ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone ever watch "Aerial America" Smithsonian Channel? Pennsylvania on now!

I love the show. Until they start in w/ man's destruction of the environment in every episode. I thought they were very fair to JVP and actually expected it to be edited after the fact freeh report.

An aside, they need to do a lot of the states again w/ additional material/sites. They missed a lot, and there's a market for it.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I love the show. Until they start in w/ man's destruction of the environment in every episode. I thought they were very fair to JVP and actually expected it to be edited after the fact freeh report.

An aside, they need to do a lot of the states again w/ additional material/sites. They missed a lot, and there's a market for it.

Good stuff now on the City of Philadelphia. (I never thought I'd say anything remotely close to that!)

:eek:

I realize it was big news back then but there was really no need to talk about the scandal in the PA one. They should do an edit at this point.

We used to watch it regularly and enjoyed it. Interesting perspective from the air and the photography, especially in states throughout NE - Main, New Hampshire, etc, were beautiful. I have to say though, despite interesting tidbits, not much to see through the prairie states and the Dakotas.

Interesting point about the some 200 genetic defects in the Amish community.
Couldn't help but think of all the crooks in the state capitol building at one time when they showed it! Being from S. Williamsport, I thought they'd show the LL World series field but quite a few areas were not shown Scranton, Wilkes Barre, Allentown, Erie, and others.

Really? Venice has 423 bridges. Pittsburgh has more than that?

446. Really.
Affectionately known as the “City of Bridges,” Pittsburgh boasts 446 bridges – more than any other city in the world, including Venice, Italy.
Source: Heinz History Center

There is a book for sale on Amazon that talks about all of them.
Amazon product ASIN 0977042928

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT