ADVERTISEMENT

Another martyr for the cause.....

Ski

May 29, 2001
............of the most dangerous profession in America.

Boi f'k'd 'roun' 'n' foun' out.

Rapper Rollie Bands Killed After Taunting Enemies on Instagram

Tampa, Florida rapper Rollie Bands was fatally shot over the weekend after posting a message on Instagram telling his enemies he was on his way home if they “want smoke.”

“A lot of these ni–as kno [sic] where I live at fr,” he wrote in an Instagram Story, according to a screengrab captured by media outlet Onsite! “I sleep in peace. If a ni–a want smoke I’m at my crib in 5 mins.”

A short time later, an adult male was gunned down in the parking lot of an apartment complex at 12708 Bruce B Downs Boulevard in Tampa, authorities said.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office released a press release saying the shooting occurred on Friday, July 22, at 3:30 p.m., and the victim likely knew his killers.

“The victim was transported to a local hospital, where despite receiving lifesaving measures, he later died,” the sheriff’s office said. “At this time, the shooting does not appear random, as the suspects and victim are possibly known to each other.”

The gunman drove off before sheriff’s deputies arrived. It’s unclear how many suspects were involved.

Rollie Bands had six videos on his YouTube Channel. A music video for the single “Reminiscin'” was posted in April and had just over 25,500 views. Fans paid tribute to the up-and-coming rapper in the comments section on YouTube following news of his death.

“I live out here in Tampa and never heard of him til now n that’s sad. We can’t be tempting people while trying to elevate! Dude had a flow that would make it! RIP,” one person wrote.

“RIP, hella talent,” another person added.

“Rip to the upcoming goat in heaven, bless the gates with your awesome voice,” someone else posted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News