ADVERTISEMENT

Bold Predictions 2016 - 2017

In what has now become an annual tradition - A large shipment of recently printed, but unworn tee shirts will find its way from Minnesota to some where in remote Africa.
Just a matter of time until camps are held there.

Rated_I_large.jpg

Few see it as happening...that's what makes it BOLD. Well done, jto.

Now I only have to wait until Saturday night in 2018 Cleveland to declare myself this boldness right! But I'll have plenty of chances to be declared wrong ;)

You know what else is weird? The Friday I posted that went really well for me. Like the stud wrestlers we admire, there's something to be said for boldness.

Second T had to be Tom--he wrestled up a weight from Terry. Tom had 3 titles and Terry just 2, losing to Purler from Nebraska one year. That must be the year you're referring to. I've always felt that Terry was more of a hot-head than Tom. I remember one year Terry wrestled Prescott, and there was a double disqualification!! Don't know if I've ever heard of another case of that!
Actually Terry lost to Jason Kelber from Nebraska in I think 1991 and would not shake his hand so a team point was deducted, Tom was not the one that threw a fit. At the time I think that cost them either tying or beating the most points scored at the NCAA's but I might be off on that.

In any case Jason Kelber was a badass of his own. Should of been a 4 timer in HS but lost in the finals his freshman year. Beat Tom Brands in the state finals for one of his titles. As we know he beat Terry in the NCAA finals but also beat Kendal Cross in the semis the same year or the year before.

Actually Terry lost to Jason Kelber from Nebraska in I think 1991 and would not shake his hand so a team point was deducted, Tom was not the one that threw a fit. At the time I think that cost them either tying or beating the most points scored at the NCAA's but I might be off on that.

In any case Jason Kelber was a badass of his own. Should of been a 4 timer in HS but lost in the finals his freshman year. Beat Tom Brands in the state finals for one of his titles. As we know he beat Terry in the NCAA finals but also beat Kendal Cross in the semis the same year or the year before.
Thanks, Herkuleez. After posting that a while back, I realized that it was Kelber and not Purler They were both 126 pounders and NCAA champs for Nebraska (hard to keep those Nebraska guys straight!) . :(

Reactions: Herkuleez5
Bold prediction: There will be a different commercial on B10 during wrestling other than JRob camps and Jake Herbert in a singlet for Cliff Keen.

Gibbons/Johnson will go all season without talking about Matt McDonough and referring to him as a "Linn-Mar" product. However, we all know that someone will be bringing their hips to the party, no matter what the year is.

The lineup of Zain, Nolf, Cenzo, Hall, and Bo go thru the regular season in 49 thru 84 with a combined number of losses that can be counted on one hand.

Reactions: diggerpup
Jimmy Gulibon will be an All American, as well as Nick Nevills.
Nick Nevills is going to be very very good this year....Guy is heating the weights and mats big time...Wait till you guys see him....Baby fate is GONE !!!! Real man big time !!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT