ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Cassar MMA

“It’s the best place to wrestle. Period,” Cassar said. “Outside of that, if you have goals of being an Olympic champ or UFC champ, it’s by far the best stop. You’re going to have the best wrestlers, the best coaches, teammates, atmosphere, mindset at American Top Team Happy Valley. That’s going to develop stronger and stronger over the years and become the ultimate powerhouse. It’s going to be a no-brainer for young wrestlers coming up.”

The guy he's fighting has a 3-18 record. I like Tony's chances.

campbells-tomato-soup-484.jpg

Oddly enough I hadn't seen that before. Its been a long time since I have seen a fighter lifted off his feet from a punch. No knockout, but wow, that is some impressive power. Anthony the great!

Reactions: District four
“It’s the best place to wrestle. Period,” Cassar said. “Outside of that, if you have goals of being an Olympic champ or UFC champ, it’s by far the best stop. You’re going to have the best wrestlers, the best coaches, teammates, atmosphere, mindset at American Top Team Happy Valley. That’s going to develop stronger and stronger over the years and become the ultimate powerhouse. It’s going to be a no-brainer for young wrestlers coming up.”
“There’s only like 12-15 guys in the NLWC, which is what we’re a part of, and the college team has like 37-40 guys, so whoever’s showing up,” Cassar explained. “Right now, we’re doing combo practices, but then we’ll split back up soon. Anywhere from 18 to 40, all scrapping.”

That’s what we do!

Anthony mentioned on his podcast recently that he has troubles finding opponents right now, which is frustrating. It makes sense nobody wants to fight a 1-0 fighter but they know is a NCAA wrestling champion with ATT fully invested in teaching them BJJ and Striking as well. Established fighters definitely don't want to put a perfect record on the line against a guy they know could be levels above them but they wouldn't get much credit for beating a rookie either.

Another interesting thing is Anthony said he isn't set on going to the UFC, though he acknowledged it is obviously the elite promotion. He said PFL intrigues him since the season format is really cool and obviously they pay extremely well. Bellator as well notoriously takes better care of their wrestlers. I still get vibes that he is gunning for the UFC though.

Anthony mentioned on his podcast recently that he has troubles finding opponents right now, which is frustrating. It makes sense nobody wants to fight a 1-0 fighter but they know is a NCAA wrestling champion with ATT fully invested in teaching them BJJ and Striking as well. Established fighters definitely don't want to put a perfect record on the line against a guy they know could be levels above them but they wouldn't get much credit for beating a rookie either.

Another interesting thing is Anthony said he isn't set on going to the UFC, though he acknowledged it is obviously the elite promotion. He said PFL intrigues him since the season format is really cool and obviously they pay extremely well. Bellator as well notoriously takes better care of their wrestlers. I still get vibes that he is gunning for the UFC though.
Hard to believe he can't find an opponent. Seems like everyone wants to brawl these days.

Hard to believe he can't find an opponent. Seems like everyone wants to brawl these days.
Tell him to wear a MAGA hat in his next interview. If that doesn't get him a fight, then he can wear a Biden/Harris hat in the next interview. He will certainly get a fight after that.

Totally meant as a joke. I DO NOT want or intend to start a political debate.

Last edited:
No one wants the AC smoke. Even the UFC fighters know not to mess with NLWC
I hope you are kidding. Most UFC heavy’s would beat Cassar at this point. His wrestling and athleticism are off the charts but there is more to mma than that. Pico is a great example and he had golden gloves boxing experience as well. I think Cassar will get there and probably do really well but not yet. His striking has a longgg way to go still

I hope you are kidding. Most UFC heavy’s would beat Cassar at this point. His wrestling and athleticism are off the charts but there is more to mma than that. Pico is a great example and he had golden gloves boxing experience as well. I think Cassar will get there and probably do really well but not yet. His striking has a longgg way to go still
He's also a 205 right now.

Agreed, heavyweight is a huge crapshoot, mainly because almost all those guys have knockout power so your chin better be tested going into it. That being said, Anthony's wrestling would overwhelm anyone in that division IMO not named Stipe or Jon Jones.

But once again, he's starting at 205.

Reactions: hlstone and zzs006
Tell him to wear a MAGA hat in his next interview. If that doesn't get him a fight, then he can wear a Biden/Harris hat in the next interview. He will certainly get a fight after that.

Totally meant as a joke. I DO NOT want or intend to start a political debate.
hey turk aren't you available!!

One of my favorite on-screen gags I've seen in recent times was when Larry David wore a MAGA hat so people would quit randomly talking to him in LA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT