ADVERTISEMENT

Bachelor/Bachelorette 5 day cruise to Bahamas

jim cummings

May 27, 2015
PA
Charleston, SC departure port in Feb. I believe the ship is Carnival Fantasy. All I'm responsible for is booze.

How much should I expect to pay?

Obviously I assume it would depend on how much I/we drink, but let's just say I plan on partying.

Charleston, SC departure port in Feb. I believe the ship is Carnival Fantasy. All I'm responsible for is booze.

Obviously I assume it would depend on how much I/we drink, but let's just say I plan on partying.

Call and see if they have a prepay option.

I think you drew the short straw. You're cabin with meals is worth $100/day, or $500 for the trip. It sounds like you're on the hook for booze for 10 people. At $8 per drink, not including dinner wine, and 8 drinks per day per person, you're looking at $640 per day or $3,200 for the entire trip, not including dinner wine.

Why did you agree to such an arrangement.

I think you drew the short straw. You're cabin with meals is worth $100/day, or $500 for the trip. It sounds like you're on the hook for booze for 10 people. At $8 per drink, not including dinner wine, and 8 drinks per day per person, you're looking at $640 per day or $3,200 for the entire trip, not including dinner wine.

Why did you agree to such an arrangement.

I'm just a part of the wedding party. I'm just responsible for buying my own/girlfriends booze. Apparently everything else is being taken care of.

After doing some research I saw something about a booze card that covers 15 drinks over 24 hours for $50 a day.

I'm just a part of the wedding party. I'm just responsible for buying my own/girlfriends booze. Apparently everything else is being taken care of.

After doing some research I saw something about a booze card that covers 15 drinks over 24 hours for $50 a day.
Dude. Not certain if that is a typo, but you wrote "girlfriends". Depending how many you bring, that could cost you a bunch. Now, if meant "girlfriend's", then I'm guessing $250 should cover you which would include a nice bottle of wine. If it is really "girlfriends", then all you need is three bottles of Jack and 5 blue pills.

Reactions: EMCLION
You both will need the card. It isn't you have a card and buy booze for her. If they see that, they'll take your card. My wife and I usually burn about $70/day in drinks when we're cruising with other people. Just remember that when you're in port, you probably won't be on board the ship drinking. You'll be drinking in town. Drink cards are great, and break even is at about 7 drinks. More if you're drinking beer. Those cards usually are only for drinks up to $7,so don't expect to be drinking top shelf or really great glasses of champagne.

You both will need the card. It isn't you have a card and buy booze for her. If they see that, they'll take your card. My wife and I usually burn about $70/day in drinks when we're cruising with other people. Just remember that when you're in port, you probably won't be on board the ship drinking. You'll be drinking in town. Drink cards are great, and break even is at about 7 drinks. More if you're drinking beer. Those cards usually are only for drinks up to $7,so don't expect to be drinking top shelf or really great glasses of champagne.

Thanks. That's kind of what I was looking for.

Reactions: CentexLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT