ADVERTISEMENT

Barkley at the NFL combine

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
the nfl combine starts on March 2nd. I’m wondering how big of a splash Barkley will make. He’s no longer our hidden gem, and his physical skills and athletic prowess are now known through the sports world. I’m wondering whether he’ll be able to trigger even more jaws to drop though.

I think if his PSU test numbers carry through he’ll be in the top 5 of RBs over the last decade for 40 yard dash and bench press, and suspect he does well in the vertical jump, broad jump, 3 cone, and shuttle events.

What are everyone’s predictions?

the nfl combine starts on March 2nd. I’m wondering how big of a splash Barkley will make. He’s no longer our hidden gem, and his physical skills and athletic prowess are now known through the sports world. I’m wondering whether he’ll be able to trigger even more jaws to drop though.

I think if his PSU test numbers carry through he’ll be in the top 5 of RBs over the last decade for 40 yard dash and bench press, and suspect he does well in the vertical jump, broad jump, 3 cone, and shuttle events.

Does he even need to go? I mean a lot of those guys that are assured top 10 picks have a pro day at their school instead.
If he does go he will blow their minds but I don't think it will move him up any further than he is now.
The guy I think thats going to make a huge jump, once they see how he tests, is Mike G. He may go from 4th rd. to 2nd with a good combine.

He's boycotting the combine. Don't worry, it's a Ranger Dan style boycott, so he's really going.

Does he even need to go? I mean a lot of those guys that are assured top 10 picks have a pro day at their school instead.
If he does go he will blow their minds but I don't think it will move him up any further than he is now.
The guy I think thats going to make a huge jump, once they see how he tests, is Mike G. He may go from 4th rd. to 2nd with a good combine.
I agree with this. His measurables have all been documented, and they are outstanding. He has not gotten injured, so none of them are in real need of updating. He will probably go to the Combine because he likes to compete, but he sure doesn't need to in order to get drafted near the top..

But who knows? Maybe if he busts off another 4.36 forty and a sick cone drill, the Browns, the Giants, or some other team will say "Phuck QB's! We can't pass on this kid."

I agree with this. His measurables have all been documented, and they are outstanding. He has not gotten injured, so none of them are in real need of updating. He will probably go to the Combine because he likes to compete, but he sure doesn't need to in order to get drafted near the top..

But who knows? Maybe if he busts off another 4.36 forty and a sick cone drill, the Browns, the Giants, or some other team will say "Phuck QB's! We can't pass on this kid."

In that case, he should go and run a 4.6 forty and quit the bench press after 18 reps.

I don't know what I have against his attending the combine, other than a fear of his getting injured. (Thinking of KJC can ruin my day.)
Sheesh... Why go around jinxing the guy like that??? if he gets an ingrown toenail, it’s on your head!

Why would the combine only be open to seniors? How would that make any sense?

Barkley will go...he'll weigh in...do his interviews....do the bench...then he'll do whatever drills he wants to that day. The combine can't hurt or help him. He's locked in

Why would the combine only be open to seniors? How would that make any sense?

Barkley will go...he'll weigh in...do his interviews....do the bench...then he'll do whatever drills he wants to that day. The combine can't hurt or help him. He's locked in

Why are you the way that you are?

The guy didn't know the rules, big deal. And Barkley can hurt himself, both literally and figuratively if he goes actually. Of course he is a freak and should do just fine as always but to say he can't hurt himself with other than his godly like numbers everyone expects for him or somehow injure himself is more ignorant than the guy you criticized for asking a question he was unsure of.

Some people on this board need to get a reality check in life to treat people better and with more respect.

Why are you the way that you are?

The guy didn't know the rules, big deal. And Barkley can hurt himself, both literally and figuratively if he goes actually. Of course he is a freak and should do just fine as always but to say he can't hurt himself with other than his godly like numbers everyone expects for him or somehow injure himself is more ignorant than the guy you criticized for asking a question he was unsure of.

Some people on this board need to get a reality check in life to treat people better and with more respect.

I'm seriously asking...why would anyone think only seniors could be invited? And how that makes sense? The combine is an NFL event. I answer questions all the time that others attack on without attack but I want to understand the logic behind this...

Barring injury--the combine has no impact on Barkley's draft status.

I'm seriously asking...why would anyone think only seniors could be invited? And how that makes sense? The combine is an NFL event. I answer questions all the time that others attack on without attack but I want to understand the logic behind this...

So if he runs a 4.55 and puts up less of a vert, drops a bunch of passes etc it won't hurt his draft stock at all?

Saquon will go and he will blow the doors off the combine. He's already considered to be the #1 overall NFL prospect in this class by a number of people and is a consensus top 5 pick. His combine numbers are going to be ridiculous.

He signed with Jay Z, so I can assure you that they will have him there.

I asked because I dont pay attention to it much anymore and in previous years only seniors attended. Its been a few years but that was the rule. Combines also used to be regional and most scouting was based in Pittsburgh. Times have changed and I dont know all of their rules as I did in the 80/90 era. I also thanked the posted for the answer. Why do you care so much.

I asked because I dont pay attention to it much anymore and in previous years only seniors attended. Its been a few years but that was the rule. Combines also used to be regional and most scouting was based in Pittsburgh. Times have changed and I dont know all of their rules as I did in the 80/90 era. I also thanked the posted for the answer. Why do you care so much.
Don't even waste your finger strength on that handjob.

Reactions: Cpeplion

so many comments but we'll just roll with "okay"

Very few elite prospects attend the combine these days as it is a total no win situation. Barkley is an elite athlete, off the charts, and everyone with 2 eyes knows this. No reason whatsoever for him to participate.

Reactions: hereforthebeer
Very few elite prospects attend the combine these days as it is a total no win situation. Barkley is an elite athlete, off the charts, and everyone with 2 eyes knows this. No reason whatsoever for him to participate.
Yeah, probably so.

The other side is that Barkley is a workout freak and would like to post some marks that will be off the charts. Remember the stories of him coming into the PSU weight rooms, eyeing the best performance numbers, and expressing a desire to claim every single record.

And such a performance at the combine wouldn't hurt in marketing and endorsements. Kind of a latter day "Bo Knows" campaign. Flash to a commercial of scouts watching his workouts, checking their stop watches, and saying "Saquon, say what?!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT