ADVERTISEMENT

And On A Political Note, Demlion Is Running For The BOT

DavidM

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2002
Annapolis, MD
As some of you may know, Larry Schultz and I, along with the help of a few other Penn Staters, organized a Rally For Resignations in September 2012, and followed up with another smaller affair about six weeks later. Larry made quite a splash as an activist, speaker, and advocate for transparency following the outrageous NCAA sanctions and Consent Decree, and was completely supportive of me when I campaigned, unsuccessfully as it turned out, for a seat on the Penn State Board of Trustees.

Larry was recently approached by others about a possible run for a seat on the BOT, and I was one of a number of people who encouraged him to accept the challenge and give it his best effort. He has a Facebook page worth looking at: https://www.facebook.com/LarrySchultz4PSU/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

If you don't deal with Facebook, here is a brief statement from Larry:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am in it to win it.

The change we have achieved is good and the credit for that change goes to those of you who have worked so hard since November 2011 to make it happen. But we need to go faster. We need to Speed the Change. I have the skills to help that happen in 2016.

I got in this race because people I admire and respect, some of whom everyone knows and some of whom only a few people know, asked me to run. Some had words of caution, but all of them told me to go. I'm going.

I pledge to campaign in a civil manner. My argument is not with any person currently serving as an alumni trustee. My argument is about how to make more change faster. Nominations begin January 15. Request a ballot here: http://www.psu.edu/trustees/2016election/index.html

Let's get to work! Please share this page with every Penn Stater you know, and ask them to do the same. Thanks for reading this.

If you are willing to nominate him, his full name is Lawrence M Schultz, and he was Class of 1980.
I will support Larry's candidacy without reservation, and hope that others will do the same. Regards, David Mullaly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News