ADVERTISEMENT

Apologist press is ‘raving’ mad for Biden — but Americans say otherwise

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC

To most of the world, including our European allies, Biden’s “this man cannot remain in power” remark in Poland was a clear call for ending Vladimir Putin’s rule in Russia. It was a dangerous surprise because the president was seemingly committing the United States and NATO to a radical policy of regime change against a brutal dictator who talks about using nuclear weapons.

Nothing approaching that policy had been mentioned previously, yet in the context of the speech and the war in Ukraine, there could be no other interpretation of Biden’s words.

“I was expressing the moral outrage that I feel, and I make no apologies for it,” Biden told reporters, as he held a cheat sheet with possible questions and his answers. He said he never meant to call for Putin’s removal and it was “ridiculous” for anybody to think he was.

“Nobody believes I was talking about taking down Putin. Nobody believes that,” he insisted.

Nobody except most of the world, and therein is the political problem for Biden and his team. Operating under the illusion that Big Media and its Big Tech fellow travelers represent the views of most Americans, they seem not to realize that the Amen corner reflects only an elite sliver of the country.

Approval keeps sinking

Put it this way: How is it possible there is only the most gentle and occasional criticism of Biden on any subject in the big newspapers, the broadcast media, CNN and MSNBC and on most of social media, while the president’s approval rating among all voters is in the toilet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News