ADVERTISEMENT

B10+ Tech Issue

mhlarch

Nov 20, 2019
On my Samsung Smart TV I can get on the B10+ site and navigate around....even login. But as soon as I try and stream any video I get this message:

No supported handler formats for given URL and MIME type Error #600

I've researched and tried to fix myself, but with no success (e.g. Clear browser history, Cookies) with time running down until tomorrow at 10 AM. Interestingly enough my older, smaller TV and laptop stream B10+ just fine, so I don't think it is any issue with the B10+ Network. Although I have streamed other videos on this TV so not sure what is up. Glad I have backup options, but would prefer to watch on my better TV.

Thanks for any help!

On my Samsung Smart TV I can get on the B10+ site and navigate around....even login. But as soon as I try and stream any video I get this message:

No supported handler formats for given URL and MIME type Error #600

I've researched and tried to fix myself, but with no success (e.g. Clear browser history, Cookies) with time running down until tomorrow at 10 AM. Interestingly enough my older, smaller TV and laptop stream B10+ just fine, so I don't think it is any issue with the B10+ Network. Although I have streamed other videos on this TV so not sure what is up. Glad I have backup options, but would prefer to watch on my better TV.

Thanks for any help!
I’ve never used the BIG+ app on my TV. I normally just AirPlay it from my phone. Have you tried that? Should be no issues there.

I’ve never used the BIG+ app on my TV. I normally just AirPlay it from my phone. Have you tried that? Should be no issues there.
Thanks for your reply.......actually you don't need the app on a Smart TV you just access from the browser.

I'd give your suggestion a try but I don't have an iPhone....or any Apple products (maybe I should ) Thanks again!

Thanks for your reply.......actually you don't need the app on a Smart TV you just access from the browser.

I'd give your suggestion a try but I don't have an iPhone....or any Apple products (maybe I should ) Thanks again!
Gotcha..Yeah I just went on Roku and didn’t find a BIG+ app. Guess it’s only on the phone. Even if you don’t have iPhone, isn’t there some other way to “cast it” on TV? I don’t have android phone so can’t help with that. Good luck

It sounds like this isn't an app but using the web browser on the TV. Built in browsers to TVs are very lacking in features, it probably can't handle the video format of the BigTen site. That probably won't end up working...

Hooking an HDMI cable between your TV and a laptop is going to end up being much easier if that's an option.

It sounds like this isn't an app but using the web browser on the TV. Built in browsers to TVs are very lacking in features, it probably can't handle the video format of the BigTen site. That probably won't end up working...

Hooking an HDMI cable between your TV and a laptop is going to end up being much easier if that's an option.
This is what I do.

This is what I do.
Thanks for all the responses.....I used to use the HDMI cable on my old TV until I got my Smart TV. Allows me to watch the tv and use the laptop for following posts or other mats, etc. Regardless, I'd be willing to do this but the way I have my TV mounted on the wall makes it almost impossible to plug into.

You may be able to use the Chomecast feature to send the stream from Google Chrome on your laptop to the TV.

I don't have a Samsung Smart TV so I've never done it, but this was an early google hit:

Reactions: mhlarch
You may be able to use the Chomecast feature to send the stream from Google Chrome on your laptop to the TV.

I don't have a Samsung Smart TV so I've never done it, but this was an early google hit:

Thanks Gantry.....nice suggestion/solution but I don't want to buy another gadget and think you need the Chromecast hardware.

Hmmm......my IT person finally replied to my email and while he can't stop by to look at my TV until next week he offered this suggestion which would mean I was wrong about using the browser instead of downloading the B10+ app on my TV:

"You may want to look into downloading the B1G+ app instead of using the browser. If it's a service you subscribe to and pay for, the app version should be preferable to the browser. Like Netflix as an example. Very few people use a browser. Everything is app-based."

Hmmm......my IT person finally replied to my email and while he can't stop by to look at my TV until next week he offered this suggestion which would mean I was wrong about using the browser instead of downloading the B10+ app on my TV:

"You may want to look into downloading the B1G+ app instead of using the browser. If it's a service you subscribe to and pay for, the app version should be preferable to the browser. Like Netflix as an example. Very few people use a browser. Everything is app-based."
Advantage to streaming from the laptop is putting up multiple mats at one time.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
I use a Chromecast to cast BTN+ from my phone. I have used Chromecast with both Androids and iPhones with no problem.

Reactions: mhlarch
Gotcha..Yeah I just went on Roku and didn’t find a BIG+ app. Guess it’s only on the phone. Even if you don’t have iPhone, isn’t there some other way to “cast it” on TV? I don’t have android phone so can’t help with that. Good luck
My roku has a BTN+ app, use it often.

Do you mind streaming it to your TV from your phone? There are a ton of apps that will let you cast to your Samsung TV in the app store. If you have a Samsung phone I believe the Smart Things app thats pre-installed let's you stream.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT