ADVERTISEMENT

Another thing that Michigan is better at than Ohio St

Most of our fanbase has given their consent and approval of Michigan’s cheating.
Not true at all. I would wager either none or extremely few approve. What is true is that most realize we live a corrupt world, play in a corrupt conference, and there little we can do about it.

Last edited:
Apples and oranges. You’d be amazed how much better you can play when you know what play the other team is going to run beforehand.
No doubt. But you'd also be amazed how much better you can play when you've bought an entire team of more highly rated players. For probably a decade or more, Ohio St has had more 5-star players on its roster than the rest of the Big 10 combined. That is a nearly insurmountable advantage.

Most of our fanbase has given their consent and approval of Michigan’s cheating.
Most people in general don't care. Consent or approval wasn't requested or needed. Michigan simply handled the aftermath well so it faded into nothing. Society, in general, has a short memory so the sooner people stop fighting it the sooner it dies.

If he was as important as Hartline he'd still be employed l. Just like Zordich and others remained on the team
Offensive coordinator with 2 DUIs including sending 2 people (one himself) to the hospital vs college player with one offense and served punishment? Not equivalent.

I think people expect a certain percentage of college kids to make a mistake and learn from it. Your offensive coordinator who now has a pattern of driving while intoxicated? That's a different expectation. But in win without morals culture, I guess it makes sense.

Most people in general don't care. Consent or approval wasn't requested or needed. Michigan simply handled the aftermath well so it faded into nothing. Society, in general, has a short memory so the sooner people stop fighting it the sooner it dies.

In the digital age of instant and constant information, the public's attention span is very short indeed. The dogs bark...the caravan moves on. Similarly, the outrage threshold is now very high. People's moral sensitivities have been numbed.

That said, we haven't heard the last about the Michigan-cheating scandal. The NCAA is still investigating -- don't giggle -- and sanctions of some sort could still happen. But they're not about to strip the Wolverines of their national championship, which was ultimately the objective of the project, and besides that, the guilty parties have already gotten out of Dodge. So if some sort of punishment is in the end handed down, I'm guessing it will be toothless...and anti-climactic.

No doubt. But you'd also be amazed how much better you can play when you've bought an entire team of more highly rated players. For probably a decade or more, Ohio St has had more 5-star players on its roster than the rest of the Big 10 combined. That is a nearly insurmountable advantage.
And your proof that OSU was “buying” players pre-NIL is what? I don’t like OSU even a little bit but I don’t recall any proof of what you claim whereas Michigan’s sign stealing was proven. Even average players play better when they know what play is going to be run.

Reactions: dailybuck777
In the digital age of instant and constant information, the public's attention span is very short indeed. The dogs bark...the caravan moves on. Similarly, the outrage threshold is now very high. People's moral sensitivities have been numbed.

That said, we haven't heard the last about the Michigan-cheating scandal. The NCAA is still investigating -- don't giggle -- and sanctions of some sort could still happen. But they're not about to strip the Wolverines of their national championship, which was ultimately the objective of the project, and besides that, the guilty parties have already gotten out of Dodge. So if some sort of punishment is in the end handed down, I'm guessing it will be toothless...and anti-climactic.
Yep Harbaugh with the Petey Carroll move.

I told you not to giggle, Spin.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Offensive coordinator with 2 DUIs including sending 2 people (one himself) to the hospital vs college player with one offense and served punishment? Not equivalent.

I think people expect a certain percentage of college kids to make a mistake and learn from it. Your offensive coordinator who now has a pattern of driving while intoxicated? That's a different expectation. But in win without morals culture, I guess it makes sense.
No one cares about Hartline's DUIs. Other than you.
We wouldn't have fired Hartline either just to be clear. He's also going to get a HC role very soon so you'll likely be confused when that happens too.

A DUI is a DUI--period. You can't be angry about one and dismissive of another.

And your proof that OSU was “buying” players pre-NIL is what? I don’t like OSU even a little bit but I don’t recall any proof of what you claim whereas Michigan’s sign stealing was proven. Even average players play better when they know what play is going to be run.
Are you serious? There were many cases of Ohio St players suddenly coming into money. Probably the best-known instance was Mo Clarett as a true freshman from a low-income family living in an upscale apartment driving an expensive SUV. AJ Hawk had like $10k in electronics and cash stolen from his apartment. Most college kids don't have that just laying around. They had players actually caught with $500 handshakes. There is a laundry list. Way too much to all be coincidence.

And, if there is punishment, it will be forgotten about almost immediately unless it has an impact on the field moving forward.
For example, people would have forgotten USC was punished if Bush wasn't still trying to fight for his name.

Are you serious? There were many cases of Ohio St players suddenly coming into money. Probably the best-known instance was Mo Clarett as a true freshman from a low-income family living in an upscale apartment driving an expensive SUV. AJ Hawk had like $10k in electronics and cash stolen from his apartment. Most college kids don't have that just laying around. They had players actually caught with $500 handshakes. There is a laundry list. Way too much to all be coincidence.
Players magically come in to money at all schools including Penn State.

Players magically come in to money at all schools including Penn State.
There were a few schools where it was magically a lot more and lots of smoke. Ohio St was not alone although they were in a class of only a handful with payments to players.

Alabama was big on this with photos of cash and cars circulating on the internet with their players. They weren't the only SEC school that was NILing before NIL but they were probably doing it the most. That's why Bama rose to the top so quick after their sanctions.

There were a few schools where it was magically a lot more and lots of smoke. Ohio St was not alone although they were in a class of only a handful with payments to players.

Alabama was big on this with photos of cash and cars circulating on the internet with their players. They weren't the only SEC school that was NILing before NIL but they were probably doing it the most. That's why Bama rose to the top so quick after their sanctions.
Again, you do this thing where you have an issue with something but then put parameters on it. Cheating is cheating. Everyone does it.

Again, you do this thing where you have an issue with something but then put parameters on it. Cheating is cheating. Everyone does it.
So Enis showing up to the awards wearing a suit is the Clarett riding an expensive SUV from an upscale apartment wearing expensive jewelry? There are degrees and the sheer number of players with smoke around them taking huge payments at Ohio St and Alabama indicates that it was rampant.

So Enis showing up to the awards wearing a suit is the Clarett riding an expensive SUV from an upscale apartment wearing expensive jewelry? There are degrees and the sheer number of players with smoke around them taking huge payments at Ohio St and Alabama indicates that it was rampant.
Yes, it's cheating and a sign there's more behind it then just Enis having a suit. Don't be naive.

You want to see cheating in the SEC just check in on Auburn and Mississippi State back in the day it was like nonprofits sending money for missiles to Palestinian Terrorists under the guise of a humanitarian relief. NIL has shot the sheriff so now it's all out nuclear war. Not that there ever was a sheriff.

You want to see cheating in the SEC just check in on Auburn and Mississippi State back in the day it was like nonprofits sending money for missiles to Palestinian Terrorists under the guise of a humanitarian relief. NIL has shot the sheriff so now it's all out nuclear war. Not that there ever was a sheriff.
Well, they may have shot the sheriff, but they didn't shoot the deputy.

Maybe my memory is faulty but didn’t Paterno hold Enis out of the bowl game because his agent bought him that suit?

Maybe my memory is faulty but didn’t Paterno hold Enis out of the bowl game because his agent bought him that suit?
Holding someone out if a bowl game only benefits them. It's like missing a practice. Oh no. Guarantee he still got the SWAG.

Not just college sports. Look at what the Astro's got away with. It's a joke! Too bad I'm so addicted to sports.

Not just college sports. Look at what the Astro's got away with. It's a joke! Too bad I'm so addicted to sports.
Your elected officials say hold my beer. It's not a coincidence that many that "serve" (themselves) in Congress and other elected positions for most of their career end up with a net worth in the tens to hundreds of millions.

They actually fire staff that gets caught operating vehicles while intoxicated instead of promoting staff that has multiple offenses. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/denard-robinson-no-longer-with-michigan-football-following-owi-arrest/

Dude, you're a bit obsessed. I know you've done this with your prior usernames as well, but the inferiority complex you have with OSU makes us look ridiculous. Take some pride in our program, acknowledge that we're not at their level, and be a man about it. You're making really silly arguments.

Reactions: DUNNELLONFLBUCK
Dude, you're a bit obsessed. I know you've done this with your prior usernames as well, but the inferiority complex you have with OSU makes us look ridiculous. Take some pride in our program, acknowledge that we're not at their level, and be a man about it. You're making really silly arguments.
It's a silly argument that driving while intoxicated once is a fileable offense at Michigan (and to a Michigan legend at that) but at Ohio St a guy was promoted after driving while intoxicated two different times including sending 2 to the hospital?

You don't see a difference in how that was handled? You think pointing that out makes Penn State look ridiculous? This has nothing to do with Penn St and I dislike Michigan equally as much as I dislike Ohio St. But it is just plain obvious that Michigan has doing this right over Ohio St as well. Then again, what don't they have over Ohio St these days?

Last edited:
It's a silly argument that driving while intoxicated once is a fileable offense at Michigan (and to a Michigan legend at that) but at Ohio St a guy was promoted after driving while intoxicated two different times including sending 2 to the hospital?

You don't see a difference in how that was handled? You think pointing that out makes Penn State look ridiculous? This has nothing to do with Penn St and I dislike Michigan equally as much as I dislike Ohio St. But it is just plain obvious that Michigan has doing this right over Ohio St as well. Then again, what don't they have over Ohio St these days?
It's your opinion if it's right. Again, Michigan isn't firing someone on Hartline's level. Nor would they. Nor would we.

It's your opinion if it's right. Again, Michigan isn't firing someone on Hartline's level. Nor would they. Nor would we.
I'm pretty sure Hartline would have been fired at most schools after a second driving while intoxicated incident which sent himself and another to the hospital. Is Ohio St waiting until the guy actually kills someone on the road?

I'm pretty sure Hartline would have been fired at most schools after a second driving while intoxicated incident which sent himself and another to the hospital. Is Ohio St waiting until the guy actually kills someone on the road?
No he wouldn't have. He has value and wouldn't be fired almost anywhere. Yes, if he kills someone then they'll pretend they care. His job is to win football games and prep players for the next level. He does those things well. Just like a guy with multiple DUIs is going to find a good job that doesn't require him to drive for work. Hartline can ride shotgun on recruiting visits.

No he wouldn't have. He has value and wouldn't be fired almost anywhere. Yes, if he kills someone then they'll pretend they care. His job is to win football games and prep players for the next level. He does those things well. Just like a guy with multiple DUIs is going to find a good job that doesn't require him to drive for work. Hartline can ride shotgun on recruiting visits.
Any school that gives a darn about molding young men and he would have been gone. There is a responsibility when you work with kids to conduct yourself in a way that models appropriate behavior. These kids may be getting NIL now, but they are still 18 to 22 years old.

A portion of our fan base looks the other way when OSU and UM do wrong and instead loves to complain about PSU when we have been at a big 2 designed structural disadvantage since we joined this conference.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT