ADVERTISEMENT

Football All the TV Ratings for Penn State this 2023 college football season

You have to ask yourself how much value Rutgers adds to the conference, when they are one of the lowest viewed games of our season.

From a viewership perspective, they rivaled UMass.
It's the only game on FS1 so kind of hard to make a real comparison

If you look across all of the networks this year, Penn State had 40+ million viewers. Rutgers had 12.6 million.

Yeah, obviously we have way more but it's tough to compare
Penn State-Rutgers on FS1 to Penn State/Illinois on NBC, Penn State/Indiana on CBS or Penn State/Maryland on FOX. Games on networks like FS1 (especially after we lost our second game) are going to see much lower ratings simply because a lot of people don't have cable let alone FS1. Plus we'd have to see what other games are on at the same time.
This isn't claiming Rutgers is a draw--just tough if we aren't comparing comparable situations.
Even on the link you provided--of course they're going to be MUCH lower when they're only on network TV twice. Part of that is because they aren't good and aren't a draw but Rutgers/NW getting 2.6M on CBS is pretty good if we're being honset.

Yeah, obviously we have way more but it's tough to compare
Penn State-Rutgers on FS1 to Penn State/Illinois on NBC, Penn State/Indiana on CBS or Penn State/Maryland on FOX. Games on networks like FS1 (especially after we lost our second game) are going to see much lower ratings simply because a lot of people don't have cable let alone FS1. Plus we'd have to see what other games are on at the same time.
This isn't claiming Rutgers is a draw--just tough if we aren't comparing comparable situations.
Even on the link you provided--of course they're going to be MUCH lower when they're only on network TV twice. Part of that is because they aren't good and aren't a draw but Rutgers/NW getting 2.6M on CBS is pretty good if we're being honset.
that almost seems implausible, the NW game. Perhaps people wanted to see the NW dumpster fire after letting Fitz go. But who the hell wants to see NW/R? That is more than double PSU's ratings against NW. Doesn't seem possible.

One of the issues with college football, and all of TV, is that it is impossible to find shows. One Saturday, I counted 12 college games on my Hulu feed at the same time. That didn't include ones on other nights or steamed on pay feeds. I followed Ohio University and saw almost every game. But I had to do ten minutes of research to find the game for that week as they were on different times, they had Saturday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday games and on all different networks. Oh for a TV Guide.

5576c1269009da9653744e81b8eb682695a8b4c2.19830924_c1_620.jpg

that almost seems implausible, the NW game. Perhaps people wanted to see the NW dumpster fire after letting Fitz go. But who the hell wants to see NW/R? That is more than double PSU's ratings against NW. Doesn't seem possible.

One of the issues with college football, and all of TV, is that it is impossible to find shows. One Saturday, I counted 12 college games on my Hulu feed at the same time. That didn't include ones on other nights or steamed on pay feeds. I followed Ohio University and saw almost every game. But I had to do ten minutes of research to find the game for that week as they were on different times, they had Saturday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday games and on all different networks. Oh for a TV Guide.

I use this, the guy does this each week for all teams. Breaks it down by time slot, conference and top 25.

Reactions: NedFromYork

Yeah I was shocked by that number as well--rolling with it and pretending it was correct but that's a lot of viewers for a horrible game.

1983, how many times could you see Lucy?

I believe the RU/NW game was Labor Day Sunday, i.e. the only game on at the tlme.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT