ADVERTISEMENT

Breitbart Chief WH Correspondent Confronts CNN Reporter on Media Bias: ‘Part of the Swamp Trump Supp

T J

May 29, 2001
Breitbart Chief WH Correspondent Confronts CNN Reporter on Media Bias: ‘Part of the Swamp Trump Supporters Were Sick of’

Breitbart Chief White House Correspondent Charlie Spiering didn’t back down when CNN’s Jim Acosta claimed at an event on Tuesday in Washington, D.C. that members of the media should get along, even if they have ideological differences.

“Well, I think that the sort of go along, get along, everyone gets along climate in Washington, D.C. is what Americans are tired of,” Spiering said. “They’re tired of the closeness of the news media with the officials they cover. They’re tired of the stories of everybody hanging out and going out to dinners and partying.”

Spiering was interrupted by Julie Pace of the Associated Press.

“That happens with Republicans and Democrats too, to be fair,” Pace said. “I mean it’s not as though reporters are hanging out with only Democrats. We have dinners and lunches and coffees with Republicans as well.”

“Right, but it’s part of the establishment,” Spiering responded. “It’s part of the swamp that, you know, the Trump supporters were very sick of.”

Spiering said that the liberal media have a “hostile tone” when reporting on Trump — a much different tone then when covering those who share their worldview, like when reporting on Susan Rice and the recent controversy over her role in unmasking the names of certain people in the Trump campaign picked up in intelligence reports.

“I think what upsets a lot of our readers is when you hear the media being so willing to exonerate Susan Rice, as Jim just did, and they take a completely hostile tone towards the president. But when it comes to people like Susan Rice, they’re not taking the same tone of hostility, and a lot of the news that they publish on that — I think a lot of our readers see that as sort of coming from one side,” Spiering said.

“This is why our readers are so comfortable with the president describing the media as the opposition party,” Spiering said. “They’re getting most of their talking points — a good portion of their sources — from their Democratic friends.

“They didn’t vote for the president,” Spiering said. “They don’t know too many of the president’s supporters, and I think there is a difference in tone coming from the mainstream media versus Breitbart.”

Thanks http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...t-of-the-swamp-trump-supporters-were-sick-of/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News