ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Farrell: Freestyle season starts again

Is Martinez already qualified? Otherwise I believe you have to win to qualify.

Sorry for the bad info ... I thought it was top two. I even Googled to verify and Scarletknights.com is the first result: “With a trip to the Bill Farrell 57kg final (first or second place finish), Suriano will automatically qualify for the 2020 Olympic Team Trials ...” Yes, i trusted Rutgers. Shame on me.

Sorry for the bad info ... I thought it was top two. I even Googled to verify and Scarletknights.com is the first result: “With a trip to the Bill Farrell 57kg final (first or second place finish), Suriano will automatically qualify for the 2020 Olympic Team Trials ...” Yes, i trusted Rutgers. Shame on me.
If there only was a thumbs down.......;)

looks like it
Ok, I am not that familiar with Flo’s layout, borrowed my sons laptop and password. I could only find mat B showing third place bouts. Wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. Lack of chatter lead to to think I wasn’t.

Ok, I am not that familiar with Flo’s layout, borrowed my sons laptop and password. I could only find mat B showing third place bouts. Wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. Lack of chatter lead to to think I wasn’t.
They cleared away the other mats, there's only the one.

These finals made me appreciate that....

At least we got snyder;):eek::confused::):):D:p

My son wrestled him on more than one occasion. He even started to beat him when they were both in high school. I guess that is why Zilmer put on the big growth spurt. He was afraid of my son. My son currently weighs around 125. It probably would not be much of a match at this point in time. :)

A reminder to put scores in posts, especially for those that are not in a position to watch the match(es).

Finals
57 kg: Seth Gross TF Nathan Tomasello, 11-1 4:52
65 kg: Jordan Oliver DEC Frank Molinaro, 8-6.
74 kg: Isaiah Martinez TF Jason Nolf, 12-0 2:02
86 kg: Alex Dieringer DEC Myles Martin, 7-2
97 kg: Kyle Snyder TF Michael Macchiavello, 10-0 2:38
125 kg: Gable Stevenson DEC Dominique Bradley, 4-1

Bronze
57 kg: Nick Suriano DEC Nahshon Garrett, 8-1
65 kg: Evan Henderson DEC Joseph Mckenna, 14-12
74 kg: Nazar Kulchytskyy DEC Mekhi Lewis, 9-3
86 kg: Nathan Jackson DEC Brett Pfarr, 4-4
97 kg: Hayden Zillmer DEC Ty Walz, 4-0
125 kg: Amarveer Dhesi DEC Nick Nevills, 10-2

Any thoughts/rumors on why Cassar didn't go today? Hopefully just a really minor thing if injury related.

Imar was not already qualified. Only guy to qualify for OTT who did not win yesterday is Macchiavello thx to Snyder.

Men’s freestyle OTT Qualifiers

57 kg
2018 World Team member – Thomas Gilman (Titan Mercury WC/Hawkeye WC)
2019 World Team member – Daton Fix (Titan Mercury WC/Cowboy RTC)

Qualified at non-Olympic weight (61 kg)
2018 Final X champion – Nahshon Garrett (Sunkist Kids)
2018 World Team member – Joe Colon (Titan Mercury WC/Valley RTC)
2019 World Team member – Tyler Graff (Titan Mercury WC/NJRTC)

65 kg
2018 World Team member – Logan Stieber (Titan Mercury WC)
2019 World Team member – Zain Retherford (Nittany Lion WC)

Qualified at non-Olympic weight (70 kg)
2019 World Team member – James Green (Sunkist Kids)

74 kg
Automatic Final X berth – Jordan Burroughs, 2019 World bronze medalist (Sunkist Kids)
2019 Junior World champion – David Carr (Cyclone RTC)

Qualified at non-Olympic weight (79 kg)
2019 World Team member – Kyle Dake (Titan Mercury WC)
Note: As a 2019 World champion at a non-Olympic weight, Dake earns a bid to the semifinals of the weight he chooses

86 kg
2018 World Team member – David Taylor (Nittany Lion WC)
2019 World Team member – Pat Downey (Titan Mercury WC/NJRTC)

Qualified at non-Olympic weight (92 kg)
2019 World Team member – J’den Cox (Titan Mercury WC/USOPTC)
Note: As a 2019 World champion at a non-Olympic weight, Cox earns a bid to the semifinals of the weight he chooses

97 kg
Automatic Final X berth – Kyle Snyder, 2019 World bronze medalist (Titan Mercury)

125 kg
2019 World Team member – Nick Gwiazdowski (Titan Mercury WC/Wolfpack WC)
2019 Junior World champion – Mason Parris (Cliff Keen WC)

U23 World Champion
Bo NIckal

Last edited:
My pics are up here on Flickr. Below is one of the better wrestling photos I've ever taken, and yes, I feel bad about it.

t4JwQj0.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT