ADVERTISEMENT

Any predictions on two PSU receiver recruits due to announce this month?

Why do so many of you disregard the function of time. The ratings, for what they are worth, are not yet finalized.
PSU's average recruit is ranked around .89 which is currently 17th according to On3. I think we have 21 commits and the next few targets are ranked at or below that level. PSU could move up a few spots but there is virtually NO CHANCE that we finish with a top 10 class.

This class is decent but it's far from elite and it's 85% complete.

PSU's average recruit is ranked around .89 which is currently 17th according to On3. I think we have 21 commits and the next few targets are ranked at or below that level. PSU could move up a few spots but there is virtually NO CHANCE that we finish with a top 10 class.

Once again. It is the first 3rd of July not February/March.

Where in my post did I say it will be an elite class. Where did I say it would or would not be a top 10 class.

Who evaluates the evaluators of high school talent? No one.

Please. My only point was that the ranking changes from summer till the end of the athletes senior season when it is a bit more accurate but still inaccurate. Do I expect this class to be considered elite. No. Nor do I care that it is. Do any of the services account for how successive classes fit together. No.

As this class will not be elite, neither, apparently is your reading comprehension elite.

Reactions: RickinDayton

We will finish better than 17th. 10-15 which is solid. Not elite but are we really expecting elite, no. The key thing in my mind is a #12 rated recruiting class should have the talent to be capable of beating an elite top 5 class. Good coaching plays into that, obviously.

We will finish better than 17th. 10-15 which is solid. Not elite but are we really expecting elite, no. The key thing in my mind is a #12 rated recruiting class should have the talent to be capable of beating an elite top 5 class. Good coaching plays into that, obviously.
You are spot on. However, we can forget Elite till PSU gets off it's NIL High Horse. PSU will continue to be one of the best developers of talent in College football. But most college football players even the ones anointed 'elite' by the services will never realistically sniff the NFL or the CFL etc or will have a short tenure in those leagues. So, NIL means they get a payday for 3 to 5 years. Good coaching and development can result in a top 15 class beating a top 5 class, all other things being equal (wherever that may be).

I agree that a top 15 class should be able to beat a top 5 class every 4 years or so.

I disagree that we'll finish as high as 10. Maybe 14-15. Our highest ranked commit is just barely in the top 100.

There is supposed to be a live stream of the Lex Cyrus commitment. He’s deciding between PSU and South Carolina. Announcement at 3pm today.

I agree that a top 15 class should be able to beat a top 5 class every 4 years or so.

I disagree that we'll finish as high as 10. Maybe 14-15. Our highest ranked commit is just barely in the top 100.

Huh. You don't think they are elite but you then expect them to beat elite teams. Funny how you flip on issues.

PSU got the 8th highest ranked recruit in their home state. If you consider that a win I think you've set the bar pretty low.

Thy are recruiting well enough for you to pick them over OSU every year.

Yeah that is a possibility or he is slow playing us. I asked Richie or Dylan a while back about Cyrus and they thought we could get him when we wanted to. In this day and age that could mean pulling together an NIL offer.

I read that too which made me think they were holding him off til the kid from Texas commits.

PSU recruiting is currently ranked in the top 10 but there are roughly 15 teams with higher average rating per recruit. That's probably closer to where we'll finish.

That's no bad but it's well short of the #6 class from 2022.

Do you use average recruit rank when schools with more recruits but a lower average are ahead of psu?

Could this be another late trend similar to Cyrus right before announcement day? 🤷🏽

Taz has an official visit scheduled with Baylor on July 29th. I believe he took official visits to all other teams that are in the hunt, except the Bears. Also, just saw this:

Taz has an official visit scheduled with Baylor on July 29th. I believe he took official visits to all other teams that are in the hunt, except the Bears. Also, just saw this:

Baylor head coach Dave Aranda didn't waste time explaining what it takes to be successful in the world of modern college football recruiting, and his own team's recent success on that front.

"We're paying players," Aranda told reporters at Big 12 Media Days.

Asked if it was that simple, Aranda replied: "Yes."

I hate NIL. Well, I cannot deny it would hurt to lose out on him as well, but we have two good looking commits with good size now. Hope we get one more wr in this class.

Reactions: RickinDayton
I hate NIL. Well, I cannot deny it would hurt to lose out on him as well, but we have two good looking commits with good size now. Hope we get one more wr in this class.
NIL didn't stop us at any other position group.

It's Hagans.

NIL didn't stop us at any other position group.

It's Hagans.
I fear you are right. Unfortunately UVA is not known to be a football power and his experience and skills there are not translating to big boy football. He also ran wr room last year that practice and meetings were optional.

Reactions: psu00
Do you use average recruit rank when schools with more recruits but a lower average are ahead of psu?
Yes. Rutgers is having a great year (16th) if you look at the current rankings but that's because they have 29 commits. They were listed in the top 10 at one point but it wasn't going to hold given that their average recruit ranking is only 88.6. I doubt they stay finish in the top 20 but it's still a good year for them.

247 currently has PSU ranked 9th but I would be surprised if schools like FSU, Mich, Auburn, Clemson, Tenn, and Texas pass us in the final rankings. That would put us around 15th unless we get a couple of higher ranked kids who aren't currently leaning towards PSU.

Doesn't he announce in 2 days or did that get delayed for his Baylor visit? If he delayed his announcement then we aren't getting him. Even if he does announce on Saturday my confidence is low.

Yes. Rutgers is having a great year (16th) if you look at the current rankings but that's because they have 29 commits. They were listed in the top 10 at one point but it wasn't going to hold given that their average recruit ranking is only 88.6. I doubt they stay finish in the top 20 but it's still a good year for them.

247 currently has PSU ranked 9th but I would be surprised if schools like FSU, Mich, Auburn, Clemson, Tenn, and Texas pass us in the fi

Rutgers is having a great year with a lower average ranking than PSU?

The reality is you flop based on which stat makes PSU look bad. IF PSU is top 10 you ignore that stat and use average player ranking. If PSU has a high average player ranking and a small class you then complain about actual ranking. If PSU is ranked high and has a good average player ranking you complain about which state the players are from.

Obrien was right about the Joebots.

Definitely been difficult in PA for PSU recruiting. It appears as another poster wrote, "money talks" and PSU is being outbid. I am bummed about what has transpired across college football.
Ohio State and Oregon are reported to have much more NIL money than PSU but schools like Baylor, Duke, and South Carolina certainly don't. I wonder if the staff is prioritizing payments to current players over payments to future players.

I'm also concerned that the big money donors are being hit up for stadium renovation money and that's diluting the money available for NIL.

Ohio State and Oregon are reported to have much more NIL money than PSU but schools like Baylor, Duke, and South Carolina certainly don't. I wonder if the staff is prioritizing payments to current players over payments to future players.

I'm also concerned that the big money donors are being hit up for stadium renovation money and that's diluting the money available for NIL.
Something wonky happened with Cyrus. I don't know for sure, obviously. He seemed a sure get for us. I think we pissed him off by not being totally committed to him and South Carolina came calling with NIL money and the pitch that we really love you. Next thing you know he loves South Carolina. The guy is 90 rated/highest WR in PA. He is not a mid 3 star dude. Why would we have not made a big push to land him much earlier? Especially given our WR issues. Maybe we did but I don't think we did. Maybe we land Williams but I have my doubts, just don't see that breaking in our favor. If we don't get any other 4 star WRs then this will be a disappointing recruiting effort at a position of need.

NIL cash is not advertising money unless it is in the form of vehicles etc where it can be photographed... Etc. stadium sponsorship is an easy write off.

It really doesn't take a lot of NIL cash to buy most players. Don't be fooled. South Carolina alum and boosters can come up with the necessary $ to buy a few select players in a heartbeat.

PSU is just being older than old school.
Something wonky happened with Cyrus. I don't know for sure, obviously. He seemed a sure get for us. I think we pissed him off by not being totally committed to him and South Carolina came calling with NIL money and the pitch that we really love you. Next thing you know he loves South Carolina. The guy is 90 rated/highest WR in PA. He is not a mid 3 star dude. Why would we have not made a big push to land him much earlier? Especially given our WR issues. Maybe we did but I don't think we did. Maybe we land Williams but I have my doubts, just don't see that breaking in our favor. If we don't get any other 4 star WRs then this will be a disappointing recruiting effort at a position of need.
They have been on him for a long time. Why make up reasons that we are wildly speculative. No one knows why but him.

NIL cash is not advertising money unless it is in the form of vehicles etc where it can be photographed... Etc. stadium sponsorship is an easy write off.

It really doesn't take a lot of NIL cash to buy most players. Don't be fooled. South Carolina alum and boosters can come up with the necessary $ to buy a few select players in a heartbeat.

PSU is just being older than old school.

They have been on him for a long time. Why make up reasons that we are wildly speculative. No one knows why but him.
Whatever it is a bad miss by Franklin, etc. We better get another 4 star WR.

Our residents publishers switched their CBs to Baylor around midnight for Taz Williams Jr.

Our residents publishers switched their CBs to Baylor around midnight for Taz Williams Jr.
Rivals had PSU 67% as of 5:30pm last night. Baylor not even in the running. He has not even taken an official visit to Baylor.

I sure hope that wasn't the strategy. Because Taz is trending heavily to Baylor.
So are the mods posting on the premium board that Williams is going to Baylor? I see they are posting content about him? Can you say or would you then have to kill me?

So are the mods posting on the premium board that Williams is going to Baylor? I see they are posting content about him? Can you say or would you then have to kill me?

I don't have premium, but I do know that Chad Simmons and pretty much everybody on On3 has logged picks for Baylor. He announces in 10 minutes, so I guess we'll see.

Losing momentum for both Lex Cyrus and Taz in the same week blows.

Rivals had PSU 67% as of 5:30pm last night. Baylor not even in the running. He has not even taken an official visit to Baylor.

The non paywall word is Baylor landed Taz's teammate (top 100 DL I believe, could be wrong tho) and that both guys started talking about being a package deal.

Ironically, there's no Baylor hat on the table at Taz's announcement. My guess is that'll pull the hat out of a bag or something, if in fact it's Baylor.

Edit: it's Baylor.

Last edited:
So another miss at WR. There's the Florida kid but I doubt that goes our way either. At that point what are we looking at? All 4 stars probably off the board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT