ADVERTISEMENT

Football BREAKING: Penn State WR KeAndre Lambert-Smith enters transfer portal

He should have gotten NIL. He is not the only player that didn't on this team and should have. BYW... what accomplishments did Fleming achieve to merit NIL. PSU, we have been told, does not give out NIL until a player is on the team and contributing ... Which doesn't apply to transfers who have contributed nothing but were fan favorite 5 stars from years gone by that will mollify Franklin detractors I guess.

PSU needs to get competitive with NIL.

Did he get zero NIL? I don't know. Very few do. Nothing publicly to my knowledge, but I don't follow those deals.

Fleming, Home state kid. Seems like a fine risk to sway all in state kids we want. He's probably turning the truck in when he leaves.

WR is definitely a spot we should be competitive with in NIL. Out bid OSU for the Smith kid. He seems like a game changer.

Franklin people are not fence hugging. He's either adequate or terrible, no in between hardly.

Thought he would continue the PSU WR pipeline to the NFL (Hamilton, Godwin, Hamler, Dotson, Washington) but he never emerged last year as a dominant #1. Not all his fault but he certainly has to take some responsibility. It could be more mental than physical and maturity and leadership skills he lacked that held him back from having a breakout season last year.

During the season there was a big rumor that the WR Room was a mess. BS Practice habits, kids not going to class. Makes you wonder if he was part of the problem.

I would take 10 Liam Cliffords over 1 KLS.
How do we know Clifford is not part of the problem?

This is why the addition of Fleming could be huge -- not so much for production on the field, but more for the example he can bring coming from an actual WR room with proper coaching. Him being the leader in that room is likely more valuable than the catches he'll make.

Reactions: rrdd2021
This is why the addition of Fleming could be huge -- not so much for production on the field, but more for the example he can bring coming from an actual WR room with proper coaching. Him being the leader in that room is likely more valuable than the catches he'll make.
Agreed. Julian is now the leader of the room and the cancer has been removed. Let's see if the staff can add a guy in the portal now.

We are not losing much withl KLS at this point. We really need Fleming to be very good for us both as an inspiring leader and production on the field. If Fleming can bring the rest of the WR room along with him and elevate their play then obviously that would be huge.

The season hinges on Allar's development and how good of chemistry and connection he has with the WRs starting with Fleming. Other things matter, of course, like Franklin coaching competently and to win, not, not to lose in big games. I think the Allar/WR piece is the difference between 9-3 and 11-1 or even 12-0.

We are not losing much withl KLS at this point. We really need Fleming to be very good for us both as an inspiring leader and production on the field. If Fleming can bring the rest of the WR room along with him and elevate their play then obviously that would be huge.

The season hinges on Allar's development and how good of chemistry and connection he has with the WRs starting with Fleming. Other things matter, of course, like Franklin coaching competently and to win, not, not to lose in big games. I think the Allar/WR piece is the difference between 9-3 and 11-1 or even 12-0.
Totally agree...Allar can't be a game manager and check down city this year...has to make big throws to stretch the field and provide chunk plays. If he can evolve into that, we could have a big year.

During the season there was a big rumor that the WR Room was a mess. BS Practice habits, kids not going to class. Makes you wonder if he was part of the problem.

I would take 10 Liam Cliffords over 1 KLS.
If Liam could get open and make plays against oh-high-ya and UM we wouldn't need 10 of him. But Liam couldn't get open much either so it seems PSU still needs a couple WRs that can.

Reactions: psu00

Stop it. KLS is a huge loss.

Reactions: Obliviax
Stop it. KLS is a huge loss.
As an athlete and WR talent, yes. But as a net positive to the team, no.

If he was all in as a team player it would be different. I don't believe we can underestimate how difficult it is to manage the mental health, team chemistry of a team in this NIL/Portal era of college football. If even the most talented player, and KLS is talented but not All B10 talented, is a cancer to the team's chemistry and unity then he may not even be a net positive. Franklin has had some mental lapses in strategy in the big games, but I do trust him to manage this part of leading a team through the current NIL/Portal issues.
JMO.

Well, two have left, and zero have come in since Monday. Hell l will settle for a kid who can read a playbook this time 😂

Yes no problem at all, just losing our #1 wr from last year in a wr room that was already in shambles. No problem at all.
I agree. what is more disturbing to me is that this happened under the new OC. My point is that KLS was clearly aggravated at the end of last season. But he chose to hang until the spring. Apparently, halfway through the spring, he decided to pull the trigger and xfer out. I am not sure I agree with many of the disparaging remarks being made about him but I would have hoped he saw the new offense and was excited about it. Perhaps he's lost confidence in our QBs. Perhaps he sees a continued emphasis on the running game. Perhaps he didn't like some of the new players coming in. Regardless, he is talented and will be missed on game days.

Yes no problem at all, just losing our #1 wr from last year in a wr room that was already in shambles. No problem at all.
He wasn't our #1 and he isn't that good. As you'll see wherever he lands. He was absolute trash last year and was a huge problem in that room. Let's call a spade a spade and stop pretending this shouldn't have happened 3 months ago.

I agree. what is more disturbing to me is that this happened under the new OC. My point is that KLS was clearly aggravated at the end of last season. But he chose to hang until the spring. Apparently, halfway through the spring, he decided to pull the trigger and xfer out. I am not sure I agree with many of the disparaging remarks being made about him but I would have hoped he saw the new offense and was excited about it. Perhaps he's lost confidence in our QBs. Perhaps he sees a continued emphasis on the running game. Perhaps he didn't like some of the new players coming in. Regardless, he is talented and will be missed on game days.
This guy you're all talking about was never the guy we saw on the field. Not once.
Why would he be losing confidence in the QB if he's the one that can't hang on to the ball?

He did nothing at the end of last season. Caught one pass for 6 yards vs Michigan, 6 for 52 vs OSU but I think mainly in garbage time.

My take is different with the new OC. I bet the new OC showed him the door. I bet he didn't like Fleming coming in and didn't like that he was not the #1. He has physical skills but poor leadership and attitude.

We can certainly have an excellent season without him. Not a huge loss by any means.

We still do need to add WRs in the portal if at all possible.
I'm hopeful Wallace and Saunders have made a lot of improvement and Fleming is as good as Parker Washington was for us (I know that could be a reach). I also have high hopes that Clifford can emerge as a solid possession guy for us.

I'm all for getting a portal WR to add juice to the competition, just seems like that is a toss up in terms of it working out. Tinsley was decent but Cephus was a bust and McClain has done nothing.

I'm hopeful Wallace and Saunders have made a lot of improvement and Fleming is as good as Parker Washington was for us (I know that could be a reach). I also have high hopes that Clifford can emerge as a solid possession guy for us.

I'm all for getting a portal WR to add juice to the competition, just seems like that is a toss up in terms of it working out. Tinsley was decent but Cephus was a bust and McClain has done nothing.
I agree. There's risk with the portal. I'm not confident about any of the guys other than Fleming. Wallace and Saunders need to improve greatly to even really be contributors let alone 2/3 guys.

I agree. There's risk with the portal. I'm not confident about any of the guys other than Fleming. Wallace and Saunders need to improve greatly to even really be contributors let alone 2/3 guys.
All intertwined with Allar improving and better scheming, playcalling by the new OC. If we see solid improvement in all three areas (WRs, Allar, OC) then we can/will be really good. If not, then no playoff.

He did nothing at the end of last season. Caught one pass for 6 yards vs Michigan, 6 for 52 vs OSU but I think mainly in garbage time.

My take is different with the new OC. I bet the new OC showed him the door. I bet he didn't like Fleming coming in and didn't like that he was not the #1. He has physical skills but poor leadership and attitude.

We can certainly have an excellent season without him. Not a huge loss by any means.
And how'd the rest of our wrs do?

And how'd the rest of our wrs do?
If we can find the right guy in the portal, we will start absolutely nobody, who was part of that abomination last year. Wallace who was basically out for the season, Fleming who was at Ohio State, and a portal guy. Actually I kinda like that, but they need to get a good starter in this portal.

Reactions: GregInPitt
All intertwined with Allar improving and better scheming, playcalling by the new OC. If we see solid improvement in all three areas (WRs, Allar, OC) then we can/will be really good. If not, then no playoff.
I'm not convinced this WR room would be good with Collins in his prime

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT