ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Franklin to resign if Penn State misses college football playoff!

Will you go away if we make the playoffs?

Joe should have retired after the Toledo loss.
That's about the time Joe should have retired--yes
Still not sure why you make everything about Joe just to deflect from failures Franklin has.

That's about the time Joe should have retired--yes
Still not sure why you make everything about Joe just to deflect from failures Franklin has.

April Fools aside, I do think there is pressure on Franklin to make the expanded playoff field this year. (Personally, I think that will happen.)

The schedule is no cakewalk, especially with the two toughest games (on paper) coming back-to-back in early November. But both are at home...plus we don't play Michigan.

QB is the key variable. Drew's had his break-in year. Now it's time to break out. Yet from the reports I've read, Pribula has actually looked like the better player this spring. That could set up a difficult choice for the staff to make.

Then factor in the change of coordinators on both sides of the ball to make things even more interesting. Can't wait for August 31!

April Fools aside, I do think there is pressure on Franklin to make the expanded playoff field this year. (Personally, I think that will happen.)

The schedule is no cakewalk, especially with the two toughest games (on paper) coming back-to-back in early November. But both are at home...plus we don't play Michigan.

QB is the key variable. Drew's had his break-in year. Now it's time to break out. Yet from the reports I've read, Pribula has actually looked like the better player this spring. That could set up a difficult choice for the staff to make.

Then factor in the change of coordinators on both sides of the ball to make things even more interesting. Can't wait for August 31!
You have to stop with the Beau stuff. Beau's not playing. It won't even be a two-second discussion. Drew is still on the roster because he was told the job is his. That's how college football works in 2024.

Other than that I agree with everything you said but Beau isn't playing unless Drew is hurt or we're up big other than gadget plays.

Reactions: NJPSU and scrivener

Did you read those reports in The York Daily Record?

You have to stop with the Beau stuff. Beau's not playing. It won't even be a two-second discussion. Drew is still on the roster because he was told the job is his. That's how college football works in 2024.

Other than that I agree with everything you said but Beau isn't playing unless Drew is hurt or we're up big other than gadget plays.

What "Beau stuff"? There's no doubt that Drew is the presumptive starter. He has to be. The pressure on Franklin and staff to prove out his potential is immense.

As it is, there are already whispers of similarity with a guy named Christian Hackenberg. If things were to go in that direction with Drew, it would be a pretty big blow to the program.

Fact is, I said here last summer that all the fans who'd convinced themselves that Drew was an instant superstar would be in for a rude awakening. He was going to have some shaky games. There was never getting around that.

However, this year it's put-up-or-shut-up time. I hate to break it to you, Lando, but Drew is not going to be given a lot of slack. The first time he plays poorly, there will be a lot of pressure on Franklin to give Pribula a chance. And if Pribula comes through in such a situation, well, all bets are off.

To be clear, I'm rooting for Drew. I always have. I want him to start. I want him to succeed. But sooner or later, it comes down to performance. That's football...and life. Drew's future is in Drew's hands.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
What "Beau stuff"? There's no doubt that Drew is the presumptive starter. He has to be. The pressure on Franklin and staff to prove out his potential is immense.

As it is, there are already whispers of similarity with a guy named Christian Hackenberg. If things were to go in that direction with Drew, it would be a pretty big blow to the program.

Fact is, I said here last summer that all the fans who'd convinced themselves that Drew was an instant superstar would be in for a rude awakening. He was going to have some shaky games. There was never getting around that.

However, this year it's put-up-or-shut-up time. I hate to break it to you, Lando, but Drew is not going to be given a lot of slack. The first time he plays poorly, there will be a lot of pressure on Franklin to give Pribula a chance. And if Pribula comes through in such a situation, well, all bets are off.

To be clear, I'm rooting for Drew. I always have. I want him to start. I want him to succeed. But sooner or later, it comes down to performance. That's football...and life. Drew's future is in Drew's hands.
You're setting yourself up for huge disappointment if you truly believe there's any chance barring injury that Drew won't play. That promise has been made. You also don't "want" Drew to start. You've repeatedly made that clear. Saying it doesn't make it true.

Yes or no...you understand Drew was promised the starting job for 2024 at the end of last year which is the reason he's still on the roster?

You're setting yourself up for huge disappointment if you truly believe there's any chance barring injury that Drew won't play. That promise has been made. You also don't "want" Drew to start. You've repeatedly made that clear. Saying it doesn't make it true.

Yes or no...you understand Drew was promised the starting job for 2024 at the end of last year which is the reason he's still on the roster?

Dude, what in the ever-living phuck are you talking about? When did I say even once, let alone "repeatedly," that I did not want Drew to start?

This should be easy for you. It's all on the record here. So quote me even one post over the last year where I said such a thing. (I'll wait.)

Meanwhile, above in this thread's #11 post is my actual thinking on the question as we approach the 2024 season. Why not address that instead of making stuff up.

Lando, shit like this is where you get your reputation as an unserious, if not fake, fan of Penn State football.

Dude, what in the ever-living phuck are you talking about? When did I say even once, let alone "repeatedly," that I did not want Drew to start?

This should be easy for you. It's all on the record here. So quote me even one post over the last year where I said such a thing. (I'll wait.)

Meanwhile, above in this thread's #11 post is my actual thinking on the question as we approach the 2024 season. Why not address that instead of making stuff up.

Lando, shit like this is where you get your reputation as an unserious, if not fake, fan of Penn State football.
When you turn this thread into "Yet from the reports I've read, Pribula has actually looked like the better player this spring." you're saying something without saying something. I'm 99.999% sure you were critical of him in the past, specifically against Michigan--if that was someone else then I apologize.

The point remains the same, Drew's starting barring injury. That has nothing to do with me wanting that or hoping for that. That's just how things work. Drew wouldn't be on the roster today if he wasn't given assurances. That's just football in 2024. There will never be a tough choice between Drew and Beau in 2024. That decision has been made.

When you turn this thread into "Yet from the reports I've read, Pribula has actually looked like the better player this spring." you're saying something without saying something. I'm 99.999% sure you were critical of him in the past, specifically against Michigan--if that was someone else then I apologize.

The point remains the same, Drew's starting barring injury. That has nothing to do with me wanting that or hoping for that. That's just how things work. Drew wouldn't be on the roster today if he wasn't given assurances. That's just football in 2024. There will never be a tough choice between Drew and Beau in 2024. That decision has been made.

Yes, I was critical of him and the O in general for a couple terrible games last year.

However, I never said I didn't want him to start, as per your claim, and I appreciate your acknowledgment that you got that wrong.

There's no argument that Drew is the presumptive starter. I think the "difficult choice" that I mentioned above will confront the staff if Drew plays poorly against the stronger opponents on the schedule.

I hope that doesn't happen but don't think it can be ruled out based on his performance last year. We desperately need a wide receiver to step up. Fleming could be the guy.

Yes, I was critical of him and the O in general for a couple terrible games last year.

However, I never said I didn't want him to start, as per your claim, and I appreciate your acknowledgment that you got that wrong.

There's no argument that Drew is the presumptive starter. I think the "difficult choice" that I mentioned above will confront the staff if Drew plays poorly against the stronger opponents on the schedule.

I hope that doesn't happen but don't think it can be ruled out based on his performance last year. We desperately need a wide receiver to step up. Fleming could be the guy.
I'm not saying you said it. I'm saying that's what you're implying with your comments.

Drew could have 3 awful games in a row and he's still going to start. That's just football in 2024. QBs are made promises so they stay. For better or worse it's Drew's team next year.

I'm not saying you said it. I'm saying that's what you're implying with your comments.

Drew could have 3 awful games in a row and he's still going to start. That's just football in 2024. QBs are made promises so they stay. For better or worse it's Drew's team next year.

You said I'd "made clear"..."repeatedly"...that I did not want Drew to start.

You were wrong as I've never said any such thing, and the supposed "implication" to that effect was strictly a product of your imagination.

If Drew has three awful games in a row, his status as a starter will be in jeopardy. At the very least, he'd be looking at an early hook.

Because here's one thing that hasn't changed about "football in 2024": winning is the main thing, and in the end it's what both players and coaches are judged on. I think Franklin knows that. So does Drew.

I didn’t realize you were Allar’s agent, confident or personal friend. But hey I forgot; you know everything about everything.

You said I'd "made clear"..."repeatedly"...that I did not want Drew to start.

You were wrong as I've never said any such thing, and the supposed "implication" to that effect was strictly a product of your imagination.

If Drew has three awful games in a row, his status as a starter will be in jeopardy. At the very least, he'd be looking at an early hook.

Because here's one thing that hasn't changed about "football in 2024": winning is the main thing, and in the end it's what both players and coaches are judged on. I think Franklin knows that. So does Drew.
Yes, you've made that clear. See bringing up Beau in this thread. There's an agenda.
Drew starts all year--whether he plays great or he's awful--barring injury

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT