ADVERTISEMENT

Before we start praising Franklin for retention...

I have a feeling it's more about OSU's NIL kicking into high gear

OSU prioritizes retention for their NIL rather than recruiting. They'll lose some big recruiting battles to Miami, but they invest in keeping their dudes on campus.

OSU prioritizes retention for their NIL rather than recruiting. They'll lose some big recruiting battles to Miami, but they invest in keeping their dudes on campus.
They kept them BEFORE NIL: Still remember just like it was yesterday, good ole LJ Sr calling up Deion and advised him to leave early with a 6th round grade(wasn't drafted and didn't make it), while advising his own boy Harrison, with a 2nd round grade, to stay on another year.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
They kept them BEFORE NIL: Still remember just like it was yesterday, good ole LJ Sr calling up Deion and advised him to leave early with a 6th round grade(wasn't drafted and didn't make it), while advising his own boy Harrison, with a 2nd round grade, to stay on another year.

Eh, we've had a few guys come back unexpectedly. Olave in 2021 was the big one, and a few others who were on the fence came back (like Zach Harrison who really underachieved at OSU). But we've lost far, far more NFL-ready juniors than we've retained.

What's happening this offseason is really unprecedented for us.

Eh, we've had a few guys come back unexpectedly. Olave in 2021 was the big one, and a few others who were on the fence came back (like Zach Harrison who really underachieved at OSU). But we've lost far, far more NFL-ready juniors than we've retained.

What's happening this offseason is really unprecedented for us.
Losing third stringers is unprecedented? Come on dude...

Losing third stringers is unprecedented? Come on dude...

I think you misinterpreted my post.

Returning almost every NFL-ready junior is what's unprecedented for OSU.

Losing 15-20 dudes to the portal is going to be commonplace for a lot of programs.

OSU WR Egbuka returns after grading our as a 3rd round pick. He will be competing in another stacked OSU receiving room with tons of young studs.

PSU WR Parker Washington declares despite grading our as a late round flier. He would have returned to a desolate room guaranteeing him a huge volume of targets.

Boom.

Carry on...
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Reactions: wilbury
I've seen Burke in several 1st round listings but also JT Tumaloia, Henderson, and Egbuka ----- basically the players that were on the fence of returning that were ranked in a few 1st round projections. Obviously, I didn't include Marvin Harrison who's a top 3 - 4 pick in every projection.
I thought I read Egbuka was a 3rd round projection?

I thought I read Egbuka was a 3rd round projection?

He's been all over the place. Bottom of the 1st round at best. Most I've seen had 2nd round, but early 3rd round is possible. Injuries really tore into his production in the 2023 season. A full year to come back as WR1 will do him a lot of good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT