for knowing or commenting on the PSU Fan Base.

I joined this board to voice my displeasure for John Donovan. I want his ass gone because that will make our offense and team better.

B1nR4X2IMAMuUuh.jpg
Had he just done a year at FUMA or Kiski like PSU wanted him to, he would have never found himself in this position. Success With Honor Always.

I didn't know about the ACL surgery that's another huge difference he should have went to JUCO route let that heal while he got his grades and check

He needs to take care of the "big things", I'd say (i.e., Spend less time at camps and in the barber shop and more time in the classroom). That said I agree, he always seemed like a good kid. I hope he gets it together and fulfills his goals (somewhere).

Way to take a shot at the kid.

I joined this board to voice my displeasure for John Donovan. I want his ass gone because that will make our offense and team better.
I'm sure that fan outrage on a message board is the decision maker for FB Staff retention.

Way to take a shot at the kid.

Sometimes the truth hurts, dork. Rest assured he's not spending his Friday evenings preparing for virtual jihad by monitoring "mentions" on random sports message boards, so you can go ahead and pull your panties out of your crack.

I just think about the head case I was as a 17 y.o. freshman in 1968. Any athlete who earns a true 3.0 in an academic program has my respect. And some just don't have that ability. That's part of why so many schools enjoyed tearing down JVP...because he won with smart kids and made all the cheaters look worse for their efforts.

Edsall lied through his teeth to everyone. Saying Adam was qualified within a month of decommiting from PSU was nothing more than a publicity stunt and ploy to help MD recruiting. Adam was used and should have listened to coach Franklin and gone to prep school. It's a shame there are so many huckster coaches and people in general that have no integrity. Guess Edsall and Maryland finally had to fess up or go the route of Kyle Flood and Rutgers.

I truly feel bad for Adam. Seems like a good kid that had trouble swallowing some pride. Unfortunately, I think Maryland sold him up the creek. For whatever reason, while Franklin told him the truth about what he needed to do, Maryland convinced him otherwise. He had what he wanted in the Penn State offer, he just had to work harder at the things that might not have been as easy or fun for him. Maryland said come to us and forget the hard work line PSU has given you. In the end, it seems Adam got burned.

Sometimes the truth hurts, dork. Rest assured he's not spending his Friday evenings preparing for virtual jihad by monitoring "mentions" on random sports message boards, so you can go ahead and pull your panties out of your crack.

Yeah, I remember when he got that hair cut, EVERYONE was pumped about it. Now since he isn't here and made some mistakes, he is a loser, needs to be in the classroom 24/7, etc..

Some of you are unreal.

Yeah, I remember when he got that hair cut, EVERYONE was pumped about it. Now since he isn't here and made some mistakes, he is a loser, needs to be in the classroom 24/7, etc..

Some of you are unreal.

What are you prattling on about? The kid isn't eligible. He obviously needs to spend more time working on academics. You're making a big deal out of nothing.

What are you prattling on about? The kid isn't eligible. He obviously needs to spend more time working on academics. You're making a big deal out of nothing.

Read Rutgers fan, I know it's hard for you.

Taking a shot at the kid now and saying stuff like He needs to spend less time with his barber and more in the classroom is pretty moronic IMO.

Some of you are unreal.

Haven't heard anyone call him a loser... i've heard some suggestions but what i've mostly heard is that we wish he had listened to Franklin but hope he can get his act in order and become successful.

maybe i've heard wrong.. sure didn't see anyone writing he was a loser.

Read Rutgers fan, I know it's hard for you.

Taking a shot at the kid now and saying stuff like He needs to spend less time with his barber and more in the classroom is pretty moronic IMO.

Rutgers fan? Perhaps I have him mixed him up with another UCF fan.. but i sure thought he was on board here for the UCF game... which kinda makes sense. maybe i'm wrong and he's a scarlet knights fan, after all. don't think so... but...

Edsall lied through his teeth to everyone. Saying Adam was qualified within a month of decommiting from PSU was nothing more than a publicity stunt and ploy to help MD recruiting. Adam was used and should have listened to coach Franklin and gone to prep school. It's a shame there are so many huckster coaches and people in general that have no integrity. Guess Edsall and Maryland finally had to fess up or go the route of Kyle Flood and Rutgers.
You are right about that.....Edsall is a scumbag of epic proportions.

He is certainly on the top of the lists ..... of guys who I enjoy seeing getting kicked in the ass on Saturday afternoon.

Reactions: Blueblood4eva

B1nR4X2IMAMuUuh.jpg

Maryland really screwed him. If this quote is correct, i.e. he's " no longer enrolled", then not only did MD feed him a bs bill of goods, they have also started his eligibility clock by initially enrolling him. Had he gone the prep school route, that wouldn't have been the case.

Just proves that Edsal is a true P.O.S. and should serve as a warning for any player thinking of going to MD. He will tell you anything you want to hear to serve his interests and then drop you like a rock when things go bad.

Anyone who is still under the delusion that he wasn't behind the whole no handshake last year should wake up.

Reactions: Blueblood4eva

You are exactly spot on - this was an Edsall stunt. The guy is utter slime - more like Beckman from Illinois (well was from Illinois)

All the above discussion aside, I hope the staff reaches our to the kid and lays out a plan for him to eventually enroll at Penn State. At least give him the option to come to Penn State and rectify his initial mistake of not listening the our staff and going to MD. He should have realized by now that he made a colossal blunder by listening to Edsall and my have gotten serious about getting his football career and education on track. He may not suit up for a few years, but is certainly worth the effort.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT