ADVERTISEMENT

Donation webinar / All Donations matched thru Aug 11

amattaro

Sep 12, 2017
From email:

We also have exciting news in that an anonymous donor who understands the need for and importance of fundraising has challenged us with an incredible opportunity. He has generously offered to match any donations made to Penn State Wrestling between now and the end of the Olympic Games on August 11! This means any contribution, regardless of size, will have twice the impact.

(Mod edit - added info from Cael's email below.)

Please help us take full advantage of this opportunity by clicking the link below to donate to the Penn State Wrestling Excellence Fund today.
Support Penn State Wrestling
Consider choosing recurring giving.
To explain more of what is going on I will be hosting a webinar at 8PM on Wednesday if you would like to join.
Penn State Wrestling Program Webinar
Wednesday, July 24, 8:00PM EST

RSVP deadline is Noon, Wednesday July 24
You MUST use this link to sign up by Wednesday, July 24 at Noon: Penn State Wrestling Webinar Sign Up
**The webinar link will be sent to the email you provide on the sign-up on Wednesday afternoon**
Additionally, we are always looking for ways to engage our most generous supporters. If you are interested in opportunities for potential naming rights, corporate sponsorships, or larger donations, please contact Clay Steadman directly: cms5406@psu.edu. He would be delighted to discuss how your contribution can make a lasting impact on Penn State Wrestling.
Your support is crucial to our mission, and we are deeply grateful for any contribution you can make. Together, we can continue to fuel the dreams of our athletes and uphold the legacy of excellence that defines Penn State Wrestling.
Thank you for your consideration and your support of our program,
Cael Sanderson
Penn State Wrestling​

Last edited by a moderator:
From email:

We also have exciting news in that an anonymous donor who understands the need for and importance of fundraising has challenged us with an incredible opportunity. He has generously offered to match any donations made to Penn State Wrestling between now and the end of the Olympic Games on August 11! This means any contribution, regardless of size, will have twice the impact.
Wow. I’ll be making mine on Friday. Can you put this on the main board to amplify the message?

From email:

Wow. Did the email contain the exact process required for our donations to count?

Are you referring to the PSWC?
To be pedantic, not sure. Email is from “Penn State Wrestling” no “Club”. Signature is “Cael Sanderson”
Wow. I’ll be making mine on Friday. Can you put this on the main board to amplify the message?
What board is main board? lol I only post here!
Wow. Did the email contain the exact process required for our donations to count?
Same link bro @nittinsc posted.

I just made my donation. Double it up Baby! 660 Baby! OK....that was an exaggeration. :)

Last edited:
Cael spoke for a few minutes, but most of the presentation came from Clay. Focus was on requesting donations, especially reoccurring donations. $12/month was the basic level and on up. Clay stated if you want to help with an individual's NIL or a scholarship, shoot him an email. cms5406@psu.edu
He stated several times that our recruits and team members are trying to be being lured away by other teams with money.

Here's the link to donate: https://secure.ddar.psu.edu/s/1218/2014/index.aspx

My only observation: they need to work out their technical difficulties.

FYI, I will be hosting a whiskey tasting in Erie with selections from the top shelf of my stash.
I'll be pouring the following:

Old Fitzerald 17 year old Bottled in Bond
Pappy Van Winkle 15 year old
Sazerac 18 year old Rye
William Larue Weller
George T Stagg
King of Kentucky 16 year old

Including food and 6 glencairn tasting glasses.

Limited to 16 max $1,000pp
Location Erie and date TBD (depending on when some of my foolish friends will be available)

Hoping to raise $32,000 with matching donation.

So if there are any enthusiasts of the brown water out there...

FYI, I will be hosting a whiskey tasting in Erie with selections from the top shelf of my stash.

Sazerac 18 year old Rye
William Larue Weller
George T Stagg

Location Erie and date TBD (depending on when some of my foolish friends will be available)

Very nice and creative! I’m not a brown water fan but I hope you find 16 friends with loose change in their pocket before 8/11

Just made my contribution. Recurring (twice/year) and not big but OK (250) but more than worth the entertainment I get from the team.

Probably wouldn't have been motivated to do much unless this drive from Clay came up - I'm not an alum. RU grad here, but PA resident and PSU fan my whole life (including my college years, during which I had the misfortune of being on the RU campus during the 1988 season - fortunately, pretty much nobody was paying attention on September 24th, 1988 in New Brunswick).

I would guess that it's likely I'm not the only one similarly motivated. Clay's probably already paying nice dividends.

Last edited:

Sazerac 18 year old Rye
William Larue Weller
George T Stagg

how many takers so far?

Cael spoke for a few minutes, but most of the presentation came from Clay. Focus was on requesting donations, especially reoccurring donations. $12/month was the basic level and on up. Clay stated if you want to help with an individual's NIL or a scholarship, shoot him an email. cms5406@psu.edu
He stated several times that our recruits and team members are trying to be being lured away by other teams with money.

Here's the link to donate: https://secure.ddar.psu.edu/s/1218/2014/index.aspx

My only observation: they need to work out their technical difficulties.
Clay said in the webinar that donations directly to PSU or to the PSWC or the NLWC will be doubled. Not clear if you pledge a monthly donation whether just the donation during the Olympics will be doubled if you do that. It was very vague on how they would determine the total amount donated. As a for instance if they want to know the amount donated to the PSWC during that period they have to ask me for the number and no one has contacted me at all.

Lose a bet on this site and I donate to the NLWC. Now I’m getting texts asking for more.

Friend,
Nittany Lion Wrestling Club Olympic wrestlers depend on the generosity of people like you. These donations allow us to have 5 of the 6 MFS weight classes represented in Paris, starting Thursday. Thank you for being part of this team!

You guys are tricky. Not only do I lose a bet but get random reminders that the NLWC dominates American wrestling.

Lose a bet on this site and I donate to the NLWC. Now I’m getting texts asking for more.

Friend,
Nittany Lion Wrestling Club Olympic wrestlers depend on the generosity of people like you. These donations allow us to have 5 of the 6 MFS weight classes represented in Paris, starting Thursday. Thank you for being part of this team!

You guys are tricky. Not only do I lose a bet but get random reminders that the NLWC dominates American wrestling.

Pony up

• Haha
Reactions: jmadden1998

Friend,

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: jmadden1998
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT