ADVERTISEMENT

Are the Steelers doing anything with all the Free agents?...

BBrown

Jul 27, 2001
Baltimore, MD
all I've heard is they let Kiesel go, and aren't sure what they are doing with Worlids (please go) and Troy P. (please retire)

Eventually. After all the smart teams overspend for the past their prime

players, the Steelers will step to the plate and fill 1 or 2 positions of need with a player or players they feel offer value.

This post was edited on 3/10 5:49 PM by GregInPitt

I would love to see Troy P come down to Nashville for one season with Dick Lebeau. Always liked him and would love to be able to root for him in two tone blue.

Love Troy as one of the all-time great Steelers, but he's not close to the player he was even two years ago. Troy's briliance was based on his great instincts and his superior athletic ability to act on those instincts. He's lost a step or two and his body no longer holds up to his reckless (and I mean this in a good way) style of play. AS a result he was often a liability as opposed to an asset when his body couldn't cash the check for his instinctual style of play. Instead of getting game changing plays from him, he was often just out of position or ineffective or a step late. He is no longer great and too unreliable to be even good. He really should retire.

Waiting around like usual

while everyone throws way too much money at the big names and they'll get solid players at the right price.

mesmerized by the philly braintrust

too busy laughing to do much... which, judging by philly's actions, might be a very very good thing.

right now, i wish i was back home just to listen to the radio callers go wonkers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT