ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody going to Edinboro Friday?

Used2BEerie

Mar 25, 2015
Erie
Okie St is visiting the land of the Bagpipes. Too close to home for me to pass up the opportunity to see them in person. I already have my DVR programmed for our match so I will get to have a wrestling doubleheader Friday!:)

I'll be there also but it's only 15 minutes away. I was at Rec Hall this past Sunday and was disgusted at the 2 forfeits. Little tiny PSAC school Edinboro almost never forfeits a weight class.

Reactions: papride1
...last summmer, while vacationing at Chautauqua, I decided to drive down to see the Edinboro campus...
...I went there my freshman year -- in 1949-50 -- since at that time all Penn State freshman were "farmed out" to the state teacher colleges, depending on your major... the incoming football team members went to California STC, the Arts and Letters to Indiana STC, math and engineering to Edinboro STC, etc., etc. ...
...it was a great first year, the campus was spacious with lots of lawn and trees, the dining room for everyone was in the girl's dorm...
...BUT..."you can't go back!"... I didn't recognize the place... the Old Main of Edinboro had burned down, the spacious lawns are now dorms for more than 10,000 students... after 66 years of absence I should have not been surprised .. but it was sad...
...oh, well...

...last summmer, while vacationing at Chautauqua, I decided to drive down to see the Edinboro campus...
...I went there my freshman year -- in 1949-50 -- since at that time all Penn State freshman were "farmed out" to the state teacher colleges, depending on your major... the incoming football team members went to California STC, the Arts and Letters to Indiana STC, math and engineering to Edinboro STC, etc., etc. ...
...it was a great first year, the campus was spacious with lots of lawn and trees, the dining room for everyone was in the girl's dorm...
...BUT..."you can't go back!"... I didn't recognize the place... the Old Main of Edinboro had burned down, the spacious lawns are now dorms for more than 10,000 students... after 66 years of absence I should have not been surprised .. but it was sad...
...oh, well...
WOW!!!! You're older than I am. :D I am not saying how old I am.

I'll be there also but it's only 15 minutes away. I was at Rec Hall this past Sunday and was disgusted at the 2 forfeits. Little tiny PSAC school Edinboro almost never forfeits a weight class.

From what I've heard, NW is limited to 18 kids total on their roster and obviously you can only bring 15 with you. Three kids failing skin check Sunday is a good excuse.

From what I've heard, NW is limited to 18 kids total on their roster and obviously you can only bring 15 with you. Three kids failing skin check Sunday is a good excuse.
Not speaking to limits: NW's actual roster has only 18 wrestlers. And 3 or 4 of them are 285s.

Why does NU have a limit?? They are reeling in $40MM a year from the BIG Network as a "full member" and they have a 10 billion dollar endowment. $hit or get off the pot!

Why does NU have a limit?? They are reeling in $40MM a year from the BIG Network as a "full member" and they have a 10 billion dollar endowment. $hit or get off the pot!
Hypothetical: what happens if you can't get enough women to walk on at $65k per year tuition? Would that impact roster size on men's sports?

Close, but if I'm not mistaken, given that it was a single-road-dual weekend, I believe they were limited to only 13.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT