ADVERTISEMENT

Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma

You lose at home to the backup QB in a prime time statement game. Hard to be the best in the conference when you don't win the conference.

I just don't think Sparty is that great. They got very lucky this year. Michigan's gaffe punt, Air Force fumbling 4 times inside MSU 10 yard line, Rutgers QB spiking the ball on 4th down. They beat Ohio State that night, but that doesn't mean OSU isn't better. If they played right now, I don't think it be close.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
I understand what you are saying but the results are the results and there are no do overs. I can't lobby for OSU when they couldn't win the game at home. Have to give credit at some point to teams weather we dislike them or not. That being said I think every team has to have luck throughout the year. It's tough to ask 19-20 year old college kids to perform consistently week in and week out. Sometimes you get the bounces.

I do not think so both play great defense that can flat out stop the run. Both have shut down corners and active safeties. So that alone keeps both teams in games against anyone.

Sparty has suffered injury to their O-line during the season and has just gotten healthy (just in time as Cook is playing injured).

MSU's weakness on D is their young secondary - which has improved over the course of the season, but is still susceptible to mistakes.

would beat Sparty by 21+ and it wouldn't even be close.

Ohio State is still the best in the B1G. Bad coaching gave Sparty the game.
Holding OSU to 132 yards of offense gave MSU the game. As a percent of the plays, Elliott had close to his normal amount of touches. Problem was, OSU only ran 45 plays. The same plays work for 370 yards rushing v UM.

And everyone thought OSU would get crushed last year by Bama and Oregon.
Exactly. MSU can battle with any of these teams on the LOS. That's where the games are won. Not saying they will win, but they will be competitive. They are extremely physical and will give as good or better than they get back from the opponent. They held tOSU to 132 yards in Coumbus. Their FG kicker is shaky though and they tend to be in close games.

Sparty has suffered injury to their O-line during the season and has just gotten healthy (just in time as Cook is playing injured).

MSU's weakness on D is their young secondary - which has improved over the course of the season, but is still susceptible to mistakes.

O/U on how many PI Penalty's will be called on MSU Secondary playing with a non-b1g shiz-hole officials actually calling the game to Written NCAA Rules rather than the b1g shiz-hole's proactive-officiating to rugby rules?

O/U on how many PI Penalty's will be called on MSU Secondary playing with a non-b1g shiz-hole officials actually calling the game to Written NCAA Rules rather than the b1g shiz-hole's proactive-officiating to rugby rules?
Franklin, I'm afraid the same could be said of Alabama. It's also going on in the SEC. These days you see WRs asking for PI after most incomplete passes.

Last edited:
Franklin, I'm afraid the same could be said of Alabama. It's alo going on in the SEC. These days you see WRs asking for PI after most incomplete passes.

As long as they are consistent and call it to the same "standard" for both teams, is what matters most imho. Neither OL Holding or Defensive Holding and PI in the secondary are called consistently both ways by b1g shiz-hole officials - they have ever changing standards in these areas intra-game depending upon the team in question, the circumstances, etc...and use these rules to enable their proactive officiating agendas.

As long as they are consistent and call it to the same "standard" for both teams, is what matters most imho. Neither OL Holding or Defensive Holding and PI in the secondary are called consistently both ways by b1g shiz-hole officials - they have ever changing standards in these areas intra-game depending upon the team in question, the circumstances, etc...and use these rules to enable their proactive officiating agendas.
I agree and it is not enjoyable to watch inconsistently officiated games.

Clemson, no way is 21 points better than MSU. I take MSU in that matchup. Oklahoma isn't either, push. Alabama, MAYBE, likely Alabama in a close one.

Clemson, no way is 21 points better than MSU. I take MSU in that matchup. Oklahoma isn't either, push. Alabama, MAYBE, likely Alabama in a close one.
Clemson's QB is by far the best of the final 4....they may not win it all, but they'll score plenty of points against the likes of Sparty (if that game even happens).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT