ADVERTISEMENT

BBall coaching consideration

nitneelyin

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
So Chambers gets his next year to see what he can do for the program and again we fail to crack .500 in the B1G. Administration runs out of patience (right or wrong) and the search begins in earnest.

Let's look to our in state neighbor to the west. Jamie boy has had a pretty impressive record with the Panthers, going to something like 9 out of the last 11 NCAA's, although not this year. BUT, he's never brought Pitt more than an Elite Eight finish despite tabling some pretty nice teams. Many at Pitt are ready to move on because they don't think Jamie will ever deliver the big win they so desperately want and now that they are in the ACC they wonder if he will even be more than mediocre in the conference.

Would Jamie consider PSU? Would we welcome him? Would we want him? Could his coaching talent and his recruiting talent be the right blend for us?

I find it an interesting possibility and Jamie might be just the type of guy willing to work on the massive rebuilding that it will take to put PSU in the post season on a consistent basis. I think he's wearing out his Pittsburgh stay and he may not be as sought after by other programs despite his record.

Okay, you guys can now shred my idea into confetti.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News