ADVERTISEMENT

Big game Saban loses

I could see Saban retiring. He was very calm and not living or dying on every snap per his usual.

Reactions: psu00
I could see Saban retiring. He was very calm and not living or dying on every snap per his usual.
How in God's name could Alabama let Corum totally unguarded on that 4th down play. He's one the best players in the country and nobody paid any attention to him.

Then a QB run up the middle on the last play? Unbelievable stupidity!

How in God's name could Alabama let Corum totally unguarded on that 4th down play. He's one the best players in the country and nobody paid any attention to him.

It was even worse watching it. Slow motion in real time......... Worst feeling in the world.

Bama seemed to have coverage and communication issues all game. Several busted coverages.

As far as the QB run, they didn't have much else working all game. Spread Michigan out and hope the OL can open a hole. They couldn't.

Reactions: Parkland Fan

Formation hid him pretty good. Late shift made it look like he might take a handoff left. They had 3 receivers run to the middle and shield him, but Bama didn't even react to Corum.

My guess is it was a zone call, and nobody took the flat due to the routes. Same way we gave up that Wheel to Prieskorn Saturday, but Hardy bit on the run fake in man coverage.

One has to wonder if CJF was involved with those play calls, right? Lol

Bama didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. They had a lot of ugly wins over mediocre opponents and had one really good game. They’ve now lost to two of the three other playoff teams.

Bama didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. They had a lot of ugly wins over mediocre opponents and had one really good game. They’ve now lost to two of the three other playoff teams.
No one that watched the game today could say they weren't worthy of the spot
And "deserving" isn't a thing with the playoff

Last ditch hope is scUM loses NC game. Not holding my breath. We also have to hope cheatin Jimmah runs to the NFL.

Here is depressing thought....ever and I mean ever in your wildest dreams can you envision a Franklin coached Penn State team down 7 to Alabama, 4 minutes left in national semifinal and do what scUM did by pulling out the W? Uhhh.....No!

Last ditch hope is scUM loses NC game. Not holding my breath. We also have to hope cheatin Jimmah runs to the NFL.

Here is depressing thought....ever and I mean ever in your wildest dreams can you envision a Franklin coached Penn State team down 7 to Alabama, 4 minutes left in national semifinal and do what scUM did by pulling out the W? Uhhh.....No!
So true regarding CJF. We’d be scoring a late garbage touchdown to pull it within 6 to create the illusion we had a chance at winning.

Ok we'll start the Harbaugh to NFL, Saban to retire and Franklin in a bidding war with Bama and Michigan rumor. It'll turn college football upside down!
That's funny.......Franklin in a bidding war between Alabama and Michigan. Alabama doesn't need Franklin's only skill......recruiting. Michigan already knows Franklin can't coach.

You mean like being down 4 with four and half minutes left to the #2 team in the country and winning…and that was after being down 14 in the fourth quarter? You mean like that?

You mean like being down 4 with four and half minutes left to the #2 team in the country and winning…and that was after being down 14 in the fourth quarter? You mean like that?
Dude, what on God's green earth are you talking about? Please don't say the 2016 OSU game.

Why because it negates your argument?
Not at all. I said national semi-final vs Alabama. Read!! !Not a regular season game at home. And what happened at the end of that season??? Choked away a victory vs USC at the Rose Bowl.

Reactions: hoflane
Not at all. I said national semi-final vs Alabama. Read!! !Not a regular season game at home. And what happened at the end of that season??? Choked away a victory vs USC at the Rose Bowl.
But the Rose Bowl was not a semi final vs Alabama, so if my example doesn’t apply then yours doesn’t either.

Bama seemed to have coverage and communication issues all game. Several busted coverages.

As far as the QB run, they didn't have much else working all game. Spread Michigan out and hope the OL can open a hole. They couldn't.
Didn't spread them out on last play

But the Rose Bowl was not a semi final vs Alabama, so if my example doesn’t apply then yours doesn’t either.
You are missing my point completely. I am not saying the Rose Bowl was was a semi final game. I am simply saying that Franklin would not get PSU to win a semi final game like that vs Alabama where he had to make a come back in the last 4 minutes. His track record is horrible in those situations in big games. One time he beat OSU, once. I am projecting or predicting that based on his lousy big game record he would not be able to pull out the win in that hypothetical situation.

He was smart enough to know he had the inferior team and was lucky to be playing in that game. He managed to keep his team in it all the way to OT and came up one play short. I’m guessing he sleeps well tonight.

Reactions: lazydave841
You are missing my point completely. I am not saying the Rose Bowl was was a semi final game. I am simply saying that Franklin would not get PSU to win a semi final game like that vs Alabama where he had to make a come back in the last 4 minutes. His track record is horrible in those situations in big games. One time he beat OSU, once. I am projecting or predicting that based on his lousy big game record he would not be able to pull out the win in that hypothetical situation.
Otoh….one has to win big games in the regular season to get to the semi final, so your point is somewhat hypothetical while regular season references are real.
(I’d put a smiley face emoji, but it really isn’t funny)

But 1 game in 2016 does not make a trend, while the USC game played itself out often in 10 years.

Ok we'll start the Harbaugh to NFL, Saban to retire and Franklin in a bidding war with Bama and Michigan rumor. It'll turn college football upside down!
On January 9 Harbaugh will announce that he has accepted the Chargers' coaching job. It's a lock.

He knew this was not one of his better teams.

Go back and watch every sideline footage since he came to Bama. He's always animated. He always acts like every mistake personally hurt him. Visibly angry and yelling, he was in on someone.

His fire was different. I don't think he is the type to coach less because his talent is down.

Go back and watch every sideline footage since he came to Bama. He's always animated. He always acts like every mistake personally hurt him. Visibly angry and yelling, he was in on someone.

His fire was different. I don't think he is the type to coach less because his talent is down.
He had his moments this game.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT