ADVERTISEMENT

AKB: Non-Disney fun in Orlando

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
I'm going to be in Orlando for an event over a long weekend next month. Looking to ping on extended Nittany Network for recommendations.

I have responsibilities Thursday and Friday nights and *maybe* Saturday night, but Sunday night I'll be free to go out for a bit of nightlife.

Is there a "centralized" area of bars and restaurants? I'm staying near airport (Lake Nona) but can easily Uber to where ever (downtown??). Also, open to dining or brewery suggestions in Lake Nona.

Nothing Mouse Related please.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, Disney Springs. There are tons of restaurants/bars and shops/stores in one big area. There is even a pavilion that hosts bands for live music. I know you said non-Disney but I assume you meant non-Disney parks. It doesn't cost anything to simply go to Disney Springs.

Yes, Disney Springs. There are tons of restaurants/bars and shops/stores in one big area. There is even a pavilion that hosts bands for live music. I know you said non-Disney but I assume you meant non-Disney parks. It doesn't cost anything to simply go to Disney Springs.
Thanks. I'd prefer non-Disney period but will look into that as an option.

I'm going to be in Orlando for an event over a long weekend next month. Looking to ping on extended Nittany Network for recommendations.

I have responsibilities Thursday and Friday nights and *maybe* Saturday night, but Sunday night I'll be free to go out for a bit of nightlife.

Is there a "centralized" area of bars and restaurants? I'm staying near airport (Lake Nona) but can easily Uber to where ever (downtown??). Also, open to dining or brewery suggestions in Lake Nona.

Nothing Mouse Related please.

Thanks in advance.
Orlando has a really great website where you can slice and dice. "Next month" is both Octoberfest and Halloween so there are a lot of choices. Plus, football. Golf is still good as well.

Thanks. I'd prefer non-Disney period but will look into that as an option.
There is also an equivalent at Universal Studios - Orlando called City Walk.

I was just at the City Walk at Universal LA, but on a weeknight and it wasn’t very active. Have to imagine it’s pretty packed on a weekend. LA is obviously different city than Orlando but I recall the parks being similar.

About 4-5 years ago I went to downtown where there were a lot of bars, many which were whiskey bars. I don’t know how it is now, though. My main entertainment in the Orlando area now is going to visit my 2 year old granddaughter.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Orlando has a really great website where you can slice and dice. "Next month" is both Octoberfest and Halloween so there are a lot of choices. Plus, football. Golf is still good as well.

Thanks for the website! That looks really helpful.

I'm there the weekend before Halloween so that may be promising (although I likely won't be able to bring a costume).

I looked into going to the UCF-BYU game but time is TBD and I would only be free in the evening.

Golf...lol. No. Might as well suggest pickleball ;-)

There is also an equivalent at Universal Studios - Orlando called City Walk.

I was just at the City Walk at Universal LA, but on a weeknight and it wasn’t very active. Have to imagine it’s pretty packed on a weekend. LA is obviously different city than Orlando but I recall the parks being similar.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm generally not a big fan of corporate/touristy stuff associated with Universal or Disney. I'd be more of a fan of going out where locals go out (if such an area exists).

About 4-5 years ago I went to downtown where there were a lot of bars, many which were whiskey bars. I don’t know how it is now, though. My main entertainment in the Orlando area now is going to visit my 2 year old granddaughter.
Thanks. I think I see an area downtown that might be fun but hoping some locals might chime in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT