ADVERTISEMENT

Brody Teske

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
Brody Teske Visits Penn State

Ross Bartachek (@rossbchek) / 3 hours ago June 5, 2017

It appears that Cael Sanderson will stop at nothing when it comes to courting the nation’s top recruits, with Fort Dodge standout Brody Teske posting on Instagram a picture of his unofficial visit this past weekend. The three-time Iowa high school state champion is among the top lightweight recruits in the country has been entertaining offers from all the big instate programs – Iowa, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa – and apparently Penn State.

In a story for the Des Moines Register, Teske said he had narrowed his top schools down to a top seven, though outside of listing the three instate programs, no one other schools were mentioned. Although Teske has not released his schools, it’s not hard to guess that he’s received a call from every major program in the country, because not many would pass up on landing the nation’s #30 overall recruit.

Penn State is currently off to a red hot start to their 2018 recruiting, already receiving verbal commitments from four of the top five prospects. Among those recruits are #2 Gavin Teasdale (Jefferson Morgan, PA) and #4 Roman Bravo-Young (Sunnyside, AZ), both project to wrestle 125 or 133 pounds in college, the same weight as Teske.

In addition to being one of the top recruits in the class of 2018, Teske is also coming off a third place performance at the UWW Cadet Nationals in Akron, Ohio.

We will be discussing Teske’s visit on Potentially Dangerous Podcast tonight LIVE at 8PM on Facebook Live.

https://iawrestle.com/2017/06/05/brody-teske-visits-penn-state/

Last edited:
Predictably, I'd prefer McHenry, but I think Teske will make a good 125-pound wrestler.

I read on HR they predicted him to ISU, as he works out there often and with Spencer coming in. I think he is taking a look, but with our lightweights seemingly covered, I hope he ends up in Ames (if not Happy Valley)...

Reactions: T J
I read on HR they predicted him to ISU, as he works out there often and with Spencer coming in. I think he is taking a look, but with our lightweights seemingly covered, I hope he ends up in Ames (if not Happy Valley)...

I would like that destination also.

McHenry might just end up at Cornell

perhaps. i really have no inside info on his recruiting.

my quick take is that Cornell had a lot of young 125 lbers.

- Dalton Macri: wasn't he the starter at the beginning of this past season, and got hurt in his 1st match? I believe he was a soph. The Ivy League can be funny about redshirting, so I'm not sure what he'll be next season
- Noah Baughman: he was a 2X champ in Ohio in HS. He wrestled 125 after Macri's injury, and was 1st team All-Ivy. He just completed his freshman year
- Jacob Lehr: he wrestled 125 & 133 this past year as a true freshman. I think he mostly wrestled in Opens, but was in for a handful of dual meets
- Jimmy Overhiser: he was a true freshmen this past season. I think he only wrestled in Opens
- Mike Russo: he was a true freshmen this past season, who I believe only wrestled in Opens

that's a lot of rather young talent on the roster at 125.

then again, McHenry has the type of talent that a team will make room for, provided they are confident he'll grow into a 125 lber in college.

perhaps. i really have no inside info on his recruiting.

my quick take is that Cornell had a lot of young 125 lbers.

- Dalton Macri: wasn't he the starter at the beginning of this past season, and got hurt in his 1st match? I believe he was a soph. The Ivy League can be funny about redshirting, so I'm not sure what he'll be next season
- Noah Baughman: he was a 2X champ in Ohio in HS. He wrestled 125 after Macri's injury, and was 1st team All-Ivy. He just completed his freshman year
- Jacob Lehr: he wrestled 125 & 133 this past year as a true freshman. I think he mostly wrestled in Opens, but was in for a handful of dual meets
- Jimmy Overhiser: he was a true freshmen this past season. I think he only wrestled in Opens
- Mike Russo: he was a true freshmen this past season, who I believe only wrestled in Opens

that's a lot of rather young talent on the roster at 125.

then again, McHenry has the type of talent that a team will make room for, provided they are confident he'll grow into a 125 lber in college.
I don't get too worried about the competition at a weight especially with a guy of his talents. You guys seem to have a few individuals now and coming in for the future who could/will overlap at the same weight. I know he's extremely close with Corey Cooperman who is now the coach at Cornells RTC and he's also friends with Vito and Yianni since being teammates on the cadet world team.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
This probably doesnt happen.......but salt in the right amount sure tatstes good.

I think we need a 125 in 2018 or 2019. I'm hoping for Busiello, but that may not happen weight wise. McHenry would be great but, yes, he's a soph, is a great student and will have multiple schools that would make sense for him.
Teske is probably a 125. I don't think he comes here, but this is probably where the interest is coming from.

I think we need a 125 in 2018 or 2019. I'm hoping for Busiello, but that may not happen weight wise. McHenry would be great but, yes, he's a soph, is a great student and will have multiple schools that would make sense for him.
Teske is probably a 125. I don't think he comes here, but this is probably where the interest is coming from.
Kurt McHenry will be a Jr. this up coming season. He will wrestle 115 and then 120 his Sr. year which is perfect.....Love to have him as our 125 pounder.....Quickest kid i have ever seen and he is a freakin mean beast....

Kurt McHenry will be a Jr. this up coming season. He will wrestle 115 and then 120 his Sr. year which is perfect.....Love to have him as our 125 pounder.....Quickest kid i have ever seen and he is a freakin mean beast....
And you know this, how? An email from his father?

BTW, if he is wrestling 115 this year then I would assume you meant 122 senior year. Of course I think he will probably wrestle some 120 this year. But that means exactly squat in regards to how big he is.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT