ADVERTISEMENT

Best Ever PSU Wrestler

Who’s the best ever PSU wrestler?

• Total voters

mcpat

Gold Member
Mar 13, 2021
Where are we at now? Is AB or CStar the best ever now? Or is it DT for all the Gold Medals and bonus wins and two Hodges? Is it Zain for the 93 wins in a row and two Hodges? McCoy for going 131-1 his last three years? Is it Ruth? Nolf? Bo? Matter?

I’m going AB. For now. 4x champ AND he beat the world’s #1 PFP wrestler at the oly trials as a senior. DT’s international success came way later than AB just accomplished.

Where are we at now? Is AB or CStar the best ever now? Or is it DT for all the Gold Medals and bonus wins and two Hodges? Is it Zain for the 93 wins in a row and two Hodges? McCoy for going 131-1 his last three years? Is it Ruth? Nolf? Bo? Matter?
I'm going with Zain, because who knows how his career goes if he had the benefit to rs as a true freshman. We all know he should have won 3 Hodge trophy's also. Just my opinion.

I had to take Nickal because of how quickly & creatively he could end a match & because of the Myles Martin finals match with one of the best post match interviews I've ever seen. That was awesome! You can't go wrong with anyone on that list though. It's hard to pick just one.

If we're just talking folkstyle wrestling, then I'd probably put Nolf #2. The win-dixie was super innovative & his match against Todrank was legendary!

Except for IMAR his RSFR season, I don’t recall Nolf being remotely close to losing ever. It was never in doubt with anyone. I can’t say that with anyone else. Not even Zain who had a close multiple OT match while sick.

My heart goes to Nolf. So incredibly dominant. But my mind says Brooks or Carter for winning four which Jason didn’t do. Seeing Brooks beat DT at the trials and win an Olympic medal a couple months after graduating gives him my vote.

Except for IMAR his RSFR season, I don’t recall Nolf being remotely close to losing ever. It was never in doubt with anyone. I can’t say that with anyone else. Not even Zain who had a close multiple OT match while sick.

My heart goes to Nolf. So incredibly dominant. But my mind says Brooks or Carter for winning four which Jason didn’t do. Seeing Brooks beat DT at the trials and win an Olympic medal a couple months after graduating gives him my vote.
Semi-finals in ‘19 had my ass puckered.

Dragons Den Television GIF by CBC

Since the NCAA has forever bastardized the Hodge with a split, there is precedent. I see a 5-way split. Does that indicate I am indecisive?

I had to go Zain btw.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT