ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Antonio Branch Jr. flips from Penn State to Colorado

Sucks but it is a long season. Colorado won a very exciting game where they were outplayed by Baylor, tied it with a hail mary and won in overtime. the buffs have a very soft schedule but I think they'd be more like a .500 team in the B1G. Neb curb stomped them and I think Illinois and Indy would too.

Sucks but it is a long season. Colorado won a very exciting game where they were outplayed by Baylor, tied it with a hail mary and won in overtime. the buffs have a very soft schedule but I think they'd be more like a .500 team in the B1G. Neb curb stomped them and I think Illinois and Indy would too.
This student-athlete, and I say that with my tongue firmly inplanted in my cheek, will be playing for some school in Florida, if not mutilple ones, before his career is all over, and I would've said that even if he had kept his verbal commitment. Just wait until he sees his first snowflake, let alone massive snowfall, in Boulder and wants to come running home; I'd almost pay to see that.

This is another example of why I basically assume that any kid who verbally commits to PSU from Florida eventually will decommit, so I don't even count them. Based on recent evidence, it's becoming a big waste of time for PSU to recruit these Florida kids because they almost nevr, if ever, keep their commitments.

Colorado’s results this weekend had zero to do with this. This is all about NIL and $$$$.

Reactions: 19333lion
Colorado’s results this weekend had zero to do with this. This is all about NIL and $$$$.
It’s also about fame, not just fortune. These kids know going to Prime gets them prime time. Look how many if their games get covered. And the kids get a lot of interviews. Social media hits.

They love the attention

kruithne-tombstone.gif

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
ZZZzzzzzzz.....As Artie Johnson used to say on "Laugh-In"...."very interesting, but stupid"

Who cares where this kid plans to "eat". Guess it won't be Hoss's in State College

Reactions: PSUPride1
Is this really true for every recruit? I mean, that's almost becoming a trite rationale.
Exactly. Plenty of kids are OK with a scholarship, good exposure, and a high quality staff. It's not like every kid should be, nor even needs to be, swimming in loose bills.

Exactly. Plenty of kids are OK with a scholarship, good exposure, and a high quality staff. It's not like every kid should be, nor even needs to be, swimming in loose bills.
I say this because, based on the ratings, which often aren't indicative of how good a kid is, this kid is a 3-star. I can't imagine that he's a candidate to receive substantial money to play for a school.

Reactions: mgkpsu
maybe...it didn't hurt that he saw a great game where the fans stormed the field. If I know one thing about 18 year olds it is that they have difficulty separating logic from emotion. This smells like an emotional decision.

maybe...it didn't hurt that he saw a great game where the fans stormed the field. If I know one thing about 18 year olds it is that they have difficulty separating logic from emotion. This smells like an emotional decision.
Probably true, but Winston possibly coming back next year after injury rehab, may have been a component. —Some unknown variables here, but definitely possible depending on injury.

Reactions: Obliviax
This recruit was gone as soon as he announced that he was going to visit Colorado.

Not so sure everything is about NIL.

I read that the super freshman WR for OSU - and #1 recruit Jeremy Smith - was offered WAY more NIL by other schools than OSU but he took into account playing under Brian Hartline and OSU's constant stream of first round WR draftees and thought the long term payoff was far better at OSU. FSU and Miami were offering massive amounts of upfront money - supposedly.

And tradition and results will also work in PSU's favor when going against lesser football schools for a recruit. Not all about NIL

Last edited:
Reactions: The Spin Meister
This student-athlete, and I say that with my tongue firmly inplanted in my cheek, will be playing for some school in Florida, if not mutilple ones, before his career is all over, and I would've said that even if he had kept his verbal commitment. Just wait until he sees his first snowflake, let alone massive snowfall, in Boulder and wants to come running home; I'd almost pay to see that.

This is another example of why I basically assume that any kid who verbally commits to PSU from Florida eventually will decommit, so I don't even count them. Based on recent evidence, it's becoming a big waste of time for PSU to recruit these Florida kids because they almost nevr, if ever, keep their commitments.
What nonsense!
Elliot Washington
Zane Durant
Cam Miller
Jon Mitchell
Antoine Bellgrave-Shorter

Should PSU not recruit Texas, too. Lol

Last edited:
Not so sure everything is about NIL.

I read that the super freshman WR for OSU - and #1 recruit Jeremy Smith - was offered WAY more NIL by other schools than OSU but he took into account playing under Brian Hartline and OSU's constant stream of first round WR draftees and thought the long term payoff was far better at OSU. FSU and Miami were offering massive amounts of upfront money - supposedly.

And tradition and results will also work in PSU's favor when going against lesser football schools for a recruit. Not all about NIL
Doubt it O$U 20 $M added to NIL budget

Prime is not a good coach. I don't see either UF or FSU taking a chance on him. Agree that Prome will bolt after this season when his QB son & Travis Hunter go pro.
Agree and I am not sure that is a sustainable model. He's got a few very good athletes but the team seems to be totally dependent upon them. A good team will expose their weaknesses whereas the teams that don't have the depth will suffer against them. You have to make them play your game and not theirs.

Reactions: RickinDayton
We'll be just fine. The kid made a business decision of one sort or another. Good luck to him. We'll get someone to take his scholarship that we'll be happy with. It will work out well, I suspect.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Colorado is a sh&t program and won 4 games last year. They beat Baylor who absolutely sucks. This kid is chasing money. No big loss. Neon most likely won't be there next year after his 2 kids leave. Why Florida or Florida State would hire him is beyond me.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Colorado is a sh&t program and won 4 games last year. They beat Baylor who absolutely sucks. This kid is chasing money. No big loss. Neon most likely won't be there next year after his 2 kids leave. Why Florida or Florida State would hire him is beyond me.
Agreed. Short term thinking equals long term problems.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Prime is not a good coach. I don't see either UF or FSU taking a chance on him. Agree that Prome will bolt after this season when his QB son & Travis Hunter go pro.
His oldest son, Shilo, 24, is also done after this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT